Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My apologies to Todd Collins

E-Dog Night

I was recently looking up an thread about the last training camp session earlier this summer (http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205813) when I noticed that I had some pretty harsh words for the Redskins' current starting QB:

Todd Collins throws what I would describe as a feathery ball. He has the pocket presence of a utility pole. He straight up stinks.

- - -

Like I said, Todd Collins is just not an NFL quarterback. I don't know how to put it more plainly. I seriously doubt that in a real game he could complete any pass deeper or more complicated than a dump-off, 4 yard in-route to a RB.

I'd just like to apologize to Mr. Collins, and I'm very pleased to have been so wrong. Just goes to show that, despite 30 years of fandom, pouring over every aspect of Redskins football, I still just don't know that much about what it takes to play in the NFL. I guess I can take some small solace in the fact that there are professional NFL men who get paid very well to make personnel decisions, and they're often as wrong as I am.

So anyway, sorry Todd. Please keep making me eat my words. :)

I was recently looking up an thread about the last training camp session earlier this summer (http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205813) when I noticed that I had some pretty harsh words for the Redskins' current starting QB:

I'd just like to apologize to Mr. Collins, and I'm very pleased to have been so wrong. Just goes to show that, despite 30 years of fandom, pouring over every aspect of Redskins football, I still just don't know that much about what it takes to play in the NFL. I guess I can can some small solace in the fact that there are professional NFL men who get paid very well to make personnel decisions, and they're often as wrong as I am.

So anyway, sorry Todd. Please keep making me eat my words. :)

lol dont feel bad. i didnt expect him to do this good either.

Collins had a fairly well preseason. He won the back up job, and he waited his turn and silently prepared for his chance which was he's been able to do what he's been able to do for the past three games.

There's nothing wrong with being wrong. As long as you admit that you're wrong, then you'll always be right.

Holy crap!!! Someone actually admitted they were wrong on this site? I hope this doesn't cause permanent damage to the servers! :laugh:

j/k

Way to man up, E-Dog. I wouldn't have expected Collins to perform like this. Here's to watching him continue to prove us BOTH wrong.

:cheers:

I guess I can take some small solace in the fact that there are professional NFL men who get paid very well to make personnel decisions, and they're often as wrong as I am.

I wonder if there was anyone on the Skins staff other than Al Saunders who thought the guy could play as he has. Vermiel said he made calls around the league trying to find Todd a job and had no takers.

The real question is why we brought in Brunell. We could have been using Collins for real and Jason Campbell would most likely be much more progressed from witness someone who actually knew how to run the offense. You knew in preseason the guy was money.. Brandon Lloyd had a touchdown pass.

Great to admit you were wrong about him, but moreover can you imagine TC will keep on playing well ? I can, and I really do hope so for this team, but what a slap in the face to the people who made him a benchwarmer for such a long time.

Anyway I'm really happy he delivers, even though he played in only 2 1/2 games.

Hail

The real question is why we brought in Brunell. We could have been using Collins for real and Jason Campbell would most likely be much more progressed from witness someone who actually knew how to run the offense.

It's all about timing. Everybody on the offense knows the system now. If Todd would have been starting last year, with limited on-field experience, he probably would have struggled along with everybody else. He knew the system, but everybody else did not. Who's to say it wouldn't have been worse? There's no way to know.

I echo the thoughts of Joe Gibbs, that we're lucky enough to have two veteran QB's to lean on when needs be.

BTW ~ E-Dog. This place is eat up with chest thumpers who feel compelled to share their "See, I told you so" moments, however seldom they occur. But rarely do any of them start threads admitting when they're wrong.

You do not fall into that category. Kudos, my friend. :applause:

I wish more people were like you in admitting they were wrong. I can think of a certain other poster who needs to join you in this apologie. All he did was bash Collins and talk about how terrible he was in thread after thread after thread. I won't mention any names, but he knows who he is.

How long will it take for people to say there were wrong about Gibbs? Too long if you ask me.

Archived