Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best challenge ever?

21KO

For all of the (justifiable) criticism Gibbs has gotten this year for his game management skills, the hurry-up offense followed by that challenge was absolutely brilliant. Gibbs and the Redskins juked Childress completely out of his shorts on that sequence.

What really cracked me up about it was Childress crying that they have to be allowed to sub players.

Isn't the point of the hurry up O to keep the D from subbing at will :doh:

The D is allowed time to sub IF the offense subs before a play. That's what Childress was beefing about.

But I highly doubt the Skins subbed on that play. They were rushing to the line to get off the snap.

The Vikings thought the challenge of the game was the overturned Sellers TD. But it turned into 9 points for us instead. D'OH. Gibbs had his best game managing the game in a while.

EDIT The sellers TD should have stuck. only a top view camera angle can be conclusive, not the far end zone between the legs cam they showed.

Are you kidding me??? What a nutty sequence. Does it make up for the back to back timeouts? Whoever was in Coach's ear gets the game ball.

Shut the up!

Never mind. Gibbs is the best coach the Redskins ever had, including Lombardi, and I loved Lombardi. to all the asshats who only see his mistakes, they should try rooting for a Rich Kotite, Ray handley, Buddy Ryan, Tom Coughlin, Jim Fassell, Norv turner, Steve Spurrier (fill in the blank) team.

Comcast Postgame just showed clip from Childress' presser, and he asserted that the Skins subbed on that play. Said he had the play photos from before and after showing different Skins personnel on the field. :whoknows:

Cry me a freakin' river, Childress...we stopped you on 4th and 10, and you only got that last TD because of a BS DPI call...STFU...just STFU...

HTTR!!! :cheers:

:vikesuck:

Awesome!!!!!

Why do they keep saying moss didnt catch that ball. It looked like he was in. Maybe I missed something there?

they are wrong , moss caught the ball in bounds ..:point2sky best challenge hands down ..what a call 12 men on the field ..:cheers:

What really cracked me up about it was Childress crying that they have to be allowed to sub players.

Isn't the point of the hurry up O to keep the D from subbing at will :doh:

Yeah, really. I was saying the same thing. That knucklehead doesn't even know the rules.

Comcast Postgame just showed clip from Childress' presser, and he asserted that the Skins subbed on that play. Said he had the play photos from before and after showing different Skins personnel on the field. :whoknows:

Ok, maybe the guy did have somewhat of a beef? It was still brillant anyway you look at it. The challenge, i mean.

He get's the blame when things go wrong that are out of his control. He should get some credit when the process he puts in place results in an incredible call.

Yes, but that's not the way he operates. He will take all the blame and dole out the praise to everybody else. This probably came down from the booth upstairs, but he's got to pull the trigger. And he did. Very quickly. Unlike ding-dong on the other sideline who couldn't decide whether to challenge the Moss CATCH. Kudos to Gibbs. HTTR.

:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

The coaching staff had a HUGE part in winning this game. That challenge was nothing short of genius. I also loved that the players that I heard in the post game interviews (Collins, Cooley, Portis) all were giving credit to Gibbs for getting them through everything. I love Gibbs and its obvious the players do too. Now we're heading into the 16th game with everything on the line against the cowpukes. How sweet it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived