Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

We have at least two now.

But couldn't he have fought someone like Clotty? Or a younger Mosley?

Clottey doesnt fit this bill at all, lol. That guy is a plodder. That would have been an easy opponent too.

As for Mosely, toothache.

Nice to know that you're a mind reader. But anyway, Devon Alexander would probably touch Floyd more than Maidana will in two weeks.

yup, you say it now. Fight happens, and goes the way all Floyd fights go, and then you go and diss Alexander. You did the same thing before the Canelo fight was announced, then you started dissing it as soon as it was signed.

Clottey doesnt fit this bill at all, lol. That guy is a plodder. That would have been an easy opponent too.

As for Mosely, toothache.

yup, you say it now. Fight happens, and goes the way all Floyd fights go, and then you go and diss Alexander. You did the same thing before the Canelo fight was announced, then you started dissing it as soon as it was signed.

I actually gave Mayweather credit for fighting Canelo. I didn't think he would have fought him. But I did say that if Canelo was a world wind of whoop ass vs Trout, Floyd would not have fought him. He saw that he struggled against Trout and knew that it would be easy pickings.

And I can say the samething about a lot of you Mayweather fans. Just look at all the disrespect Bradley has gotten since Pacquiao beat him. Before the fight, many of you thought Bradley was gonna outbox Pacquiao. Now he's a nobody.

I actually gave Mayweather credit for fighting Canelo. I didn't think he would have fought him. But I did say that if Canelo was a world wind of whoop ass vs Trout, Floyd would not have fought him. He saw that he struggled against Trout and knew that it would be easy pickings.

And I can say the samething about a lot of you Mayweather fans. Just look at all the disrespect Bradley has gotten since Pacquiao beat him. Before the fight, many of you thought Bradley was gonna outbox Pacquiao. Now he's a nobody.

I haven't disrespected Bradley. I have no idea why he changed up his tactics after controlling the fight, but Pac won it and won it pretty easy. Bradley isnt a nobody, and I dont think anyone has said that.

I haven't disrespected Bradley. I have no idea why he changed up his tactics after controlling the fight, but Pac won it and won it pretty easy. Bradley isnt a nobody, and I dont think anyone has said that.

I'm not necessarily saying you or anyone on this thread has been implying that Bradley is all of a sudden a nobody. I was just generalizing quite a few Mayweather fans on many sites. Before the fight, a lot of people that are Mayweather fans had predicted Bradley to outbox Pac. After the fight, Bradley wasn't all that.

T-Rex,

Stephen A Smith? Seriously. If it's not basketball, dude is Clueless with a capital C. He strikes me as one of those guys that only watch Mayweather and maybe Pacquiao. I know a lot of guys like that. He wouldn't know who guys like Andre Ward, Mickey Garcia, Danny Garcia, Lara, just to name a few.

And you know who his sources are? The internet. Most of us know Pac's contract with TR expires soon. But we all know that Pac isn't about to leave TR. And let's tell it like it is. This is just yet another demand by Mayweather to keep the fight from happening. It's really none of his business who Pacquiao chooses as his promoter. So now people like Stephen A Smith will claim that Pacquiao didn't want the fight of he stays with TR.

Edited by DM72

T-Rex,

Stephen A Smith? Seriously. If it's not basketball, dude is Clueless with a capital C. He strikes me as one of those guys that only watch Mayweather and maybe Pacquiao. I know a lot of guys like that. He wouldn't know who guys like Andre Ward, Mickey Garcia, Danny Garcia, Lara, just to name a few.

LOL how convenient of you to not mention the ultra-clueless Skip Bayless

LOL how convenient of you to not mention the ultra-clueless Skip Bayless

Skip Bayless just believe Pacquiao would win. Stephen.A acts like a damn fool at times.

Just an example of his knowledge of boxing. They had a debate on all-time greats vs Mayweather. They brought up Leonard, Hearns, Duran and Hagler. When they got to Hagler Stephen A just threw the great Hagler by his waist side by saying, "he's too slow." I bet you that fool don't even know Hagler was a true middleweight and would walk Mayweather down.

