Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TC or JC in the Playoffs?(merged)

WizSkinsO's

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

It has to be the Bear Killer. How do you take this guy out of the lineup? It's Campbell's team but he was leading us to 5-11, there is no other way to put it. Collins took over a 5-7 team that was reeling and he beat in succession, the defending NFC champion, the #5 seed on the road, and eliminated the Vikings in a qualifying game. And he's not pulling a Brunell and just getting out of the way, he is THE REASON we won those games. How do you go away from that?

If JC isn't the QB next year I think it'd be a huge mistake. I don't really care about this year.

edit: but I don't think we should totally give all this credit to TC. Our Line REALLY shored up, REALLY REALLY shored up. All our receivers were finally healthy and because our Oline has been so excellent portis has been trashing even the best run d in the league.

Todd Collins...I love Campbell, but look how Collins has handled these last 3 games...all of these games had the playoff type atmosphere. Keep Collins in. You thought it was bad how people were going off on Campbell earlier? Let him throw 1-2 picks in a playoff game, and just watch how quick people turn on him.

The controversy will be murder (there's nothing like a QB controversy in Washington!) but you go with the hot hand right now, and Collins has that hand. It's Campbell's team, but it's Collins' momentum, and fortunately you can use Campbell's injury as an excuse to allow that to happen.

I seriously doubt that Gibbs will replace Collins right now. When you have a player in the groove, you can't change up the mojo now. I love Campbell, but right now Collins is our best chance to win. If he is available for the playoffs, then he should be the second string. If Collins is struggling, then bring in Campbell. Campbell is a good player and I really think that he will be a good player down the road, but I do think that a little competition is a healthy thing. It will help develop Campbell.

Don't mean to jinx us--just a hypothetical. IF we beat Dallas next week and JC continue to progress and is ready to play in the playoffs (would we play Seattle or Tampa' date=' btw?), do you stay with TC, go back to JC's powerful arm, or have them split snaps/ have JC take the third-and-longs or something?

My guess is TC is the QB from now on but does anyone think it's possible JC will be named starter if healthy? They didn't avoid putting him on IR not to play him...or did they?[/quote']

Todd Collins the rest of this season. Jason Campbell next year and possibly beyond. End of story.

my vote is for campbell, only if he is fully healthy. but i know there will be a lot of different opinions on here.

Thank God you aren't the head coach. :)

It's Collins.

Easily.

If the Redskins make the playoffs, when they get to that first playoff game, Campbell will have been out for a month.

That is a month without practicing.

He would be a still-learning QB coming in cold and rusty.

You go with the hot hand. The guy playing well. The player who gives you the best chance to win.

Right now, that is Todd Collins.

Against Minnesota: 22 of 29 225yds and 2TDs.

And you want to rush to bench the guy? :doh:

If JC isn't the QB next year I think it'd be a huge mistake. I don't really care about this year.

edit: but I don't think we should totally give all this credit to TC. Our Line REALLY shored up, REALLY REALLY shored up. All our receivers were finally healthy and because our Oline has been so excellent portis has been trashing even the best run d in the league.

You dont care about a possible playoff season because " your boy" isnt in a qb?

So that would make you a JC fan and not a Skins fan right? :doh:

So in a span of 4 days, from the buffalo to chicago game, the oline shored up?:doh:

If the Skins make the ............ then TC will be the starter cause J.Gibbs the inventor of the one year SB winning wonder knows what he is doing. :cheers:

Ridiculous.

Big Ben went to a 15-1 record in his rookie year and won the SB in his second. Replaced Tommy Maddox who had one good year then folded.

Brady won the SB after stepping in for a failing QB (a turnaround with a QB change--where might we be seeing that) in his second year and he was a sixth round pick.

Derek Anderson came out in the same draft as Jason. He's still streaky but he's better right now, overall, than Jason is. Got his job and turned his team around REPLACING A QB>

Garrard replaced Leftwich who was "their guy' and look where they are now.

Interesting pattern, here, don't you think?

Replaced QBs--changed teams.

But you want us to put the losing QB back in. :doh:

It's funny because only one of these guys you mentioned replaced guys younger than they were. So you're arguing for youth, eh?

It's funny because only one of these guys you mentioned replaced guys younger than they were. So you're arguing for youth, eh?

No, I'm arguing for results.

See, all those cases (but one?) involved someone being replaced because the team needed someone better, either a leader or performer or both.

There are more and I just don't know what Raiders situation was like years ago with Gannon.

It's not about youth but results, which was clearly what I was saying in that post.

I'm not giving up on Campbell but it's not mortgaging your future to stick with Collins until he proves he can't perform.

No, I'm arguing for results.

See, all those cases (but one?) involved someone being replaced because the team needed someone better, either a leader or performer or both.

There are more and I just don't know what Raiders situation was like years ago with Gannon.

It's not about youth but results, which was clearly what I was saying in that post.

I'm not giving up on Campbell but it's not mortgaging your future to stick with Collins until he proves he can't perform.

I'm not trying to make anything of this, but I'm just asking. Do you think the team should go with Collins until he can't perform, meaning into next season?

Chick asked the same question on Comcasts post game show. Lavar and BMitch said JC. Ray Brown said TC.

As always, Ray Brown was correct. It doesn't matter if anyone thinks or wants JC (even at 100%) to start in the playoffs... Coach Gibbs will start TC.

Interesting. I believe Ray was on the team in '87 when Gibbs replaced Schroeder with Williams.

I'm not trying to make anything of this, but I'm just asking. Do you think the team should go with Collins until he can't perform, meaning into next season?

No. It just confirms to Coach Gibbs that Collins can return next year as the backup again unless we pick up another vet QB in the offseason and that QB beats out Collins in the preseason. JC will be our starting QB for next season.

No, I'm going with who wins and who makes the offense 'go.'

Collins has taken almost no hits in his career. He's as fresh as a 36 year old QB is going to be. If he can enjoy a Gannon-like ascendance, then you ride that because that got them to the SB. And Gannon got wrecked on a hit and that's why he had to quit football.

Just say, theoretically, Collins gets to the NFC Title game, does well in that game vs. GB or whoever.

Do you really sit a guy who has no known injuries, is fresh in terms of game snaps but has also demonstrated he can play QB?

I don't unless you feel plays downfield aren't being made a la Pennington.

We don't KNOW that Collins can't play beyond this season.

If Campbell improves and demonstrates it, then start him next season. Uh, unless we win the Bowl, in which case you start off with Collins.

Some of the comments in this thread sound as if coming from high schoolers. Are you kidding me, TC has been protected way better, and the receivers are catching the balls. Jason was doing what he was allowed to do, none of us are coaches and most of you were calling for Gibbs to go a few weeks ago. I dont care who the QB is Gibbs and CO will put the best player in. There is a reason Campbell was named the starter. I am enjoying how TC is playing but this is Jasons team...PERIOD!!!!

Archived