Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Andre Carter with Double Digit Sacks!

CrazyZeb

I didn't see any blitzes. who did we bring

Well, unfortunately I don't have TiVo so I can't point out specific blitz packages we brought, but I'll give an example. On Carter's first sack of the day, we brought Khary Campbell on a blitz in the left A gap. This forced Eli to turn back and to his left, where he fell right into Carter's waiting arms. This particular play worked, but there were multiple times where I saw similar blitzes with us overloading a side or at least bringing five guys. We may have stopped in the second half, I got a little excited and admittedly stopped watching our blitzing, but I think I can safely say that we definitely were trying to get pressure in the first half.

Well, unfortunately I don't have TiVo so I can't point out specific blitz packages we brought, but I'll give an example. On Carter's first sack of the day, we brought Khary Campbell on a blitz in the left A gap. This forced Eli to turn back and to his left, where he fell right into Carter's waiting arms. This particular play worked, but there were multiple times where I saw similar blitzes with us overloading a side or at least bringing five guys. We may have stopped in the second half, I got a little excited and admittedly stopped watching our blitzing, but I think I can safely say that we definitely were trying to get pressure in the first half.

I don't believe we blitzed more than twice the whole game. I'll have to go back and review the film but I'm reasonably confident in that. Now, we showed blitz a ton. Eli said omaha so many time I thought I was at a steakhouse! :gaintsuck

Also, I saw Daughty on a blitz a couple of times. One of them cause Eli to throw a real bad pass.

I don't believe we blitzed more than twice the whole game. I'll have to go back and review the film but I'm reasonably confident in that. Now, we showed blitz a ton. Eli said omaha so many time I thought I was at a steakhouse! :gaintsuck

Hmmm, well maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but it definitely seemed like we brought five guys the first couple of plays on defense. It wouldn't be out of character for GW to sit back in his Cover 2/Cover 3, but I would hope we would blitz more than two times the whole game. In any case, Eli definitely seemed like he had a ton of time back there, and I remember thinking to myself that a good QB with good receivers would pick us apart.

The Redskins started out with some blitzes, but dropped back into coverage mode just about exclusively, correctly seeing that passing was going to be difficult, no sense in risking giving them anything cheap.

The Giants have a good OL, they'll stone most pass rushes. The pressure was effective enough to make Manning move around, which drops his accuracy considerably.

Our D line is awesome. Contrary to popular belief, every team does not sack the qb ever single play. We have a beat up secondary, yet no one can seem to pass, now why is this?

Wasnt this discussed in length about how a poor secondary would look good behind a great D-line?

The Redskins started out with some blitzes, but dropped back into coverage mode just about exclusively, correctly seeing that passing was going to be difficult, no sense in risking giving them anything cheap.

The Giants have a good OL, they'll stone most pass rushes. The pressure was effective enough to make Manning move around, which drops his accuracy considerably.

Good post, Sonny. That seems right to me.

Our D line is awesome. Contrary to popular belief, every team does not sack the qb ever single play. We have a beat up secondary, yet no one can seem to pass, now why is this?

Wasnt this discussed in length about how a poor secondary would look good behind a great D-line?

I think you might be getting a little ahead of yourself. First of all, the secondary played incredibly well today. Smoot shut down Buress in what seemed like a lot of man coverage. Also, the numbers for the Giants, specifically Eli, would look a lot better had they not dropped the ball left and right. Toomer was had a 5 yard radius of open room around him when he dropped that duck from Eli. It actually worried me that they were dropping balls, because they were doing the same thing in the first half of our first game with them, and then they stopped dropping the ball in the second half and scored 3 TDs.

Good analysis :applause:

Archived