Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am Legend

portis&taylor

I recommend this movie to everyone! I really loved this movie, and if you thinking right now why listen to a 16 year old kid, my father really enjoyed it also. Great movie! keeps you on the edge of your seat through the whole movie.

hell yea dude! It was awesome! I just got back from it and loved it too!

Never read the book, thought the movie was 2/5 stars tops.. the special FX looked dated and the infected people looked like something out of the MUMMY from the 90s. the ending was trash and main protagonist who seemed to have "leadership" qualities was never explained. I feel like the script had been dumbed down and cut to satisfy a short run time and possibly a PG13 rating.

To each their own, I think the dated cheese of the Vincent Price version, or even the Heston one was better.

But if they just use the title and then change it into something completely different, just hijacking those "cool" elements they like, what is the point? Make your movie and call it something else.

As much as movies can't do what books do, books can't do what movies do. Totally different media with different strengths. When I watch a movie based on a book I have read I don't expect it to be the same. You cannot develop characters or explore their inner motivations on film the way you can in a book, so frequently large parts of the prose work are excised and replaced with something more visually appealing. I can handle that. But when they just use the title and everything else goes out the window it just detracts from the work. LilSkinnette really put her finger on it, I'd be insane if I were Stephen King when I saw what the movies based on my work turned into, no matter how much they paid for the rights.

A well-written story is different from reader to reader. While the major themes stay the same, the details I see as important are not necessarily the same ones you think are important. How I see a character may be different from your vision. In a very-well written piece of prose, we may even disagree on things like themes and plots.

Just got back from seeing this and I definitely enjoyed it. It had me on the edge of my seat, really enveloped in the story. Will Smith gives a great performance, and I loved the way they explained the backstory as well the way they built suspense. Definitely one of the best films Ive seen this year, I'd give it probably about an 8.5/10.

Oh, and the new Dark Knight trailer? 10/10 :D

Guest ComebackKing
early word is that its going do around 77mil for the weekend, shattering records for December opening.

Will Smith is as close a guarantee to a box office draw as you can possibly get.

wow 77mil would be HUGE. I don't know a person who hasn't gone to see this movie so far and there's still today to go! :cool:

Archived