Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How well will our Offense Perform this week in the Red Zone?

Riggo-toni

Campbell seemed capable of eating up chunks of yardage with his stronger arm, but struggled trying to thread the needle in tight spots. Also, it seems like EVERY friggin time we get a first inside the 15, we're handing off to Portis on the first play.

I think Collins may have a tougher time putting together long drives, but I think we'll get more touchdowns once we get down the field. The Red Zone has been our dead zone all year. Could our fortunes be changing? :gaintsuck :gaintsuck :gaintsuck

This is the argument I love to participate in.

This entire season we escape our mentality and start going Jumbo once inside the 30. It has happened and we usually use only cooley and moss as our only two weapons.

But Dallas and Tampa were the only 2 games that we went shotgun 4 WRs inside the redzone. We never do that in any other situation but we ask Campbell to deliver for us. Yes he should be able to figure it out but because we never do it, how do you expect him to succeed?

how do you expect him to succeed?

Because he is a first round draft pick in his 3rd year that we invested 3 high draft picks on.

That how I can expect him to be excute a simple red zone offense.

Funny how Derek Anderson never had a lot of exposure but he came in and did just fine in the red zone.

Because he is a first round draft pick in his 3rd year that we invested 3 high draft picks on.

That how I can expect him to be excute a simple red zone offense.

Funny how Derek Anderson never had a lot of exposure but he came in and did just fine in the red zone.

Yes, but when u never do it and with the type of personnel we have, what do you expect? Moss plays outside of the hashes, cooley cant get jump balls. Our receiving corps is god aweful and we have to rely on the oldest player in the NFL to be our possession receiver in the middle of the field. Now thats sad.. Reptition breeds success and we hardly do that.

Derek Anderson is being put in a position to succedd. There is no limiting the offense there. Oh btw, his weapons are Braylon, Joe J and KWII. Those 3 are better than anyone who we have on our receiving and that includes Cooley

Well if it really does snow, I don't think it is gonna much matter. Expect heavy doses of Portis and Betts.

But I'm not even close to being sold on Collins. Yah he looked great last week, but it is tough to do that every week in the NFL. This is too good to be true, unfortunately.

Also, the Giants will be able to gameplan Collins. If I'm a D Coordinator I don't even respect Collins' deep ball. The Bears stayed in a cover 2 shell for much of the game, which I seriously doubt that the Giants will do.

Derek Anderson is being put in a position to succedd. There is no limiting the offense there. Oh btw, his weapons are Braylon, Joe J and KWII. Those 3 are better than anyone who we have on our receiving and that includes Cooley

yah, and we saw how effective those weapons were before Andersen took the snaps ;)

With almost no exceptions, the QB makes the weapon, not vice-versa. At least in the NFL.

yah, and we saw how effective those weapons were before Andersen took the snaps ;)

With almost no exceptions, the QB makes the weapon, not vice-versa. At least in the NFL.

Oh Ya,

KWII

2007 69 catches 943 yds 5td

2006 89 catches 875 yds 3 tds

Winslow was effective but now he is averaging more yds and more tds. He still did better than cooley last year

Braylon Edwards

2007 65 catches 1106 yds 13Tds

2006 61 catches 884 yds

Still pretty effective for a god aweful browns team that went what 3-13. How many catches did santana moss or ARE get

Randy Moss on line 2. He wants to talk to you

And BTW... Edwards will most likely go to the pro bowl this year. Considering he's already blown away LY's numbers with 3 games to go doesn't do much for your argument. :)

Edwards is already better than Moss. It is not even funny. No **** a better Qb leads to better numbers but unlike us, they are not afraid to run schemes inside the redzone while we go JUMBO. Do you see how many great catches BE has made this year and Winslow it is not even funny

Great point.

Charlie Frye had the same receivers and couldn't do crap with them.

What's even more impressive is that this is the first year in the offense for all of those guys AND Anderson had to share preseason snaps with both Frye and Brady Quinn whereas Jason took every single snap in his 2nd year in the offense.

In his defense though, Jason has not had healthy receivers. It's hard to develop consistency in the red zone if your receivers keep changing.

Todd will execute better than JC does in the redzone because he has a lot more experience in the league despite lack of playing time, they don't call him Saunder's Rain Man for nothing, he has full grasp of saunders offense.

BUT with more experience JC is our future and hopefully he will click on all cylinders, never give up, it's only been 1 freaking season, patience is key.

Archived