Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tonights' Simulcast

C26 Run

Tonights' Simulcast is further proof of how weak the NFL network is. It's absolutely ridiculous that 2 major networks are broadcasting the same regular season game. If this was the Super Bowl then fine but it's not. The NFL network ridiculousness is the same as the Big Ten Network. The sad truth is no other team gets this kind of attention. The NFL network shouldn't even be a network. Most people don't even have the network, just like the Big Ten. The NFL network is a joke. :helmet:

I disagree.

The NFL Network is "Awsome BABY

You must be one of those guys who works for the cable co. and wont include the network in your base packeage.

And your totally wrong on why its being Simulcast

If it wasnt for the NFL Network and if this was normal Sunday game you wouldnt see it.

But ofcourse you didnt think about that

I like the NFL Network, I just don't think they have a very good team in Gumble/Collinsworth.

There are a great deal of people who could call the game a helluva lot better than Kermit, like the real Kermit the frog.

Personally, I never liked that Cable networks got NFL games that weren't simulcast on regular tv ala ESPN's MNF and NFLN games, but the concept of the NFLN is great and their draft coverage was pretty damn good IMO.

The NFL Network is great as long as they stay away from programming new stuff and just show old stuff. When they're showing NFL All Access 20 million times during the course of the day, it sucks royally. When they show old NFL Films or games, it's second to none.

I think it's a sound concept, they're just still having problems with some of the content right now.

I do know that the world is a better place with the NFL Network in it warts and all. :)

The NFL network in and of itself is a good idea because there's plenty of demand for it. Putting games on it before the channel has reached the majority of households is a ridiculous ploy to try and force the hands of the cable companies. The consumer should not be caught in the middle of this. The two sides should have worked something out before trying to put on live games.

The NFL Network is great as long as they stay away from programming new stuff and just show old stuff. When they're showing NFL All Access 20 million times during the course of the day, it sucks royally. When they show old NFL Films or games, it's second to none.

I think it's a sound concept, they're just still having problems with some of the content right now.

I do know that the world is a better place with the NFL Network in it warts and all. :)

Yeah , when I had NFL Network with Dish back in the day I'd watch NFL Replay of past games in the offseason...but when I moved to an apartment with Comcast I didn't miss NFL Network at all. They do have good stuff such as America's Game and NFL Replay but I dont' watch Total Access at all. I just feel that critical games should be shown to more than 40% of the country...

Yeah , when I had NFL Network with Dish back in the day I'd watch NFL Replay of past games in the offseason...but when I moved to an apartment with Comcast I didn't miss NFL Network at all. They do have good stuff such as America's Game and NFL Replay but I dont' watch Total Access at all. I just feel that critical games should be shown to more than 40% of the country...

True. But when they do stuff that you don't see anywhere else, like the combine coverage I would miss it.

I do think that the cable companies are as much at fault as the NFL for only 40 percent of the country having the network, and I do feel that they have responded to the country's desire to see potential history tonight by having the game on two networks so everyone who wants to will be able to watch the game.

Not sure how the NFL is the bad guy here. Comcast is charging me to get the NFL Network, the NFL wants me to have it for free with the rest of my cable package.

And your totally wrong on why its being Simulcast

If it wasnt for the NFL Network and if this was normal Sunday game you wouldnt see it.

But ofcourse you didnt think about that

This is a Saturday night game. Of course it would be a nationally televised game. We are talking about a Saturday night game. There are alot of ifs in your sentence. The simulcast is on basic television not cable. :helmet:

This discussion is turning into a NFL vs. Cable Companies argument and that wasn't the intention. I could care less about the cable companies. I'm just saying that, what is the point of having the game on the network, when you have CBS and NBC showing the same game? CBS and NBC are not cable networks. Their basic TV. It's a Saturday night game there is no reason to worry about ratings. Why would the NFL feel the need to do a simulcast with 2 major networks on basic TV? CBS and NBC are doing a ratings battle over a regular season game. Are you kidding me? If you want to do a switch to a network, that's fine, but why would you switch to two networks? :helmet:

The NFL network in and of itself is a good idea because there's plenty of demand for it. Putting games on it before the channel has reached the majority of households is a ridiculous ploy to try and force the hands of the cable companies. The consumer should not be caught in the middle of this. The two sides should have worked something out before trying to put on live games.

