Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Definitely the fight of the year. Matthysse bounced back and showed a lot of determination after some early adversity.  Great fight. Hope Molina seeks some medical attention and is OK. That was brutal.

Good call on the Figueroa/Belmontes fight, Belmontes should have received the nod IMO.

Thurman vs. Porter has to happen somewhere in the near future.

• Like 2

It will happen. Golden Boy has been making some great fights lately. I think they will let this one simmer for a bit and set it up for early next year. Both Porter and Thurman are building their fan bases and cases for being top guys at 147 lbs behind Floyd.  With another dominant performance by both, the public's demand will eventually get this fight made. Both are with Al Haymon and under GB promotions. It shouldn't be an issue.

Belmontes blew his chance at the title. All he had to do was be active in a few rounds and he should have easily won the fight. Figueroa looked lost and confused. The one judge who had it 118-110 is blind. Figueroa is probably gonna lose the next time out. He definitely got a gift tonight.

Edited by ksun247

If I were Manny, I would call Floyd's bluff. I understand the whole "loyalty to Arum" bs or whatever but I would let the contract expire and put the ball in Floyd's court. If he's still making excuses then I would go head and sign the new contract with Arum. But I would first test the waters as a free agent and see if Arum is really the reason why that fight isn't made.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/10852241/manny-pacquiao-promoter-bob-arum-discussing-5-fight-extension

A lot of the stuff Kevin Iole pens usually annoys me but he actually put some thought and effort into this article. I found it very insightful.

But on another note, ODH can't possibly believe he can run that company by himself as successfully as it's run now by Shaefer. Which is why i think he'll end up doing business again with Arum; but on Arum's terms. Which means Oscar will def end up getting the ****ty end of the stick on all co-promotions.

Looking more and more likely that the stage is being set for the Sheafer/Haymon promotional company. Haymon will of course be president and continue to play the background while making Shaefer CEO and pretty much letting him run the company. But that legal battle is gonna be CRAZY while it lasts. I just wonder how many big fights it will prevent and how TopRank and other promo companies will capitalize from it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/floyd-mayweather-s-fight-week-shines-light-on-rift-between-oscar-de-la-hoya--richard-schaefer-082722406.html

Kevin IoleVerified account

‏@KevinI

Purses for #TheMoment: @FloydMayweather $32 million, @ChinoMaidana $1.5 million @AmirKingKhan $1.5 million @RealLuisCollazo $350,000

Gotta imagine Maidana will get some ppv points if he accepted 1.5mil. He'll probably clear 3-4mil if the ppv does 800k-1mil buys

I am intrigued by Collazo/Khan. Khan's chin makes every fight a potential danger for him, and Collazo winning would be nice story of perseverance. As long as Khan isn't looking ahead to Mayweather, he should take this fight. 

Edited by StillUnknown

I think Collazo is gonna get him late. Khan is too fast and he'll rack up points and the early rounds. But he shows no discipline when boxing, has no defense and a suspect chin. I think Collazo will catch him with a good shot late and get a TKO after a couple of knockdowns. That's a decent payday for Collazo, but man, that sucks. He should have at least been able to get half of Khan's purse or at least $600K.  I know he's the B-side, but that's not a lot of respect financially. Even though, that's probably his biggest purse to date. At least, it's a decent exposure for all and we'll see some good action.  Any word on Broner's purse?

Pac  knows Mayweather won't do business with Top Rank, here is Pac chance to make 40+ Million to be a free agent for one fight making way more money without being scewed but by Arum and he chooses not too, after the fight you can always go back to top rank.

• Like 1

Gotta imagine Maidana will get some ppv points if he accepted 1.5mil. He'll probably clear 3-4mil if the ppv does 800k-1mil buys

Maidana is going thru some legal issues with his ex-trainer/manager. His purse is frozen until everything is resolved so he can't even enjoy the fruits of his labor right now.

Pac  knows Mayweather won't do business with Top Rank, here is Pac chance to make 40+ Million to be a free agent for one fight making way more money without being scewed but by Arum and he chooses not too, after the fight you can always go back to top rank.

Why should Floyd care if Pac gets screwed by Top Rank? Is it any of his business? Funny, when Pac and Floyd originally went into negotiations 3 or 4 years ago, Floyd didn't have no problem dealing with Top Rank. Drug testing was the hold up. Now 3 or 4 years later, Arum is this big problem?

I cannot believe you guys are still buying that excuse. It's just another demand in the long list of demands by Mayweather.

And ya boy sympathies with Sterling. I had to add that.

Edited by DM72

Arum is going to be in trouble soon, JccJr says he has sent people to Mexico to harass him into signing an extension to fight GGG. This violates the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act, a federal law. Arum has done this before with Bradley, Marquez and Pacquiao. If JccJr takes him to court, it could be the death blow to Top Rank.

Why should Floyd care if Pac gets screwed by Top Rank? Is it any of his business? Funny, when Pac and Floyd originally went into negotiations 3 or 4 years ago, Floyd didn't have no problem dealing with Top Rank. Drug testing was the hold up. Now 3 or 4 years later, Arum is this big problem?

I cannot believe you guys are still buying that excuse. It's just another demand in the long list of demands by Mayweather.

And ya boy sympathizes with Sterling. I had to add that.

Valid point but who says the relationship didn't sour more?

And by the way that 4 years ago Mayweather signed his portion of the contract, Pac didn't he was affraid of needles!

And again Floyd called Pac on the phone a year ago and tired to wire him 40 million dollars to fight and Pac put up his middle finger and never sniffed 40 million.

Or the time Golden Boy and Floyd actually was ready to do a deal but Arum said this make believe Staduim wasn't built i time.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

Come on Sick, there was no way Pac was gonna accept that $40M flat rate offer and Floyd knew it. At the time, people were saying that a Pac/May fight could have generated between $150M-$200M. You think $40M was a good offer? And there was no way Manny was gonna accept a deal where he would $0.00 from PPV and revenues.

I am looking at it like this when Floyd just got off of making 50 million and Pac just got off making 20 I think its very fair. Pac would double his loot at 40million and Mayweather would double his at 100 only fair imo. Instead Pac went on to sign a extension where he his giving Arum 30% and lord only knows how much that rat really took from the guy, he could have came home with 40 million ALL HIS well before he pay his taxes.

Come on DM, Mayweather has been pulling that his last 5 or 6 fights, not only does he set records with guarentee purses his numbers after PPV is off the charts. Then after that he doesn't have to pay a promotor 30% he gives Goldenboy a small percentage and banks the rest. I just don't understand the only person that had that kind of star power is Pacman but he refused to follow the blueprint.

You think he made $50M fighting guys like Ortiz and Guerrero? I highly doubt he makes $50M fighting Maidana.

It's a clear contradiction to estimate the super fight raking in 200mil for (I'll be generous and say) ~2.7ppv but then at the same time say Floyd can't pull 50mil for a fight doing 1.25ppv

How is that even possible??

Actually, Sick had claimed Floyd was coming of a $50M fight prior to the $40M offer to Paq. Other than the Alverez fight, what other fight would Floyd have made $50M?

Actually $50mil is pretty much the norm for Floyd so you can pick any fight you want. The Alvarez fight pocketed Floyd around 85mil which was a great night for Floyd but he averages 50 bro.