Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I don't care how well Jason Campbell feels, I want Todd Collins

NFLAnalyzer

Very simple...

If Campbell were to start in thes playoffs at any point just because hes healthy and we sit Collins and we lose because of it Gibbs would be fired. Bank it.

The hits just keep getting stupider and stupider.

Nobody is firing Gibbs. That has a 0% chance of happening.

Todd collins virtually restored what little bit of credibility Gibbs had left.

i recall last yr reading something about how saunders thought campbell didnt understand the system and it is taking longer. i said to myself " what a load of crap. I mean campbell isnt a retard. how could anybody not get the system down." Now looking back at it, it really does seem like campbell didnt know it. but more importantly, campbell doesnt seem to see the field well. his awareness isnt sharp and while all QB's fumble and throw INTs, campbell does it in crucial times, late in games especially when we have chances to win.

is collins a better athlete? of course not. is Collins a better QB? from what i've seen, easily yes.

I don't think it's a comprehension problem like you're thinking. I think he comprehends the scheme but it's hard for him to comprehend the concept of throwing to a spot on the field even whent he WR isn't there. TC is doing that and doing it extremely well. What got JC in the NFL was his strong arm, he's made a living off of it and that's all he knows. If you notice on the short screen passes/intermediate throws we have a lot of drops because JC has no touch at all. He's got one speed and one speed only, fast/hard. It'll take the WR's time to get used to catching those type of passes, not to mention the added difficulty of catching those types of balls in bad weather.

Saunders' offense is built around throwing to spots and JC hasn't fully developed that ability yet. I'm sure he will, IMO once he gets that down coupled with his strong arm he's going to be deadly.

That being said TC is the man for the job right now. He's trusting his WR's to be where they're supposed to be and he's putting the ball there allowing them to make a play on it. He's always looking for Moss and he should be. He throws to an area of the field where Moss and only moss can get to it. If he gets there its a catch if he doesn't no one else can get to it either. JC is our future and will be just fine, he just needs to learn trust his WR's to be where they need to be and put the ball there and quit relying on his arm strength to be the cure all. :2cents:

I'm kind of undecided on this issue. Memories of the 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers getting to the SB as the #6 seed have me believing that this team could make it all the way.

On the one hand, it would be great for JC to get some playoff experience, being that he is the QB of the future. On the other hand, with the NFC being as bad as it is, we definitely have a shot at taking this one to the house with the status quo.

I'll just support whatever decision JG makes.

i hate people who bring up the race issue... it has nothing to do with race... it's ALMOST 2008 and MOST people in America are well bred and are equal in intelligence... of course, you always have mark brunell ;)

You are the 1st person on this board I have heard bring up the race issue? I think people shouldn't bring it up :)

pffft to the lot of you. I am going to make sure all these threads get brought back up. You all are attributing something to Todd that is not really his doing.

pfffft. HA HA

anyway, you really dont know football and your post indicates that especially when it is omething that is right there in front of your face.

Did you actually see some of those passes yesterday (granted the long one to Moss was nice)?

what was wrong with them? i mean, not every single one were perfectly thrown but he threw lot of them where only our receivers could get them and they did. lets not even factor in the wet condition.

BTW he turned it over on a fumble.

like ive said in my previous post, All Qbs fumble and throw INts. but it is how a QB comes back and performs after their mistakes. One, todd isnt make alot and two, he performs well even after turnovers.

I thought he does not do that?

you mean to tell me that good qbs like brady and manning fumbles football and Todd dont? hell man, we got a beast of a QB

Yes of course he does when the line get pourous, any qb does.

you are a genius.

That is his 3rd in 4 games and he lost a couple more snaps. We just got them all back except the one yesterday.

u see the trend here? you seem to be caught up on todd's fumble and totally ignore everything else that makes him a better qb than JC. i mean easily better.

The point being is the TEAM is playing out of its head, TC is doing a great backup job.

nah really? i thought it was todd collins throwing, receving, kicking field goals....etc. team is playing well on offense, notice i said offense, because we all know, on offense, it all starts with the QB. ball is snapped to the QB from the center and he starts it all of. if that QB knows what he is doing, the entire offense not only looks better but will play better and this is what is going on with the redskin's offense right now. it isnt rocket science. not hard to comprehend.

However, I think everyone here is delusional if they do not think JC would have done just as good yesterday.

not delusional but being realistic. actually you are delusional because we've already seen waht campbell could and have done already this yr with the same group of offense that collins is working with.

Again, no knock on TC, he has been incredible as a BACKUP.

incredible? yes. you yourself should do some reality check. when was the last time you actually described cambpell as "incredible?" that right there should answer your question about who is better. should knock you out from your delusion.

