Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

A lawsuit is definitely coming. You can't disclose medical information without the person's consent. And he did it out of spite. She's already been paid, but now, the question is how much will she take from him now?

I dont know why he even disclosed it. The kid probably was not his, so he just played himself even more.

Lol...I guess all you have to do is dig up some dirt on Mayweather to empty this place out.

why are you doing this? No one defended his actions and everyone was critical.

Lol...My post was well before people started chiming in.

Start chiming in on Pacquiao's tax issues or his gradual decline in the ring since he came off Ariza's "magic shakes"

Edited by T-REX1240
  • Like 1

Kevin IoleVerified account

‏@KevinI

Purses for #TheMoment: @FloydMayweather $32 million, @ChinoMaidana $1.5 million @AmirKingKhan $1.5 million @RealLuisCollazo $350,000

Mayweather guaranteed to get $32M and Maidana gets $1.5M

And they call Bob Arum a crook?

Mayweather guaranteed to get $32M and Maidana gets $1.5M

And they call Bob Arum a crook?

This is a Golden Boy card my friend. Floyd doesn't pick fighters' purses. His promo card for his company is tonight, not tomorrow. Finger pointing is aimed in the wrong direction here.

But this goes to what I was telling you, from here on out, Floyd will be guaranteed no less than 32 because of the contract with CBS. Plus he still gets whatever on the back end which means he is gonna rake in a nice piece of change.

Now the difference here from Arum is the fact that Maidana will actually get his 1.5 minus any regular fees (promoters, trainers, etc)

Manny doesn't even come close to seeing his guaranteed purse because of Arum's "regular" fees.

are you mad?

Exactly. Floyd has earned his 32+

Maidana has never even seen a seven fig purse. This is a career high pay day for him. 

How much should he be making here??

Edited by T-REX1240

You guys can rationalize it all you want to, Maidana is getting ripped off and you know it. He should be getting at least $4M guaranteed regardless of if he ever seen a 7 figure purse or not. If Arum was offering Maidana $1.5M, he'd get bashed for it. But since this is a GB/Mayweather promotion, it's OK.

They say fighting Mayweather is like hitting the lottery. Is it?

You guys can rationalize it all you want to, Maidana is getting ripped off and you know it. He should be getting at least $4M guaranteed regardless of if he ever seen a 7 figure purse or not. If Arum was offering Maidana $1.5M, he'd get bashed for it. But since this is a GB/Mayweather promotion, it's OK.

Ok so how about you and your buddy Maidana write ODH a letter. You guys can tell him that he's cheating you out of 2.5mil

The funny thing is Arum actually factors Manny's ppv into his purse amounts. He actually makes a lot less than what you think. I'll give you an example of what I mean:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/5/2156489/purse-info-for-manny-pacquiao-vs-shane-mosley

Edited by T-REX1240

Ok so how about you and your buddy Maidana write ODH a letter. You guys can tell him that he's cheating you out of 2.5mil

I assume your letter to Arum about Pacquiao's purse is still in the mail.

No, wouldn't waste my time. But I'm sure you've sent one.. or two.. or TEN

What? You carried on and on and on about Pacquiao getting ripped off by Arum. Now there's a problem when I bring up Maidana's purse? Lol...Wow.

why should Mandiana be getting 4 million? Just give a reason. Just one.

What? You carried on and on and on about Pacquiao getting ripped off by Arum. Now there's a problem when I bring up Maidana's purse? Lol...Wow.

No problem at all. I just ask that you justify why you bring it up.

It's really not even the same arguement. Your arguement is that Maidana should be receiving more than his guarantee. I'm not making that arguement for Paq. I could care less if he was guaranteed 2mil or 200mil but at least GIVE HIM WHAT YOU PROMISED TO GIVE HIM. 

The difference here is that Maidana is guaranteed a purse. He will get that purse and then pay what he feels he needs to pay. Paq is guaranteed a purse and it's down to damn near half before he even sees it. That is the difference. 

I do believe that the $1.5M is before fees (promotions ect).

But again, I don't know why people always say fighting Mayweather is like hitting the lottery. Maybe for Mayweather, but not so much for his opponents.

I do believe that the $1.5M is before fees (promotions ect).

But again, I don't know why people always say fighting Mayweather is like hitting the lottery. Maybe for Mayweather, but not so much for his opponents.

You're right it is but what I mean by robbery is the fact that Arum's "promotional fees" are 30+% of the man's total purse!! Plus he still has other mandatory fees to dish out so how is that even fair??

Fighting Mayweather is like hitting the lottery = Fighting Mayweather is a career high pay day guaranteed. 

You name me one fighter that has fought Mayweather since he's became a ppv star, that has received a higher purse before or after fighting him...... (and I'll patiently await your answer)

You're right it is but what I mean by robbery is the fact that Arum's "promotional fees" are 30+% of the man's total purse!! Plus he still has other mandatory fees to dish out so how is that even fair??

Fighting Mayweather is like hitting the lottery = Fighting Mayweather is a career high pay day guaranteed. 

You name me one fighter that has fought Mayweather since he's became a ppv star, that has received a higher purse before or after fighting him...... (and I'll patiently await your answer)

From what I've read, Maidana could have made just as much in a rematch with Broner. Heck, Khan is getting as much as Maidana and he's on the undercard.

From what I've read, Maidana could have made just as much in a rematch with Broner. Heck, Khan is getting as much as Maidana and he's on the undercard.

A rematch with Broner would be on Showtime. Even with it being a small percentage, Maidana will likely double his reported guarantee from PPV points and tv deals in Argentina.

To answer your question, Juan Manuel Marquez

But that's a lame question to begin with because Mayweather is Golden Boys cash cow and the only fighters he fights are Golden Boy fighters.

You can say the samething about Pacquiao.

To answer your question, Juan Manuel Marquez

But that's a lame question to begin with because Mayweather is Golden Boys cash cow and the only fighters he fights are Golden Boy fighters.

You can say the samething about Pacquiao.

Marquez was guaranteed $200,000 more in his fight with Floyd than he was in his last fight against Manny. So no, you actually can't say the same thing about Pacquiao. I shouldn't even have to tell you why. All you have to do is research fight purses for their common opponents and you'll see why you're wrong as two left shoes. ODH, Cotto, Mosley......

Marquez was guaranteed $200,000 more in his fight with Floyd than he was in his last fight against Manny. So no, you actually can't say the same thing about Pacquiao. I shouldn't even have to tell you why. All you have to do is research fight purses for their common opponents and you'll see why you're wrong as two left shoes. ODH, Cotto, Mosley......

JMM made more in his 3rd fight against Pacquiao than he did against Mayweather.

You asked the question and I gave you an answer. Now go look it up and come back and try to twist it to fit your agenda.

Still, I am aware that Maidana will make a little more once the PPV numbers are counted, but we were only talking guaranteed purses. Heck, we're only talking about $1.5M. I don't think it's to far a stretch to think he would have made that against Broner.