Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brad Childress bitching and moaning about the 12 men on the field penalty

TrumanB

Skeletor was just on giving his post game press conference and he was whining and crying about the 12 men on the field penalty. I'm not sure why, there were clearly 12 men on their defense on the field. Perhaps if his player wasn't lolly-gagging off the field, there wouldn't have been a penalty.

Oh, by the way, he never mentioned the BS call by the refs overturning Sellars' TD or the phantom interference calls against the Redskins.

Skeletor was just on giving his post game press conference and he was whining and crying about the 12 men on the field penalty. I'm not sure why, there were clearly 12 men on their defense on the field. Perhaps if his player wasn't lolly-gagging off the field, there wouldn't have been a penalty.

Oh, by the way, he never mentioned the BS call by the refs overturning Sellars' TD or the phantom interference calls against the Reskins.

He was saying that if the 'Skins could sub in players he should've have the opportunity to do the same. The only problem with that was the 'Skins didn't sub in anyone. They just hurried to snap it.

Well correct me if I am wrong, but just because you are allowed to sub a player, doesn't mean the other team has to WAIT AROUND IN THE HUDDLE for the player subbing out to get off the field.....similar penalties get called ALL THE TIME when the 12th guy is sunday-strolling off the field.

Joe Gibbs wasn't throwing the challenge flag for an illegal substitution, he threw the flag because the player didn't get off the field until after the ball was snapped.....

Also, it seemed Sellars was in on the TD....I mean the refs seem to be basing the overturning of the call on the fact that the middle and back nose of the ball had not got in, but what about the part of the ball Sellars is holding with his hand.....that seemed to be clearly on the white line.

Well correct me if I am wrong, but just because you are allowed to sub a player, doesn't mean the other team has to WAIT AROUND IN THE HUDDLE for the player subbing out to get off the field.....similar penalties get called ALL THE TIME when the 12th guy is sunday-strolling off the field.

Hmm, interesting point. Maybe the whole sub opportunity thing doesn't even apply here. . .

He said that the Skins did in fact sub on the play, and he says he has the play photos from that play and the previous play proving it, showing the Skins with different personnel in. . .

Fine. Then you've got to still get them off the field.

Maybe his wife will get him a membership to Hair Club for Men or something like that.

Yeah I mean the Redskins offense is operating against a game-clock.....if you are to tell me that they have to stand in the huddle or under center and wait for a player to run off the field, then what stops a player from crawling off the field to cause Delay of Game on the offense?

It's a freakin poor argument as to why he probably lost the game. It doesn't matter if we subbed or not. We were never called, and he was. I don't know if anyone watched the ravens game today, of course I enjoyed them losing, but they were called for 12 men on the field after they were losing horribly. The refs aren't going to feel sorry for you, a penalty is a penalty, and furthermore it is A RULE OF PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL. Any coach should know this. The point is, he didn't lose because of this turnover, he lost because Peterson, his biggest weapon ran 9 times for 27 yards. Period. Thank you Gregg Williams.

Archived