Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TC or JC in the Playoffs?(merged)

WizSkinsO's

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Could the Jason Campbell / Todd Collins situation be the same as Drew Bledsoe / Tom Brady, Drew Bledsoe / Tony Romo sits to pee, you name it? Look, T.C. knows the offense, he's not overthrowing players, and I think J.C. can watch him run the offense live.

I just think it would be foolish to put that resource back on the bench for another decade.

If Collins gets us there, then obviously him; but can we please stop with these threads?

I mean, geez...JC is still a young QB, and TC is not. Everyone on here needs to realize that and leave Jason alone. JC is doing great for someone with his experience; JC has a better arm than TC, it's just that TC has quicker decision making. What we're seeing with TC will be even better once JC learns to speed up his decision making.

0 picks. 0 fumbles. I'd say... YES.
:laugh: 32% completion percentage....8 completions out of 25.

yea, I see why.

How many of this fan base has short term memory?

They forget how JC played against the eagles and cowboys. Forget how bad our defense played, but how he had that 1 pick and/or fumble.

Why is it that everyone in the NFL considers JC to be a great QB? While, only us, think he is horrible and will never be a solid guy. Aren't we way too critical on our QBs?

As an avid Campbell supporter, I'm honestly not sure what the team should do here. I don't think I would argue with either decision but I think I would probably stick with TC if it came down to it. Would be nice to get JC some playoff experience but it would be wrong to take TC out at this point, especially given how well he is playing. He probably gives us a better chance to win at this point. The coaches certainly call a more intelligent game with him in there, and the bad coaching with JC has been what cost us many games.

:laugh: 32% completion percentage....8 completions out of 25.

yea, I see why.

How many of this fan base has short term memory?

They forget how JC played against the eagles and cowboys. Forget how bad our defense played, but how he had that 1 pick and/or fumble.

Why is it that everyone in the NFL considers JC to be a great QB? While, only us, think he is horrible and will never be a solid guy. Aren't we way too critical on our QBs?

First of all, you're a fool for ignoring the conditions at the Giants game.

Second, you're missing the overall point. I agree Campbell has the greater capacity to make big plays (bigger arm, more mobility), but he also has demonstrated a greater propensity to make big mistakes. That's not a slam against him - he'll work it out. But at playoff times, you want to avoid making turnovers because your opponents know how to make you pay for them . . . or did you miss the vivid example that Tarvaris Jackson provided for you last night?

Huge Campbell fan being an Auburn grad, and Collins has played well too. But realistcally, I don't think Campbell will be healthy till the NFC Championship game, if that. He still can't run, and they said the tissue behind the knee cap was strectched. Susie Kolber said this and also that he's been throwing short passes, but can't move.

So, that's a huge difference from being able to actually put pressure on the knee/leg, take drops, run around, etc. I think he won't be 100% for awhile, and they won't want to injure him further.

Sports is all about chemistry and trends.

If the Redskins continue to win football games in 2007 Collins will continue to be the quarterback, you don't change horses in mid-stream.

I expect Collins to come back next year as the backup to Campbell, but for right now in this run at this time, there is no way Gibbs and Co change quarterbacks.

Guest sith lord
JC with no question. You don't mess with you young QB's head and you give him the playoff experience.

TC is a one night stand. He's not going to be here for you next year, you have you look down the road and give Jason his team back.

JC, is that you? Of course you stay with TC.

Collins has to stay in for us to have a chance cause Campbell doesnt know the system and is still under the learning curve. Collins knows the system inside and out. With Campbell in then Al Saunders has to pick and choose his plays for Campbell, with Collins, he can open it up the full way like the offense is supposed to be. Now we r starting to see Al Saunders real scheme unfolding, keep it up guys, :) And Greg Williams is showing what kind of defensive mind he is as well. All around were playing team ball.

I think the reins are given back to JC. Nice thread. Very debateable subject. I love what TC has been able to do and I love having him on this team, but I'd be lying if I said I didnt get nervous damn near every time he throws the ball across the field. Jason Campbell has such a stronger arm (which I understand doesn't translate into a better QB) it just makes me feel more comfortable when the ball is mid-flight.

Just my :2cents:

:cheers:

Don't mean to jinx us--just a hypothetical. IF we beat Dallas next week and JC continue to progress and is ready to play in the playoffs (would we play Seattle or Tampa' date=' btw?), do you stay with TC, go back to JC's powerful arm, or have them split snaps/ have JC take the third-and-longs or something?

My guess is TC is the QB from now on but does anyone think it's possible JC will be named starter if healthy? They didn't avoid putting him on IR not to play him...or did they?[/quote']

I say ride the wave and roll with TC. Then if he falters or plays like crap then put JC in...

:dallasuck

Sorry bout the signs fellas, I couldn't resist. I been good all year so I deserve this one.

Campbell is clearly the starter and I'm not jumping on the "hot" bandwagon. Collins has been in this offense for 8 or 9 years now and he is only doing what he SHOULD be doing! Nothing more, nothing less. Saunders and Gibbs have also changed the play-calling around Collins where they left poor Jason the scraps. I totally support Campbell if he is able to come back only if they make the post season.

Several of the offensive team leaders have indicated that they want Todd at QB right now. Clinton said in an interview last night on the field with Kelly Johnson that Todd is their leader right now. He said that Todd gets rid of the ball faster than Jason and that Jason is still learning the position but will get better. The coaching staff would lose the team if they benched Todd. That wont happen.

Could not have said it any better. I mention something similar in a thread las night that replacing TC with JC would destroy the locker room. Also, as mentioned before, the LINE IS PLAYING BETTER, BECAUSE OF TC. Its playing better, because TC is getting rid of the ball faster. Any line will look horrible when you sit back in the pocket taking to long to process the defense.

-Grant

I'm sorry. This is not an issue. Collins is the QB for the remainder of this season as far as it goes. Next year, the job is up for grabs between the two. JC needs to step it up and show that he's truly the man to win games. He's got the physical tools. He needs to show he's got the mental tools as well.

Archived