Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

That uppercut was vicious.
:yes: Man, sometimes you wonder how boxers can take some of those hits. I guess they condition themselves somehow.

EDIT: Norman seemed like he could've continued though...:whoknows:

Oh well, nice win for the local guy (even if he did play around a little too much) :cool:

:yes: Man, sometimes you wonder how boxers can take some of those hits. I guess they condition themselves somehow.

EDIT: Norman seemed like he could've continued though...:whoknows:

Oh well, nice win for the local guy (even if he did play around a little too much) :cool:

Yeah, quick stoppage but the guy had been ROCKED and was hanging through the ropes. The ref was justified, IMO.

Here's something I'd like to see (well, besides having just ONE major organization :mad: ): having a pound-for-pound belt, for which anyone's eligible. See how the heavyweights do against the lighter guys.

Here's something I'd like to see (well, besides having just ONE major organization :mad: ): having a pound-for-pound belt, for which anyone's eligible. See how the heavyweights do against the lighter guys.

you must want to see a death in the ring :laugh: . the weight-classes serve their purpose.

i wouldn't mind seeing fewer weight classes though

Yeah, too many classes and belts right now, but as was said, if a heavy weight, even a loser, fought a welter, it would be bad. A lot of people listen to that old cliche that size doesn't matter, but that is BS. However, the sport just blows in comparison to what I watched growing up. It seemed back then Hearns, Hagler, Duran, and Leonard were always mixing it up. We just don't see those dream fights anymore, and when they do, they stink, because it's over-hyped, over priced, and these guys just don't seem to care as much.

you must want to see a death in the ring :laugh: . the weight-classes serve their purpose.

i wouldn't mind seeing fewer weight classes though

I'd settle for that. Like every 10 pounds or so (or even more, like every 15).

i like the "every 15lbs" suggestion. i would have:

200+ = heavyweight

I could do that. So it'd be anything to 125, 126-140...186-200? I like. From 17 weight classes to 7.

I also think there should be a super heavyweight division. 225+. You see some great heavyweight fights with this scenario and the huge guys would be forced to fight each other instead of fattening up on 205ers.
Another good idea :applause:

Solid win (by points) by Anthony Peterson :):applause:

The post fight interview with Diaz was classic..

I thought Freddy was in there punching me also...

I thought he had a knife with him...

i can't remember an interview with so many casual f-bombs being dropped

"that ****er was fast"

"he was just too ****ing fast"

:laugh: :laugh:

Guest sith lord

Seems like a one sided fight. Glad I didn't order it and it should have been on HBO anyway. I will be ordering the Cotto/Margarito fight.

So does anyone think Pacquiao will eventually move up to the next weight level and try and become a quintuple champ? Only 4 boxers have done that before (major titles only): Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, De la Hoya, Mayweather. De la Hoya's the only one to be a sextuple champion (major titles only).