Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TC or JC in the Playoffs?(merged)

WizSkinsO's

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Todd Collins QB rating through 3 games ---- 107.00

Todd is the reason we are winning these games.

Thank you.

If we put JC back in, I'm gonna scream.

Collins is clearly the difference between all the losses we've had and the last three wins. Jason was killing our teams chances at winning.

Leave Collins in there.

Simple........Brunell needs to start. :D

It is somewhat scary to contemplate, as McPimpin suggested, what happens if TC leads us on a deep playoff run. Would Jason be our unquestioned starter heading into camp? I doubt it.

:kungfu: You said the "b" word:kungfu:

TC is getting it done...and they should ride him until JC is healthy.

JC with no question. You don't mess with you young QB's head and you give him the playoff experience.

TC is a one night stand. He's not going to be here for you next year, you have you look down the road and give Jason his team back.

This is a catch 22, if you put JC in and he chokes in the playoff game he will then have to deal with Redskins fans wondering if he is a mistake.

Since JC is the future, and we did lose a playoff game, I would rather see Jason as the guy we should have put in, instead of the guy we should have sat.

Several of the offensive team leaders have indicated that they want Todd at QB right now. Clinton said in an interview last night on the field with Kelly Johnson that Todd is their leader right now. He said that Todd gets rid of the ball faster than Jason and that Jason is still learning the position but will get better. The coaching staff would lose the team if they benched Todd. That wont happen.

JC is the future.

TC is now.

Simple as that.

Who knows if it's better protection, better WR play, quicker release, yada yada. But if it ain't broke, you don't try and fix it. Right now the offense is clicking, so stick with TC.

Also, we need JC for the long haul, next 5+ years hopefully. I'd hate to risk serious injury to that knee by bringing him back even 5 minutes too soon.

Collins or bust.

I hate to tell everyone, but the Redskins offense does not depend on a strong armed QB. Nor does it require a nimble footed QB. It does depend on an accurate arm and the ability to go through progressions. Long time consuming drives that produce points is what Joe Gibbs football is all about. The fact that Joe Gibbs stuck with an injured Mark Brunell over a healthy Patrick Ramsay says it all. If the Redskins make the playoffs, I won't even expect JC to be active. As for next year, I expect JC to work his butt off during the off season to further improve his decision making skills and to understand the intricacies of Al Saunders offense. I would not be surprised to see an open battle for the QB position.

Archived