Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Guest sith lord
Oh my gosh yeees...he PUNISHED Zab...but as you probably saw in the Judah/Mayweather fight...."Zab quickness"...aint exactly "Floyd quickness"....as for Cotto/Mosley...ehhhh...I still think Shane won that fight...

Shane did not win that fight. Cotto outclassed him in almost every round.

Oh my gosh yeees...he PUNISHED Zab...but as you probably saw in the Judah/Mayweather fight...."Zab quickness"...aint exactly "Floyd quickness"....as for Cotto/Mosley...ehhhh...I still think Shane won that fight...

I dunno man.....Zab was winning that fight hands down until Floyd got in his head. I think it was the first 4 or 5 rounds I gave to Zab. Zab would be an unstopable fighter if he could lose the ego/attitude/ and gain some self control.

those are his downfalls.

Guest sith lord
I dunno man.....Zab was winning that fight hands down until Floyd got in his head. I think it was the first 4 or 5 rounds I gave to Zab. Zab would be an unstopable fighter if he could lose the ego/attitude/ and gain some self control.

those are his downfalls.

I don't know. As Floyd said even before their match, Zab is a frontrunner. He looks good for the first few rounds, then fades. I'm actually glad the Judah/Mosley fight was cancelled because Judah DOES NOT deserve to be on PPV at this stage.

alot of people feel Taylor is overrated (i'm not one of them). outside of Jermain Taylor, their level of comp is similar though.

Cotto beat Mosely because Mosely played his game. Shane actually stood toe to toe with Cotto for alot of that fight. He did better and won rounds when he would box Cotto.

there is no way on earth Mayweather would stand toe to toe with Cotto. i don't think Cotto has the handspeed to bother Mayweather's defense. Also Cotto still isn't moving his head enough defensively, i think Mayweather would be able to exploit that.

Cotto's only hope in that fight would be to land a clean devastating shot to Mayweather's body to slow him down. i think Floyd would win a comfortable UD.

I agree with all of this. I'm not so sre Floyd would win a comfortable Unanimous decision....but I'm not really sure what would happen.

I think Cotto is a much better BOXER than people give him credit for. Everyone knows he can out punch just about anyone in boxing....he is the pound for pound hardest hitter I've ever seen. But cotto can also box....I think we will see that against Margarito....because if cotto tries to stand in the middle of the ring and trade w/ Margarito he just might lose (it would be a highly entertaining fight) but he has a much better chance using his boxing skills.

Guest sith lord
I agree with all of this. I'm not so sre Floyd would win a comfortable Unanimous decision....but I'm not really sure what would happen.

I think Cotto is a much better BOXER than people give him credit for. Everyone knows he can out punch just about anyone in boxing....he is the pound for pound hardest hitter I've ever seen. But cotto can also box....I think we will see that against Margarito....because if cotto tries to stand in the middle of the ring and trade w/ Margarito he just might lose (it would be a highly entertaining fight) but he has a much better chance using his boxing skills.

Pound for pound the hardest puncher you ever seen? You think he is a harder puncher than Trinidad was?

those are his downfalls.

I meeeean...the mental game is part of boxing...look how Ali used that skill..

Pound for pound the hardest puncher you ever seen? You think he is a harder puncher than Trinidad was?

oh yeah.....Trinidad was a devastating puncher....but I think Cotto hits harder....I never saw an opponent of Trinidad wave the fight off because his shoulder was dislocated from blocking punches.....Cotto had a fight where that happened!

I did love seeing Trinidad dismantle Mayorga though....talk about punching power.

since we talking about welterweight, who do you guys thing Andre Berto should fight next?

i'm thinking he should get the winner of Josh Clottey/Zab Judah

I wouldn't mind seeing that....Berto is very impressive....he is the guy that I think will eventually lure Floyd out of retirement.

I think Berto is better fit to drop down to 140 and dominate that division for a couple years....but the winner of Clottey/Judah makes sense....that would be a huge step up in competition for Berto....I don't think we'll see it just yet.

I wouldn't mind seeing that....Berto is very impressive....he is the guy that I think will eventually lure Floyd out of retirement.

I think Berto is better fit to drop down to 140 and dominate that division for a couple years....but the winner of Clottey/Judah makes since....that would be a huge step up in competition for Berto....I don't think we'll see it just yet.

i've been thinking for quite awhile now he could be an absolute beast and dominate 140lbs. he's only 5'8, i don't think making the weight would be that big an issue.

Zab is just as fast as floyd if not faster. He knocked Mayweather down too when his glove touched it, but the ref didn't see it. Also, I was at the Cotto Judah fight and it was far from a beat down. Judah had Cotto hurt several times and almost had him out in the 10 before being knocked out. Cotto is a great fight, but he's no Money May. I think Mayweather would win a lopsided decision. Too much speed and skill and boxing IQ.

What do you guys think about the Toney Rahman rematch? Loser goes away, winner back in the hw picture...