It helps when receivers hang onto balls,

sure it helps when receivers hang on to the balls. but it also helps when a QB can see the field and find open receivers. it also helps when a QB has a qick release , can side step and step in. oh and more importantly, it actually helps when you understand the system.

the o-line opens up gaping holes for running game, and generally gives him a ton of time to throw.

listen carefully. our runnning game wasnt all that when campbell was in there because he really wasnt a threat. now that you have a QB that executes, and finds open reciever, it enables us to open up the running game because the opponents have to respect our passing game. hence our running game looks better and our O line looks better. you gotta keep in mind that these are the same o line campbell played with. there is no change. only think that changed was the QB. this is another reason why how big of a difference Qbs make.

Plus Springs, and other leaders on Defense have stepped it the heck up.

springs is doing well but again, you have to understand that we have had great defense all yr around. so that doesnt say much. listen, its simple math.

our defense have been playing great al lyr long. it's jsut that our offense was pathetic that we kept getting into close games and losing close games. once collins stepped in, our defense was still good but he made the offense better , hence we are winning convincingly. we arent getting in to those close games. we actually win games by kneeling instead of having to punt it and relying on our defense to win it for us because our o is incapable of winning it for us. our Defense is getting more rest and arent on the field majority of the time because our O is better now. we dont go 3 and out alot anymore. we convert more 3rd downs.

I do not attribute the last 4 games to Collins. He was a backup who did not screw up. Thank you for doing your job.

HA HA, this dude really is delusional. you would think this guy is blind from this last quote.

I really hope Gibbs doesn't make the biggest mistake of his coaching career and put in Jason Campbell when Todd Collins has been on a roll and more importantly not TURNING THE BALL OVER. So i don't think we should see JC the rest of this season and I really hope and pray that Gibbs wouldn't be foolish enough to sit TC at this point of the season because JC is feeling better. Anyone agree?

I totally agree. You have to go with who got you there and TC has the hot hand. Please Coach, keep Todd in for the rest of this ride, however long it is.:thumbsup: :2cents:

I don't know why we all keep arguing over this crap since it's not our decision anyway. If Joe Jackson Gibbs sees fit to start Campbell, then I fully support it. I have a feeling they will just keep Jason inactive, saying he's taking it slow getting back from injury, rather than embarrass him publicly by naming him the backup to Collins. I really wish we'd stop all this Collins vs. Campbell BS, we don't even know if Collins will be back 2008, so all this arguing over who should start next year is pointless.

The joke is that some people think that Jason's confidence will take a big hit if he isn't started as soon as he's cleared to play; but, imagine how hard a hit it would be if they put him in and he screws it up and ends the run.

Not to mention the fact it will start hundreds of "Trade JC," "Bench JC," threads in ES ...

I really hope Gibbs doesn't make the biggest mistake of his coaching career and put in Jason Campbell when Todd Collins has been on a roll and more importantly not TURNING THE BALL OVER. So i don't think we should see JC the rest of this season and I really hope and pray that Gibbs wouldn't be foolish enough to sit TC at this point of the season because JC is feeling better. Anyone agree?

He's turned it over 3 times in the same fashion that Campbell did moron! :wtf:

i hate people who bring up the race issue... it has nothing to do with race... it's ALMOST 2008 and MOST people in America are well bred and are equal in intelligence... of course, you always have mark brunell ;)

Who's brining up race besides you?

How can you bench a player who hasn't made one mistake the past 4 weeks? Gibbs will stick with TC in the playoffs, no question about it. JC will have his chance again next season. Hopefully this will give him more motivation to go out during the offseason and improve his game.

TC is doing great, but has made 3 fumbles, two of which resulted in turnovers, not saying he should be benched just pointing out JC is not the only one who has fumbled the ball.

For the record this postseason belongs to TC, if JC gets himself well again he can back up TC.

Collins should start next year as well.

Once again, the guy may not even be here next year. I hope he is, but to expect a 37 year old to hold up for an entire 16 game season is risking a lot (see Brunell). The older QBs inevitably hit a wall, but they can get you good stretches to get you on a run. Does anyone remember in 2005 that Brunell was completely incapable of throwing the ball down the field after the Dallas game? If Dallas turns those TC fumbles into touchdowns and win the game, you all would be ready to run him out of town. Favre is the exception to the rule, but please don't start comparing Collins to Favre. I love the way TC is playing and hope he takes us to the Super Bowl, but don't give up on the kid and compare him to a guy whose been in this offense for 7 YEARS.

Archived