Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I don't care how well Jason Campbell feels, I want Todd Collins

NFLAnalyzer

I really hope Gibbs doesn't make the biggest mistake of his coaching career and put in Jason Campbell when Todd Collins has been on a roll and more importantly not TURNING THE BALL OVER. So i don't think we should see JC the rest of this season and I really hope and pray that Gibbs wouldn't be foolish enough to sit TC at this point of the season because JC is feeling better. Anyone agree?

Todd collins virtually restored what little bit of credibility Gibbs had left.

i recall last yr reading something about how saunders thought campbell didnt understand the system and it is taking longer. i said to myself " what a load of crap. I mean campbell isnt a retard. how could anybody not get the system down." Now looking back at it, it really does seem like campbell didnt know it. but more importantly, campbell doesnt seem to see the field well. his awareness isnt sharp and while all QB's fumble and throw INTs, campbell does it in crucial times, late in games especially when we have chances to win.

is collins a better athlete? of course not. is Collins a better QB? from what i've seen, easily yes.

I heard an ESPN reported say today that if Campbell gets healthy by next week Gibbs will have a tough decision to make.

I agree. He will have a tough decision trying to explain to Jason Campbells fans why he is not going to let Jason into the game. Thats the only tough decision Joe Gibbs has...because Campbell will not be on the field before camp.

Sticking with Todd this season until the wheels come off is a no-brainer now.

The joke is that some people think that Jason's confidence will take a big hit if he isn't started as soon as he's cleared to play; but, imagine how hard a hit it would be if they put him in and he screws it up and ends the run.

I think JC will understand that he hasnt practiced in 4 weeks... and is just barely getting back on the field now...

its not a knock on him.... he might be healthy but he hasnt played a game in 4 weeks and then to throw him back on the field in the playoffs.... gimme a break.. I think JC is smarter than that.. he knows this is his team next year....

hopefully he takes notes and grows from this whole thing... the injury really could be a small blessing in disguise for JC and the skins future....

TC the rest of this season, open competition next year. No way Gibbs is going to put Jason in cold coming off an injury in the playoffs. But this fan base has to stop bashing JC and support him in his rehab. He has alot of talent and with the proper coaching he could be something this team hasn't seen in a long time...a franchise QB.

Sticking with Todd this season until the wheels come off is a no-brainer now.

The joke is that some people think that Jason's confidence will take a big hit if he isn't started as soon as he's cleared to play; but, imagine how hard a hit it would be if they put him in and he screws it up and ends the run.

fair point

Todd collins virtually restored what little bit of credibility Gibbs had left.

i recall last yr reading something about how saunders thought campbell didnt understand the system and it is taking longer. i said to myself " what a load of crap. I mean campbell isnt a retard. how could anybody not get the system down." Now looking back at it, it really does seem like campbell didnt know it. but more importantly, campbell doesnt seem to see the field well. his awareness isnt sharp and while all QB's fumble and throw INTs, campbell does it in crucial times, late in games especially when we have chances to win.

is collins a better athlete? of course not. is Collins a better QB? from what i've seen, easily yes.

Jason Campbell is clumsy and inaccurate and those are the two worst qualities you can have as a NFL QB

I believe it's important to keep Campbell's mind in this playoff run with the team!

It's not impossible for us to need Campbell if the situation presented itself...

The further we go through the playoffs,the more likely Campbell comes in if by some chance Collins got hurt...instead of that "other guy"...

It would be beyond ridiculously stupidly retarded to start anyone else besides Todd Collins!!!FACT!

It's like this team has a new identity!

pffft to the lot of you. I am going to make sure all these threads get brought back up. You all are attributing something to Todd that is not really his doing. Did you actually see some of those passes yesterday (granted the long one to Moss was nice)? BTW he turned it over on a fumble. I thought he does not do that? Yes of course he does when the line get pourous, any qb does. That is his 3rd in 4 games and he lost a couple more snaps. We just got them all back except the one yesterday.

The point being is the TEAM is playing out of its head, TC is doing a great backup job. However, I think everyone here is delusional if they do not think JC would have done just as good yesterday. Again, no knock on TC, he has been incredible as a BACKUP. It helps when receivers hang onto balls, the o-line opens up gaping holes for running game, and generally gives him a ton of time to throw. Plus Springs, and other leaders on Defense have stepped it the heck up.

I do not attribute the last 4 games to Collins. He was a backup who did not screw up. Thank you for doing your job.

Archived