That's exactly the point. I don't have a particular problem with the NFL network, contrary to popular thought. I'm just saying that it's ridiculous to have the same game on three different networks. :helmet:

The NFL Network IS great. Additionally, the NFL is a private enterprise. True, they get some tax incentives since they are in the business of needing stadiums which require roads and infrastructure, but then, so do many major corporations. The cable companies ALSO get municipal deals and tax incentives as part of THEIR business.

I just wish that Congress would stop interfering in a matter that they have NO business interfering in! The fact is that the people who don't have the NFL Network are just bad consumers!

There is NO Constitutional guarantee that American citizens shall be guaranteed access to football games (or free healthcare, for that matter .. but that's ANOTHER discussion)! If these cable customers are in such need of getting the NFL Network, then THEY should be melting their cable operator's phone lines. The cable company believes they are speaking on your behalf when they say that YOU don't want the NFL Network as part of your basic package. Instead, you WANT five shopping channels and they are SO "certain" of this that they are charging you for the PRIVILEGE of getting those five shopping channels as part of your basic tier!

ANYONE who wants the NFL Netowrk could solve their problem in a couple of hours. It involves four simple steps:

(1) Call your cable company and fire them. Tell them WHY you are firing them.

(2) Go to Worst Buy or Schlokit City and buy a DirecTV receiver and dish. Buy 50 feet of RG-6 cable.

(3) Drive home, plug in the receiver, attach it to your set, attach one end of the RG-6 to the receiver and throw the other end out the nearest window. Plant the dish in the ground, attach the cable, and aim the dish.

(4) Go inside, grab a beer or beverage of your choice, ssit on your fat arse, and watch the game.

Tonights' Simulcast is further proof of how weak the NFL network is. It's absolutely ridiculous that 2 major networks are broadcasting the same regular season game. If this was the Super Bowl then fine but it's not. The NFL network ridiculousness is the same as the Big Ten Network. The sad truth is no other team gets this kind of attention. The NFL network shouldn't even be a network. Most people don't even have the network, just like the Big Ten. The NFL network is a joke. :helmet:

I got $50 that says this guy is one of those crybabies that has some corny cable and not Directv. You want a tissue, man?

Your forgetting C26 that it's because of the NFL Network that the game is on Saturday night.

My didnt have post didnt have holes in it.

We havent had any Saturday games this year.

It is the Cable Co.'s fault the NFL Network isnt provided to customers as a base package.

The NFL has asked for that ever scince its conception.

It's the cable Co.'s who wont do it only because they want to ride the NFL cash cow and put more of our money in their pockets.

It's that plain and simple.

What you are talking it is clear you do not understand how TV works. This is a free preview to all the fans that DO NOT HAVE the nfl channel because of their cable network. Name me one other sport that can have their game on simulcast DURING primetime, the answer is 0. Do you think CBS or NBC cared about their lineups that night lolol.

I loved what the NFL did with how they approached it. The pretty much told everyone your cable company is stupid. The commercial about why a woman has 4 seperate channels is classic.

The NFL rules all and they showed yet again last night.

Don't make yourself sound silly. I do have DirectTV. Don't come @me with such nonsense. :helmet:

Then why do you care if its broadcast on 3 channels? It was a historic game, man. Its been 35 YEARS since another team won every regular season game. Goodell did the right thing by making sure every NFL fan got to witness it. I don't see the logic as to why it shouldn't have been on 3 networks.

I love the NFL network, they just need to not have exclusive rights to certain games, games should stay on the networks and ESPN

Then why do you care if its broadcast on 3 channels? It was a historic game, man. Its been 35 YEARS since another team won every regular season game. Goodell did the right thing by making sure every NFL fan got to witness it. I don't see the logic as to why it shouldn't have been on 3 networks.

3 Networks? If the NFL wanted to simulcast with just NBC that's fine. If the NFL wanted to simulcast with just CBS that's fine. But by putting the game on both those public basic channels @the same time, your not really sticking it to the Cable companies.:helmet:

What you are talking it is clear you do not understand how TV works. This is a free preview to all the fans that DO NOT HAVE the nfl channel because of their cable network. Name me one other sport that can have their game on simulcast DURING primetime, the answer is 0. Do you think CBS or NBC cared about their lineups that night lolol.

I loved what the NFL did with how they approached it. The pretty much told everyone your cable company is stupid. The commercial about why a woman has 4 seperate channels is classic.

The NFL rules all and they showed yet again last night.

Fans get a free preview every Sunday, so what are you talking about. What's the difference? Other than listening the Gumble, bumble up another game. No other sport would do that because they don't need to. No other sport is in a battle with the cable company but the NFL. :helmet:

Archived