Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Boxing is such a fraud and money sport.  That fight was a joke.  It was fixed.  A busy fighter who wasn't busy?  Really.

Might be the worst fight I have ever watched.  I am almost through with the sport.

That was pathetic.  But they sold it good with a split decision.  Scammers.

Edited by chipwhich

Roach says both guys get the blame for no Superfight to date but admits Pacquiao gets the blame 1st as the orginial fight was done but they didn't want blood testing as Floyd requested.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2014/04/roach-admits-pacquiao-to-blame-for-original-mayweather-fight-not-happening/

Glad he echoed my sentiments that neither guy is scared of one another but the promotional fued has derailed the fight.

Edited by T-REX1240

Well you can say Mayweather is to blame 1st for even bringing up blood testing. Not saying blood testing is bad, BUT has Mayweather ever requested any of his other potential opponents (before Pacquiao) to have random blood testing?

• Like 1

Well you can say Mayweather is to blame 1st for even bringing up blood testing. Not saying blood testing is bad, BUT has Mayweather ever requested any of his other potential opponents (before Pacquiao) to have random blood testing?

Nope. Blood tests weren't madated by Floyd until the Paq fight fell thru. The fact of the matter is plain & simple, it was a demand Floyd was (and still is) in a position to make and it wasn't (and still isn't) a crazy demand. Paq gave blood before so it wasn't as if Floyd was asking him to do something he'd never done. 

Bottom line, if your father or someone close to you told you said that they heard rumors from inside your opponents camp that he was juicing, I think you'd want the same thing.

If Roach admits the fault, why can't you. It's pretty obvious.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/dec/23/manny-pacquiao-floyd-mayweather-blood-testing

Edited by T-REX1240

No offense, but Roach says  A LOT of things. Depends on the day.

Since we're back on this, Pacquiao has agreed to random blood testing for a while now.

Right and Floyd should have taken him up on that offer. But it's much deeper than that now. Pac should have accepted that 40mil  instead of continuing to accept these 20mil offers and only see 9 of it.

Right and Floyd should have taken him up on that offer. But it's much deeper than that now. Pac should have accepted that 40mil  instead of continuing to accept these 20mil offers and only see 9 of it.

At the time this so-called $40M offer was made, Pacquiao had every right to not accept that offer. A lot of people were saying that was a $150M-$200M fight at the time. What, Mayweather was gonna walk away with around $80-$100M? Floyd's being a little greedy don't ya think? PLUS, you guys must be living on La La Land if you thought Pacquiao didn't deserve ANY of the PPV rights. On top of that, Floyd knew damn well that Pacquiao wasn't going to accept that offer without Top Rank backing him.

At the time this so-called $40M offer was made, Pacquiao had every right to not accept that offer. A lot of people were saying that was a $150M-$200M fight at the time. What, Mayweather was gonna walk away with around $80-$100M? Floyd's being a little greedy don't ya think? PLUS, you guys must be living on La La Land if you thought Pacquiao didn't deserve ANY of the PPV rights. On top of that, Floyd knew damn well that Pacquiao wasn't going to accept that offer without Top Rank backing him.

Floyd told him they can discuss the money on the back end. That means ppv was open for negotiation. Also the number you projected is out of this world. No way Floyd would walk away with a cool 200mil from that fight. Especially if Pac was guaranteed 40 of it. Would Floyd have gotten the bigger purse, yes and rightfully so. But 200 is a stretch dude, seriously. 

Also, Manny is so loyal to Top Rank yet they continue to rob him blind. Business-wise, he's a damn idiot. If I were Floyd, I probably would have been willing to do a 50/50 split just to make the fight happen and silence the critics. But I don't feel he's wrong for not doing it. Bob Arum even thought 60/40 was crazy and I really don't see how; that's the best offer he could have asked for and he should have taken that one as well.

Edited by T-REX1240

I said $80-$100M.

But anyway, if Pacquiao is loyal to Top Rank to a fault, that's Pacquiao's business. Not Floyd's. At the time, I think 55/45 for Mayweather was a fair deal.

I agree but Arum said anything less than 50/50 is absurd.

The Pac/Mayweather fight drama is actually hilarious when you think of all of the twists and turns.  People forget about the Teddy Atlas email scandal, Arum's demands to build a stadium/Pac taking 6 months to heal a cut, Mayweather saying Pac had to sign with his promotion company, etc.  The absurdity of it all is amazing and it will never go away until they fight (which I think has a higher likelihood of happening now then last year, still under 30% tho).

Cotto-Martinez's coheadliner is Jorge Melendez vs Yuri Foreman...yuck

Shawn Porter just threw his name in the mix for a Mayweather fight

nah, not yet. Id rather see Thurman and Porter go at it first. Winner gets to fight Floyd next May. That would be a beast fight, provided Thurman gets past Julio Diaz. Then have those two fight on Floyd's undercard in September.

Porter was the WORST opponent for Paulie.

Also, Garcia wants to move up to 147. Good.

• Like 1

nah, not yet. Id rather see Thurman and Porter go at it first. Winner gets to fight Floyd next May. That would be a beast fight, provided Thurman gets past Julio Diaz. Then have those two fight on Floyd's undercard in September.

Porter was the WORST opponent for Paulie.

Also, Garcia wants to move up to 147. Good.

Not happening. I actually believe you guys might get Mayweather/Alvarez 2 next May if Alvarez doesn't lose either of his next two fights.

I was just talking to somebody about this last night. When was the last time Mayweather has faced a young black fighter that have fast hands and can move?

Not happening. I actually believe you guys might get Mayweather/Alvarez 2 next May if Alvarez doesn't lose either of his next two fights.

I was just talking to somebody about this last night. When was the last time Mayweather has faced a young black fighter that have fast hands and can move?

when was the last time a young black fighter was tops in 147, outside of Floyd?

And has Manny ever fought someone who fit that criteria? (if you say Bradley, then you are a racist)

Thurman is more slick. I dont consider Shawn Porter to be in that mold.

How many fighters would even fit that criteria?

only one I can think of is Devon Alexander. If Floyd fought Devon Alexander, DM72 would say that was a wack opponent for Floyd.

when was the last time a young black fighter was tops in 147, outside of Floyd?

only one I can think of is Devon Alexander. If Floyd fought Devon Alexander, DM72 would say that was a wack opponent for Floyd.

If we go back some years I guess Mosley would fit that bill, but they both avoided each other at various times.

I will never forget when Mosley pulled the "toothache" card after a fight when asked about Mayweather lol

How many fighters would even fit that criteria?

We have at least two now.

But couldn't he have fought someone like Clotty? Or a younger Mosley?

Nice to know that you're a mind reader. But anyway, Devon Alexander would probably touch Floyd more than Maidana will in two weeks.

If we go back some years I guess Mosley would fit that bill, but they both avoided each other at various times.

I will never forget when Mosley pulled the "toothache" card after a fight when asked about Mayweather lol

I like how you guys love bringing up other fighters BS but not Floyd's. Remember when Merchant was on the verge of asking Mayweather about Pacquiao which prompted his infamous "YOU AIN'T ****" rant?

Edited by DM72