Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll:How many playoff games should Collins have to win to be named 2008 starting QB?

Riggo-toni

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

TC gives us a better chance to win now, healthy Campbell or not. Until TC shows that he no longer gives us the best chance to win he should play.Time will tell if that's just the rest of this season, next season too, or a couple of seasons.

You play to win, and play whomever gives you the best chance to do so. Pretty simple stuff.

Then how come TC is playing so well when he has never started under a Saunders offense prior to this year and has LESS NFL starting experience than JC? So according to your logic, TC is far better than JC and will only get better.

Gotcha.

Bench Campbell for ten years, and then he'll be money.

Right?

A 36-year-old's body is only going to get healthier.

Right?

Manning should've spent ten years on the bench, and then when he had his first start THIS year, he'd be even better.

Right?

Gotcha.

Right?

Right?

Manning should've spent ten years on the bench, and then when he had his first start THIS year, he'd be even better.

Right?

First, this is Collins' seventh year in Saunders' offense.

Second, how do you know how long it took him to gt ready? He wasn't given a chance.

Sit JC for another year or two then put him back in, unless TC gets hurt.

Manning on teh bench for 10 years would have a far better first year than he had his rookie year playing. JC is not Manning. Well he might be Eli.

I wonder what you you folks will be saying bout the QB position if we lose to Dallas and don't make the playoffs???Lets get into the playoffs first before starting any talk about the Superbowl or playoff wins!!Sheesh!!!Oh and p.s. Campbell is our QB of the future and he will be starting (barring some unusual circumstance)in 08.These same folks screaming for JC's head are probably the same fools that said they'd have patience in Campbell's growth as our franchise QB,people on this board are a bunch of flip floppers,check JC's stats compared to other QB's in the league that have more NFL experience than him.Damn people let the kid learn and grow,and he'll need to do that by playing..

Bottom line I am right behind whoever plays QB for the Redskins.

And for the next game that will be TC. IF we win Sunday Jason MIGHT be healthy enough to play in the wildcard game but I doubt it - and if there is any doubt you dont risk anything with a QB who may be your future.

For next year I dont think there is a decision to make. TC is 37 year old with a questionable arm and zero mobility but a great understanding of the system. At best you might get 2 years out of him - more likley he would not last a full season just from a health standpoint.

You have to go with the young guy who has shown development this year, has a big time arm, good mobility and has a ton more upside. Dont forget he will have another offseason to process what he and the staff learned this year and come back even better next year.

I'm pulling for TC and hoping we can ride his train into the playoffs but I also think we have one of the best 3 or 4 young QBs in the NFL and I would not want to hold back his development for one year of a 37 year old who has played well in 2 out of 3 games he has started.

I wonder what you you folks will be saying bout the QB position if we lose to Dallas and don't make the playoffs???Lets get into the playoffs first before starting any talk about the Superbowl or playoff wins!!Sheesh!!!Oh and p.s. Campbell is our QB of the future and he will be starting (barring some unusual circumstance)in 08.These same folks screaming for JC's head are probably the same fools that said they'd have patience in Campbell's growth as our franchise QB,people on this board are a bunch of flip floppers,check JC's stats compared to other QB's in the league that have more NFL experience than him.Damn people let the kid learn and grow,and he'll need to do that by playing..

Compare his stats to TC's. JC has more NFL starts. Why can't JC learn in practice? Is he not as good as TC?

As far as "franchise QB" that is not even a close description of JC based on play thus far.

Sooo, your strategy is to go after 36-year-old quarterbacks every single time we need a new one? Never develop? You'd rather have that C student than a future A student? Since when has Gibbs tried to prove his drafting skills, ever?

You're also comparing a guy who's been in the same offense for TEN YEARS to a guy who's been in it for under TWO. Of COURSE he's going to be better right now. You put an idiot in college for a decade with the same courses each year and he'll perform better than a kid with a 3.86 coming out of high school in the same classes.

You people just don't think at all. Do you think that we're EVER going to get an all-star quarterback with your "pick-up-a-veteran" mentality? We'll never get a Brady, we'll never get a Manning, we'll never get a Montana, we'll never get SQUAT. Why? Because why the eff would the Colts, Pats, or 49ers ever let a quarterback like that go? You're the fan who argues that fines like me are content with mediocrity, but that's actually the center of your entire mentality.

Think, man. Think!

Here's where your arguments fall short and show you are clearly not thinking with your head.

1. You have no proof JC is a "future A student" and by that I'm assuming a franchise QB. He has yet to win a game in the fourth quarter and has in fact cost us a few games with his fourth quarter play.

2. You admit Collins is better right now then JC, so common sense would tell us in professional football you play the best player when the playoffs are on the line, you also play the best players in the playoffs.

