Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What does Dallas due if Garrett is offered a HC job?

DWinzit

Garrett's name is being bantered around as a possible candidate for HC vacancies in the off season. If another club offers him a HC job, what does Dallas do?

What's his resume? I thought he only was a QB coach for a couple of years in the NFL - although that's about the same amount of experience Reid had before coming to Philly.

No way can Dallas get rid of Wade Phillips after this year.

Who is going to need head coach? I could see Ravens, Dolphins and maybe Skins (doubt it though).

Without that offensive line, Garrett is an average play caller.

Oh, and did mention the luck on recovered fumbles and dropped INTs Romo sits to pee has thrown?

Norv II.

I'm trying to imagine a situation in which you would give the Cowboys credit without any qualification.

I can't really picture it.

Oh, and did mention the luck on recovered fumbles and dropped INTs Romo sits to pee has thrown?

Norv II.

I removed all my ignore list when the Murder of ST happned...and i am really glad to have done so, I would have hated to miss this post. This is a great one.

So can i assume that Dallas has the greatest O-line of all time? To make up for average play callers, average QB's average backs, and a horrible Defense?

your pricless, and HHM or thehere after....one of those two.....told me i was missing it by ignoring you, and now i know exactly what they were saying!

Garrett is a Cowboy at heart and Jones sees him as the future. Jones will give him a big pay raise and let him know he's the guy when Phillips is done. That will convince him to stay and be patient for another 1-2 years. He needs more experience anyway and I think he's smart enough to know that. Who wants to go coach some crappy team that couldn't get it done for the last coach where failure is a real possibility when you can wait a year or two and coach on the biggest stage in the best stadium in the world for a team you have 3 superbowl rings with and the fans think you are a football god. I think he sticks around until the Dallas job opens up.

Norv II.

It looks like tr1 has all of his propoganda on speed dial. He pastes in some blurb from a document he's had for years, changes a word here, a word there and hits the 'Submit Reply' button.

No effort at all.

I think Garrett is coaching to the strengths he has.

Romo sits to pee is good. That O line is playing great. Witten is the best in the NFC by a longshot. TO is still amazing.

Give Garrett some credit. Yes. His job is easier with the talent he has, but he's still calling the plays.

If he gets a HC offer, the Cowboys need to do everything they can to keep him.

Keeping Sparano may be harder for them to do.

Good post. Right on the money if you ask me.

Cowboys had a very good offense last year when Sporano called the plays. Even with Parcells holding back the offense they were doing a heckuva job. Sporano deserves a huge chunk of the credit for that.

Having a great qb doesn't hurt either.

Garrett deserves some credit, but people who think he's responsible for all the success really are jumping the gun.

With that said, I don't think Garrett leaves for some crappy job. He has been guaranteed the Cowboys job after Wade leaves. I think we all can agree on this.

He played in Dallas, he knows what it means to be a cowboy, and the prestige of the head coach of the cowboys.

You can't find that sort of thing in Atlanta.

Norv II.

All luck! :laugh: :doh: Romo sits to pee is "average" Garrett is "average".... and you called Leonard Davis big fat and sloppy when we acquired him. Same old tr1...

Archived