Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best challenge ever?

21KO

How many of you were cursing Gibbs' name when you saw that red flag? "WTF ARE YOU GOING TO CHALLENGE COACH?"

I have to admit, my first thought was, "HUH?" Then when they said what the challenge was for, I figured that this was going to be pretty cut and dry, and if he lost it, he would get roasted. I figured somebody had a picture or they wouldn't have thrown the flag... HTTR

:dallasuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

You can only call something that is not called if it affects a turnover, if I'm not mistaken. Basically those are the only circumstances in the NFL rulebook where that would be appropriate. Simply because, even though they got the fumble, when the play was snapped with 12 men, they didn't "legitimately" do so, according to the rules, therefore it is challengeable. Great job on the coaching staff, they possibly won the game for us with this.

Easily the most memorable challenge of Gibbs career.

Agreed, and possibly in the history of challenges, depending on what happens the next few weeks.

Now even if the Vikes get the ball there, it's not a guarantee that they wind up winning. Everyone knows that. But we have a history of letting teams back in the hunt, and they had major momo going. That call killed it.

IF we go on to win the next couple of games, The Challenge will be pointed to as a game changer, IMO.

I was afraid that the back to back time outs was going to be Gibbs' "legacy" by the media. I hope this somehow removes some of that from his resume.

Even if it was someone elses call JG threw the flag while Childre(n)ss stood there watching TV.

I also think that Buffalo was within a makable fg distance so it's impossible to say whether that cost the game or not.

Archived