Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Vladimir Klitschko Announces Retirement

Dr. Steelhammer calls it a day!!!

He was a class act and a true Ambassador for the sport of boxing. I wonder what he'll do with his spare time now. If he doesn't have major plans, I wish one of the major alphabet organizations would give him a serious role within their organizations. He can do wonders for the sport of boxing either from the amateur/Olympic level or at the professional level. He was never an embarrassment to boxing and always gave his all in the ring.

I still love the videos of Shannon Briggs calling him out "Let's Go Champ!" and Vlad always having this "You gotta be kidding me" look on his face, especially the restaurant one. If he could have had one more fight, I would have like to see him retire Briggs with a devastating KO! He had one helluva career. Besides the brutal KO loss to the late Corrie Sanders, notwithstanding, he dominated most of his competition, until the Tyson Fury fight. I didn't think he had anything left in the tank, because he seemed very gun shy against Fury.  His fight with AJ, I thought he gave a respectable performance and went out like a champ on his shield, but he gained a world of respect from the masses. 

Retire in peace Champ and chill with Hayden! 

• Like 4

kinda sad he never seemed to get the respect he deserved until he had that war with Joshua.

one of the few elite fighters that was able to almost totally recreate his entire game. had a well earned rep for a weak chin, then mastered how to not get hit clean by his opponents.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2017 at 8:22 PM, DM72 said:

Mayweather vs McGreggor tix went on sale today. 

I must say, they're not as expensive as I thought they'd be. The real fans can actually afford to see it live. The get in price is $500. Expensive, but not THAT expensive.

I think the PPV is reasonably priced too.  Even though I think McGregor stands almost no chance of winning, I am definitely buying the PPV because I want to see exactly how it goes down.  McGregor claims to have a strategy.  I want to see how far that strategy can take him.

Edited by Ron78

25 minutes ago, Ron78 said:

I think the PPV is reasonably priced too.  Even though I think McGregor stands almost no chance of winning, I am definitely buying the PPV because I want to see exactly how it goes down.  McGregor claims to have a strategy.  I want to see how far that strategy can take him.

his "strategy" is making the walk to the ring, get schooled, but avoid a stoppage, deposit $100mil

• Like 1

I was planning on going in on it with some friends, but it is actually taking place on my 10th anniversary weekend, I will be out of town in Monterey, CA.  I may have to see if the hotel's wifi is good enough to try and find a stream on the phone, otherwise I will be out of luck and be looking for breaking news alerts on my phone. 

Nick must be smoking something good. Not gonna be a challenge at all.  It's a circus that so many wanna see. If Floyd is in even half the shape he was for the Berto fight, he stops him mid fight from accumulation of punches or Conor's corner throws in the towel. 

22 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

his "strategy" is making the walk to the ring, get schooled, but avoid a stoppage, deposit $100mil

I honestly envision he and Mayweather chilling on a remote island somewhere drinking expensive champagne.

Floyd did him a huge favor.

• Like 1