Zab is just as fast as floyd if not faster. He knocked Mayweather down too when his glove touched it, but the ref didn't see it. Also, I was at the Cotto Judah fight and it was far from a beat down. Judah had Cotto hurt several times and almost had him out in the 10 before being knocked out. Cotto is a great fight, but he's no Money May. I think Mayweather would win a lopsided decision. Too much speed and skill and boxing IQ.

What do you guys think about the Toney Rahman rematch? Loser goes away, winner back in the hw picture...

Although I love Toney for being such a character, I'd really prefer he just go away. He's not going to KO anyone and he won't train for the real contenders. rahman always has a puncher's chance but he's becoming one of those palookas that never pans out.

all things considered Zab probably has more physical tools than Floyd. his hand are just as fast, but Zab definitely has more power. the difference is Floyd is so much smarter in the ring than Zab. To me thats Floyd's most underrated weapon, he is an absolute student of the game. Boxing at its core is a science and Floyd mastered it. He and his team are great at gameplanning and breaking down their opponent.

all things considered Zab probably has more physical tools than Floyd. his hand are just as fast, but Zab definitely has more power. the difference is Floyd is so much smarter in the ring than Zab. To me thats Floyd's most underrated weapon, he is an absolute student of the game. Boxing at its core is a science and Floyd mastered it. He and his team are great at gameplanning and breaking down their opponent.

Yep. Until someone beats him, Mayweather is King. Zab's chin and heart are suspect despite his mad skills.

I believe it is my comments on Zab that got the past few comments posted....I was in no way trying to put zab in the same league as Floyd.....as stilluknow said "Floyd's most underrated weapon, he is an absolute student of the game." He is....he has it physically and mentally...you have to have both to be a great boxer.

I brought up zab's physical tools in relation to mayweather to show Cotto's potential in a showdown w/ floyd!

Cotto knocked out Zab and out boxed Shane. Cotto is under-rated. I'm not going to guarantee a victory. But a Cotto-Mayweather fight wouldn't be as lopsided as some of you think

Yep. Until someone beats him, Mayweather is King. Zab's chin and heart are suspect despite his mad skills.

Mayweather will never be king until he unifies the welterweight titles....he would have to beat the winner of Cotto/Margarito, Paul Williams, and Berto to be the "King."

If you want to call someone King....call Manny Pacquiao king! That guy will fight anyone you put in front of him. He beats everyone in his division who is worth a ****....then he moves on to the next division and beats all of them

Mayweather retired because he wanted no piece of the strong welterweight division in front of him.

He didn't want to fight Cotto/Margarito/Mosley/Williams

instead he fought a wreckless Zab Judah, end of his career Oscar De La Hoya, and an over-rated undersized Ricky Hatton.

I will give Mayweather credit in that he is a smart business man for making lots of money and getting out of the sport while he was still young.

but until he dominates the welterweight division he will never be a boxing king to me.

I totally disagree..NO WAY...is Zab faster than Floyd....if he was faster wouldnt have had his face Busted in BOTH fights.....He cried..CRIED BEFORE the Cotto decision, I have not heard ZAB chirpin about fightin Cotto again....if you havent done so watch the fight again on tv....I saw the Mayweather/De la Hoya fight in Vegas....watched it on tv and had a different opinion...I just don't know about Zab something is "off" with the guy...throwing chairs in the ring, chokin refs....I mean who the heck falls in the shower and needs 50 stitches, what was he showering with a bucket of razor blades?!?!

Mayweather will never be king until he unifies the welterweight titles....he would have to beat the winner of Cotto/Margarito, Paul Williams, and Berto to be the "King."

If you want to call someone King....call Manny Pacquiao king! That guy will fight anyone you put in front of him. He beats everyone in his division who is worth a ****....then he moves on to the next division and beats all of them

Mayweather retired because he wanted no piece of the strong welterweight division in front of him.

instead he fought a wreckless Zab Judah, end of his career Oscar De La Hoya, and an over-rated undersized Ricky Hatton.

I will give Mayweather credit in that he is a smart business man for making lots of money and getting out of the sport while he was still young.

but until he dominates the welterweight division he will never be a boxing king to me.

Let me get this straight....in order to just himself as the current king of boxing Floyd must beat Berto....BERTO....besides show enormous POTENTIAL..what has Berto done?

I mean with a resume that includes....at minimum...wins over Dela Hoya, Castillo, Corrales, Gatti, Hatton and Duran..you got at least 4 Hall of Famers right there....I wouldn't think there is much more to prove.

Oh yeah, by the way that Tony Duran :laugh: ....just cooooooooomedy.

i don't agree with the reason you listed for why he retired. he may have not cleaned out WW but he damn sure cleaned out 130 & 135. He was manny pacquiao before Pacquiao.

he "retired" because he really doesn't have anything left to prove in boxing. i'm not going to knock any fighter for getting out of the game while still in good health.

So, back to Saturday: Any thoughts on the Tiger-Wlad fight? Tiger has NOTHING to lose, and he's hungry, so I think he has a chance.

after stinking out the joint in his last fight, Wlad better be on some "seek and destroy" ****

anything less than dominant KO victory for Wlad would be bad for him

I'd favor Money May over any of those opponents but you got me on the point that until he has them notched in his belt, "King" is a bad choice of words.