Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My apologies to Todd Collins

E-Dog Night

E,

I think there were many (if not all of us) who generally agreed with your assessment. The one time I saw him play--in New England--in Preseason 2006, he was awful. He had no poise, arm strength or pocket presence. That he's been able to do what he's done in light of a fractured offensive line and underperforming receivers is pretty amazing.

If you're admitting fault on this score, really just about every Redskin fan should as well.

E,

I think there were many (if not all of us) who generally agreed with your assessment. The one time I saw him play--in New England--in Preseason 2006, he was awful. He had no poise, arm strength or pocket presence. That he's been able to do what he's done in light of a fractured offensive line and underperforming receivers is pretty amazing.

If you're admitting fault on this score, really just about every Redskin fan should as well.

I've always pulled for Collins. While he didn't look great in 06 to me, he looked better than anyone else (including Campbell) in preseason 2007 and I was glad he moved up to number 2. I trust that the coaches know more than I do about who should and shouldn't start. When Bramlet and Plamer were let go many on here threw a fit saying that we should drop Collins instead. :doh:

Archived