Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Today, only the daughter was on stage. Baby momma and daughter were on stage the other times.  Daughter was possibly live streaming for Mayweather Promotions on IG. I follow MP on IG and I'm pretty sure it was her or her mom doing the live stream. If I knew it was gonna be like that with the foul language, I personally wouldn't have had my daughter on stage. Too much foolishness on both sides. 

On 7/13/2017 at 9:34 PM, NoCalMike said:

If only Floyd brought Nate Diaz on the stage with him, I'd LOL hard.

I

On 7/13/2017 at 9:36 PM, ksun247 said:

This would have been the ultimate troll move. Don't think Dana White would let that happen though. It would be funny as hell!

6 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Well he did reference Nate Diaz. LOL.

Why does Floyd and everyone insist on bringing up Nate Diaz, being that it's 100% irrelevant to all of this ?

There is literally zero correlation between a Submission and a Boxing Match.

Or is there some hidden,relevant reference to the world of Diaz, that I've missed ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Why does Floyd and everyone insist on bringing up Nate Diaz, being that it's 100% irrelevant to all of this ?

There is literally zero correlation between a Submission and a Boxing Match.

Or is there some hidden,relevant reference to the world of Diaz, that I've missed ?

If I had to guess it's the fact that it gets under McGregor's skin. If you aren't familiar with McGregor in general, he had every excuse in the book ready for why he lost to the "7ft tall, 200lb Nate Diaz" it was quite comical for a guy who is known for his trash talk, to just rattle off every reason besides the fact that he got schooled on the ground by someone with superior skills.  It has no relevance to this boxing match, true, however Connor hates the fact that he lost to Diaz, and the fact that a lot of people think he lost the 2nd fight too.  It's purely mental warfare, IMO.

When you get right down to it, that is sort of my biggest issue with this fight.  Yes, the fact that it is boxing vs. MMA means it is automatically handicapped in Mayweather' favor, but when it comes right down to it, skills-wise, McGregor is not even Mayweather's equal in MMA.  That is the dirty little secret the casual fans are overlooking.  McGregor is very good, maybe borderline great, but he isn't close to being as dominant in MMA as Mayweather is in boxing.  This isn't like an Anderson Silva, or GSP, or hell even Fedor, trying their hand at a different combat sport after dominating for a decade's time.  Mcgregor is a solid fighter that knows how to market himself.

I am still not even sure if his own fans think he actually has a good chance to win, or they just want to cheer him on despite looming defeat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

If I had to guess it's the fact that it gets under McGregor's skin. If you aren't familiar with McGregor in general, he had every excuse in the book ready for why he lost to the "7ft tall, 200lb Nate Diaz" it was quite comical for a guy who is known for his trash talk, to just rattle off every reason besides the fact that he got schooled on the ground by someone with superior skills.  It has no relevance to this boxing match, true, however Connor hates the fact that he lost to Diaz, and the fact that a lot of people think he lost the 2nd fight too.  It's purely mental warfare, IMO.

It's just silly and doesn't make any sense to troll Conor for losing in a manner in which Mayweather has never put himself in position to win or lose in that manner, probably never will put himself in that position, and is unwilling to put himself in that position.

If he really is doing it to get under Conor's skin, then Conor can simply bring up that fact, that Mayweather wants nothing to do with a fight that involves submissions, and all the other stuff that goes along with MMA.

As far as Conor making excuses, I'd disagree. I saw a very humble Conor in defeat.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It's just silly and doesn't make any sense to troll Conor for losing in a manner in which Mayweather has never put himself in position to win or lose in that manner, probably never will put himself in that position, and is unwilling to put himself in that position.

If he really is doing it to get under Conor's skin, then Conor can simply bring up that fact, that Mayweather wants nothing to do with a fight that involves submissions, and all the other stuff that goes along with MMA.

As far as Conor making excuses, I'd disagree. I saw a very humble Conor in defeat.

Well you can look at like this.  Boxing fights are 12 rounds.  Connor is known to either gas or severely slow down once MMA fights hit the "championship rounds"  I don't think it would surprise anyone but the most loyal Connor fans that if the fight should get into the 8th or so round, Connor is basically out on his feet due to cardio and is ripe for the picking.    It's the small things.   It's called planting seeds of doubt in your opponent before the fight.  Will it work? Who knows, however Mayweather has more leverage in this aspect because this happens to be a straight boxing match.  Mayweather calling him a "quitter" doesn't just reference his tapping out, but also the fact that he has issues in fights that go the distance and now he has himself in a fight where the distance is a lot longer.

And as far as "humble Connor" goes.  Yes he was humble in his post-fight interview with Rogan in the octagon, but he quickly did a 180 on all of that after a few days to digest the loss.  Suddenly it became about how "huge" Nate Diaz was and how much of a disadvantage he was in for the fight.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

Go back and watch Diaz vs McGregor 1. You'll also see Connor get tired of gettting punched in the face, so he turns his back on Diaz, which leads to him getting submitted on the ground. It's actually funny. For someone who is known as a striker to just give up after getting a 1-2 combo to the face. That is what really irks McGregor when Floyd calls him a quitter. 

In the rematch, Connor did a whole lot better, but he still gassed out. Floyd is gonna take him in the deep waters and drown this clown. Floyd by TKO in 10 or sooner.

4 hours ago, ksun247 said:

In the rematch, Connor did a whole lot better, but he still gassed out. Floyd is gonna take him in the deep waters and drown this clown. Floyd by TKO in 10 or sooner.

Well there's also a difference of 3 minutes and 5 minutes in Boxing and MMA rounds, so that should help Conor somewhat, Plus the fact that boxing is less fatiguing than MMA. And then add, that likely he'll be in even better shape than both of the Diaz fights

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mayweather vs McGreggor tix went on sale today. 

I must say, they're not as expensive as I thought they'd be. The real fans can actually afford to see it live. The get in price is $500. Expensive, but not THAT expensive.