Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

The rumor circulating is that Pacman will fight Edwin Valero later this year. If he wins the Valero match and Hatton beats Malignaggi the powers that be at HBO want to make a superfight between Hatton and Pacquiao for early next year.

How's this for weight classes (this had been discussed earlier):

221+

201-220

186-200

171-185

156-170

141-155

126-140

111-125

Only 9 instead of 17, fairly easy to remember the limits, and to make it even simpler just call them light, middle, and super for Lightweight (or Featherweight since "Light Lightweight" seems odd), Middleweight, Heavyweight

How's this for weight classes (this had been discussed earlier):

221+

201-220

186-200

171-185

156-170

141-155

126-140

111-125

Not bad, but not there yet for me. This still leaves too much room for the 250+ to thrash guys 25-50 pounds lighter than they are.

But really not bad. It does break it down to half the classes without putting too much stress on guys' natural weights. I'd say add a super HW division and I'd vote for it. :)

Not bad, but not there yet for me. This still leaves too much room for the 250+ to thrash guys 25-50 pounds lighter than they are.

But really not bad. It does break it down to half the classes without putting too much stress on guys' natural weights. I'd say add a super HW division and I'd vote for it. :)

OK, 225-249=Super HW. 250+=Monsterweight? :laugh:

How many guys above 250 are there though? Only one that comes to mind is Valuev.

Ooh. Pac-man is gonna steal Hatton's face.

Hell yeah. Hatton likes to sit there and thump, not a lot of head movement and he's always coming forward. Perfect for Pacman. Manny will knock him out faster than PBF, because Manny doesn't run.

Plus Manny has the KO power, and hasn't lost any speed beefing up five pounds. Manny's right jab is improving every fight, and Freddy Roach is teaching Pacman good defense by keeping his left glove up when opponets counter punch.

Anyways, with PBF retiring........its arguable that Manny could be one of the best Pound4Pound fighters if he continues this massacre in the light weight division and knocking mofo's out.

You know I got to cheer for my fellow countryman!!!!

manny-pacquiao-11.jpg

[/url]

Hell yeah. Hatton likes to sit there and thump, not a lot of head movement and he's always coming forward. Perfect for Pacman. Manny will knock him out faster than PBF, because Manny doesn't run.

Plus Manny has the KO power, and hasn't lost any speed beefing up five pounds. Manny's right jab is improving every fight, and Freddy Roach is teaching Pacman good defense by keeping his left glove up when opponets counter punch.

Anyways, with PBF retiring........its arguable that Manny could be one of the best Pound4Pound fighters if he continues this massacre in the light weight division and knocking mofo's out.

You know I got to cheer for my fellow countryman!!!!

I remember watching Manny fight a few years ago. Fun to watch, and powerful puncher, but not the greatest form. would be off balance and throw erratically. Always trying to knock the fighter out with his left hand. Last weekend he really showed how much his boxing skills have really matured

box_a_pacqiuao_diaz_412.jpg

I remember watching Manny fight a few years ago. Fun to watch, and powerful puncher, but not the greatest form. would be off balance and throw

erratically. Always trying to knock the fighter out with his left hand. Last weekend he really showed how much his boxing skills have really matured

Yeah I completely agree. I was kind of skeptical about Roach training him, but he's obviously had a positive influence on Pacman and his boxing skills. Manny was able to get away with just sheer power alone. But adding another dimension to his game will make him one hell of a fighter. I have to admit, its been a joy and privilege of watching Manny perfect his craft!!!!

Big couple of weekends coming up for local boxers:

-Lamont Peterson's fighting Sat. night on Shobox (11:00), on the televised undercard of the Torres-Holt title rematch.

-Next Saturday: Tony "Tiger" Thompson gets a shot at Klitschko's titles (televised at 4:30 on HBO <odd time, but it's live from Germany>)

Don't forget about Lamont Peterson fighting tonight at 11 on Shobox. Here's what I read somewhere:

1. A win tonight by Lamont will put him in line for a chance at the winner of the main event tonight -- the WBO junior welterweight title bout between Ricardo Torres and Kendall Holt. A win by Lamont wouldna't necessarily make him the mandatory challenger, though.

2. There is also talk that the winner of the Torres-Holt bout might face WBC champion Timothy Bradley in a unification bout, which would freeze Lamont out for the time being.

• Like 1

Lamont wins by corner stoppage in the 9th after knockdown. Castaneda's tough, and Lamont was too cautious (should've ended earlier), but utterly DOMINANT performance by Lamont :) :applause:

They showed highlights of Holt-Torres 1. IMO Holt got screwed.

Wow, Holt got knocked down twice, but then DECKED Torres w/ a DEVASTATING right to win back his title :yikes:

1 round, it's over.

EDIT: It only took 1:01. And it wasn't a TKO, it was a brutal KO.

Lamont Peterson looked great on the undercard.

I wasn't impressed with Peterson at all! His opponent rarely threw punches....when he did, they were all weak arm punches.

Peterson has zero punching power....If he fights Holt, the fight wont last long!

I wasn't impressed with Peterson at all! His opponent rarely threw punches....when he did, they were all weak arm punches.

Peterson has zero punching power....If he fights Holt, the fight wont last long!

Well, I don't know whether it's that Lamont doesn't have much power or that Castaneda is just tough (the announcers said he's "durable," and Lamont is Castaneda's 14th loss but only the 4th to beat him by KO or TKO). But besides that, Lamont was quicker, outjabbed him, out powerpunched him, and just beat him in every aspect.

Well, I don't know whether it's that Lamont doesn't have much power or that Castaneda is just tough (the announcers said he's "durable," and Lamont is Castaneda's 14th loss but only the 4th to beat him by KO or TKO). But besides that, Lamont was quicker, outjabbed him, out powerpunched him, and just beat him in every aspect.

Well, I've only seen Peterson fight once before....he could have other dimensions to his game that I haven't seen.....but to me he looked slow and weak facing an inferior opponent. I don't think he would stand much of a chance against a legit title holder.