3. When has JC ever once looked like half a Manning, Brady, or Montana? He has never shown any glimpse of being that good. All three you listed clearly had moments that made the organization and fans KNOW they had a great QB, when was Campbells?

Campbell maybe the QB of the future but for the present Collins gives us the best chance to win. If next off season Gibbs and Co. feel Campbell is better then I'll be all for JC but you can't watch Collins play, right now, and even begin to put JC on his level in this offense.

Compare his stats to TC's. JC has more NFL starts. Why can't JC learn in practice? Is he not as good as TC?

As far as "franchise QB" that is not even a close description of JC based on play thus far.

if todd collins was any good he would have started before he was 36 years old

todd collins is looking very good in our system

but dude hes 36 years old hes got one more year left at best

infact he talked about retiring last year, but redskins gave him a pretty decent contract.

hes most likely to come back as our QB coach.

seriously how hard is it to understand? u want a 36 year old starter on aa team thats still rebuilding?

Gotcha.

Right?

Right?

Right?

I think SoCal was just refuting the folks who are saying Campbell doesn't have as much experience as Collins in Saunders offense with some stats showing that TC has actually started less career games then JC and no games started in Saunders offense (prior to a couple of weeks ago). That's all.

JC has had almost 2 full seasons in Saunders offense and should be well versed in it by now. I don't think his problem is lack of knowledge of the system. It's silly mistakes like not protecting the ball and forcing throws, coupled with dodgy accuracy. He's obviously got the physical skills and has shown flashes and that gives us fans hope that he will realize his full potential. He just needs to continue to work on eliminating the mistakes that result in a couple of turnovers a game, and work on his "short game" accuracy. If he can, our long term future looks bright. If he can't only our short term future does.

if todd collins was any good he would have started before he was 36 years old

todd collins is looking very good in our system

but dude hes 36 years old hes got one more year left at best

infact he talked about retiring last year, but redskins gave him a pretty decent contract.

hes most likely to come back as our QB coach.

seriously how hard is it to understand? u want a 36 year old starter on aa team thats still rebuilding?

A team that can win and get into the playoffs is not rebuilding.

A team in Joe Gibbs 4th year back is not rebuilding.

Rich Ganon was excellent when he was 36-38 years old.

Once you get put in early in your career as starting QB and it doesn't go well, almost no team is going to take a chance on you. TC has had the misfortune of playing behind QB's that stayed healthy, so he never got a shot until this year.

If Bledsoe hadn't been hurt, Brady would have rode the bench for another few years and may have ended up not ever starting. QB is a weird position. Look at Kurt Warner. You could have said if he was any good he wouldn't have played Arena ball. Opportunities are few and far between and getting lucky to get a chance to play is sometimes a part of it.

TC gives us a better chance to win now, healthy Campbell or not. Until TC shows that he no longer gives us the best chance to win he should play.Time will tell if that's just the rest of this season, next season too, or a couple of seasons.

You play to win, and play whomever gives you the best chance to do so. Pretty simple stuff.

Exactly. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I have no blind devotion to either one. If Collins goes far in the postseason, he's proven to be the best option now, and Campbell can sit and learn until he's the best option to win.

A team that can win and get into the playoffs is not rebuilding.

A team in Joe Gibbs 4th year back is not rebuilding.

Rich Ganon was excellent when he was 36-38 years old.

Once you get put in early in your career as starting QB and it doesn't go well, almost no team is going to take a chance on you. TC has had the misfortune of playing behind QB's that stayed healthy, so he never got a shot until this year.

If Bledsoe hadn't been hurt, Brady would have rode the bench for another few years and may have ended up not ever starting. QB is a weird position. Look at Kurt Warner. You could have said if he was any good he wouldn't have played Arena ball. Opportunities are few and far between and getting lucky to get a chance to play is sometimes a part of it.

if we make the superbowl sure let collins start

but a 2nd round knockout doesnt do it for me

and to be honest this team is no where near a superbowl

Guest ComebackKing

I'm gonna wait and see and tell you in 2 or 3 months from now who SHOULD be the starter in 2008. I like to worry about 2008 when 2008 comes around in good time. At the moment I'd like to enjoy a possible playoff push.

This is where I have to interject, if you dont mind.

1. You have no proof JC is a "future A student" and by that I'm assuming a franchise QB. He has yet to win a game in the fourth quarter and has in fact cost us a few games with his fourth quarter play.

This bothers me alot. While I know JC has alot of improvment and learning to do, he has not cost us one game ever. He has never been the sole reason for a loss. If you can come up with one, nonrefutable instance, I will withdraw this statment.

2. You admit Collins is better right now then JC, so common sense would tell us in professional football you play the best player when the playoffs are on the line, you also play the best players in the playoffs.