And I swear, he must watch the JMM KO of Pacquiao every night before he goes to bed. Dude CANNOT talk boxing without bringing it up.

Pacquiao vs Alvarez Later In 2014? Maybe.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-boxing-de-la-hoya-arum-pacquiao-canelo-20140422,0,5057374.story#axzz2zipan0ny

I'm not so sure Canelo gets past my boy Lara, but if he does, I hope they get this fight done. Also, we've all blamed Mayweather, Arum and Pacquiao for the fight not getting done. I believe Richard Schaefer might be a bigger villain in this that we all thought. 

It would really be nice if this Cold War ends. Too many great fights that we fans are missing out on. If this is the beginning of the end of the Cold War, I'm all for it. Would love to see, Pacquiao, Crawford, Donaire, Rigo, Chavez Jr and Spence against the talent at Golden Boy.

• Like 1

It would really be nice if this Cold War ends. Too many great fights that we fans are missing out on. If this is the beginning of the end of the Cold War, I'm all for it. Would love to see, Pacquiao, Crawford, Donaire, Rigo, Chavez Jr and Spence against the talent at Golden Boy.

This is not the end of the cold war. It's believed that Schaefer is on the verge of breaking away from GB, and he and Al Haymon will start their own promotion. It's becoming more obvious that the cold war is Arum vs Mayweather/Schaefer/Hayman.

I think Oscar's being very shrewd knowing that Canelo is probably destined to be the only PPV attraction after Mayweather and Pacquiao retires. By offering a Pacquiao vs Canelo fight makes Schaefer and company look bad IMO.

This is not the end of the cold war. It's believed that Schaefer is on the verge of breaking away from GB, and he and Al Haymon will start their own promotion. It's becoming more obvious that the cold war is Arum vs Mayweather/Schaefer/Hayman.

I think Oscar's being very shrewd knowing that Canelo is probably destined to be the only PPV attraction after Mayweather and Pacquiao retires. By offering a Pacquiao vs Canelo fight makes Schaefer and company look bad IMO.

http://www.boxinginsider.com/columns/will-canelo-alvarez-fight-manny-pacquiao-richard-schaefer-way/

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-richard-schaefer-bob-arum-20140424,0,4971524,full.story#axzz2zp3xLQLw

Edited by T-REX1240

Even though it probably won't be ppv, I think I would actually consider paying for this fight if I had to:

http://www.fightsaga.com/news/item/4424-Keith-Thurman-vs-Shawn-Porter-Are-we-headed-for-a-%E2%80%9CShowtime%E2%80%9D-versus-%E2%80%9COne-Time%E2%80%9D-Showdown

Porter vs, Thurman could be a monster of a fight.

Edited by T-REX1240

So in other words, Oscar should fire his ass.

I told you, Hayman and Schaefer might be the two people most responsible for holding boxing back.

Yea probably about to happen soon. But Shaefer knows exactly what he's doing. Get paid thru 2018 all the while putting together possibly the biggest promo company ever, with Al Haymon.

http://3morerounds.com/blogs/de-la-hoya-schaefer-not-seeing-eye-to-eye-about-arum/

Edited by T-REX1240

Showtime Triple Header tonight at 9:30pm EST

Keith Thurman vs. Julio Diaz (147 lbs)

Thurman makes a statement tonight to keep up the hype and momentum like Porter just showed against Paulie. Think they are on a collision course for fight early next year. Thurman by KO in 7

Lucas Matthysse vs. John Molina (140 lbs)

Gonna be good while it lasts. Both guys can bang. Matthysse TKO in 5

Omar Figueroa vs. Jerry Belmontes (135 lbs)

Figueroa defense is non-existent. Think it will catch up to him tonight. Belmontes with the upset SD win

ESPN live Boxing at 5pm EST

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Alex Leapai (Heavyweights)

Klitschko by KO in 6 against this truck driver. Hoping to see an upset, but won't hold my breath.

Heavyweight division needs some excitement, but sadly this fight won't be it. Still waiting for some of the young American Heavyweights to get their chance and show something.

• Like 1