I agree with you here. Even though I think JC will be the better QB... he clearly is not right now. He has much better physical tools than TC could ever hope, or hoped for. Once he gats a grasp for this system,JC will be money...

But throwing JC to the wolves during the playoffs would regress him. I dont care if we win or lose. I want to do what is best for JC and this team. He should rest the remainder of the year, and only be broiught in if TC gets hurt, or the game is out of reach.

3. When has JC ever once looked like half a Manning, Brady, or Montana? He has never shown any glimpse of being that good. All three you listed clearly had moments that made the organization and fans KNOW they had a great QB, when was Campbells?

Detroit game. COme from behind drive to almost beat Dallas. Kept us alive during our Greenbay debacle. Has kept us in many a game with his feet and instincts. Needs to learn. That is all.

Campbell maybe the QB of the future but for the present Collins gives us the best chance to win. If next off season Gibbs and Co. feel Campbell is better then I'll be all for JC but you can't watch Collins play, right now, and even begin to put JC on his level in this offense.

Again. Only mentally. JC far outshines TC in all aspects of physicality. Lets just wait until TC gets drilled during this run. You will see what I mean. Guy gets rattled. Recall preseason game vs. Bengals in 2006. That is regular TC... unless he has improved a BUNCH. I am not convinced yet. He has wins from a team that had no film on him, a game in a twister (His numbers were great there werent they?) and against the worst pass defense in the NFL. Stop blowing this guy up. He is not that good.

This is where I have to interject, if you dont mind.

This bothers me alot. While I know JC has alot of improvment and learning to do, he has not cost us one game ever. He has never been the sole reason for a loss. If you can come up with one, nonrefutable instance, I will withdraw this statment.

Tampa, Giants, Dallas, Bills and possibly Green Bay. He converts a few 3rd downs, we don't go 3 and out. He audibles to call his own number instead of putting it in someone else's hands, we win. TC would have won at least 3 of those games had he been starting.

I wonder what you you folks will be saying bout the QB position if we lose to Dallas and don't make the playoffs???Lets get into the playoffs first before starting any talk about the Superbowl or playoff wins!!Sheesh!!!

In that case I'll be saying what I've been saying for quite a while... This team needs to find AT LEAST one NFL caliber QB to put on its roster in this offseason. We don't currently have one, so far as I'm concerned.

Oh and p.s. Campbell is our QB of the future and he will be starting (barring some unusual circumstance)in 08.These same folks screaming for JC's head are probably the same fools that said they'd have patience in Campbell's growth as our franchise QB...

If that is so, and I agree it probably is, then we'll be LOSING again, just like we were doing in the first part of this season. I never gave Campbell any slack, just enough rope to (proverbially) hang himself with. He's tied the knot quite beautifully so far as I'm concerned.

Todd Collins is a good backup and thats all, if he is named the starting QB next season prepare for a losing season...we have a better chance with the kid regardless of his mistakes, those things he can stop. I don't want a 37 year old backup as my starter! Jason Campbell is the future whether you like it or not.

Todd Collins is a good backup and thats all, if he is named the starting QB next season prepare for a losing season...we have a better chance with the kid regardless of his mistakes, those things he can stop. I don't want a 37 year old backup as my starter! Jason Campbell is the future whether you like it or not.

Thank you Nostradamus. Campbell has only had losing records for us. Yet according to your psychic premonitions, he is superior to a 100+ qb rating player whose put up those numbers in must win games.

Campbell is the franchise ... Only reason he sits this year is because I don't think he comes back 100% healthy anytime this season and Collins is riding high right now. Stick with Collins, but after this season is over, back to normal -Campbell is your quarterback.

More then likely, and Im fine with that. However, next season for Campbell is like this season for ShEli Manning. Its a season with which to make long term projections.

Tampa, Giants, Dallas, Bills and possibly Green Bay. He converts a few 3rd downs, we don't go 3 and out. He audibles to call his own number instead of putting it in someone else's hands, we win. TC would have won at least 3 of those games had he been starting.

Lets see...

Tampa Bay.

Campbells first pass is completed and Fumbled my Moss. Tampa scores off of the tunrover.

Next drives Campbell has one incompletion. Portis fumbles on the next play. Tampa turns it into 3 points.

After a coule of dead drives by both teams, Campbell gets blindsided and fumbles. Tampa turns that into 3 more points.

Next drive, Portis fumbles again. Tampa turns it into ANOTHER 3 points.

Finally, starting at 10:13 in the second quarter, CAMPBELL leads us on a long drive. We get 3 points out of the deal.

Defense cant stop a backup QB and RB and Tampa gets another 3 points.

First drive out of halftime, Campbell leads us down the field to a TD. Yeah baby!

(I will continue this later, but I think you may see where I am going...)

Archived