Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What does Dallas due if Garrett is offered a HC job?

DWinzit

also the truth. garrett wouldnt be nearly as good with another qb. or if Romo sits to pee went down for a few games.

Wait a minute... Last summer you guys told me that Romo sits to pee was a flash in the pan... and basically sucked. Now he's the reason for Garrett's success? So Garrett sucks? Or is the O-line that's carrying both? You skins fans are awful confusing. My :2cents: is really well received here but my guess is that BOTH Garrett and Romo sits to pee are excelling in their respective roles?

Garrett's name is being bantered around as a possible candidate for HC vacancies in the off season. If another club offers him a HC job, what does Dallas do?

I think right now this is a good problem to have. It means something is going right when other teams really want your coordinator. It happens to all great teams. DWinzit, please excuse the fact that I had to erupt in laughter upon reading this thread after all the usual suspect ATN skins fan including YOU discredited Jason's hire and qualifications as an offensive coordinator. Don't make me start digging. I'll do it... you know I will... ;) :laugh:

It kills me how some people act like another team can force Garrett to accept their head coaching job. Garrett has to want to leave Dallas which he doesn't want to do. He just said the other day he feels like he has the best job in the world. There will be alot of disappointed people when Garrett starts turning down requests for interviews. Jones will pony up a big enough raise for Garrett to stay put.

Keeping Sparano may be harder for them to do.

Sean Payton wanted him to be his OC this year, but Jerry didn't give the Saints permission to talk to him.

I don't think JJ can do that much longer-wouldn't surprise me if not only Payton, but Lovie Smith(assuming he cans Norv's horrible playcalling brother) go after him next year.:2cents:

It kills me how some people act like another team can force Garrett to accept their head coaching job. Garrett has to want to leave Dallas which he doesn't want to do. He just said the other day he feels like he has the best job in the world. There will be alot of disappointed people when Garrett starts turning down requests for interviews. Jones will pony up a big enough raise for Garrett to stay put.

Agreed. 100% true.

Not a chance Dallas lets him get away. It's common knowledge that Jerry has been grooming him to become his new coach, that's why he hired a stopgap time of guy like Wade Phillips.

And about that comment of the Dallas oline being totally responsible for their success, dude I'm a Skins fan at heart and to the end. But give credit where credit is due. Garrett created a spread open offense that's tailored to Romo sits to pee's talents. And that oline is pretty good, but it's not as good as ours when they're 100% healthy.

DWinzit, please excuse the fact that I had to erupt in laughter upon reading this thread after all the usual suspect ATN skins fan including YOU discredited Jason's hire and qualifications as an offensive coordinator. Don't make me start digging. I'll do it... you know I will... ;) :laugh:
Hey, I just put a hypothetical question out there THA, don't get your panties in a bunch!:laugh:

All luck! :laugh: :doh: Romo sits to pee is "average" Garrett is "average".... and you called Leonard Davis big fat and sloppy when we acquired him. Same old tr1...

Golly, THA. I've acknowledged that the puke offensive line has unexpectedly played 'lights-out', and yet, you pooh-pooh my positive words about the pukes.

What's up, man?

Where's some love?

:laugh:

Honestly, I am not really sold on Jason Garrett being a head coach. I know that the Cowboys are doing well, but when all you do is throw the ball outside to TO and down the middle to witten, and your QB is doing well in Romo sits to pee; I don't know he would be a viable candidate for HC job. To me it would be like putting Tom Moore the Indianapolis Coordinator up for a head coach job. While calling plays are great, it is the players who are executing the calls that make the coordinators look great. I am not saying that the scheme that Garrett is using isn't good because obviously it is great if the Cowboys are doing that well. I am saying that it isn't rocket science to stretch the field with T.O. and move the ball slow and steady to witten and the other wideouts.

Honestly, I am not really sold on Jason Garrett being a head coach. I know that the Cowboys are doing well, but when all you do is throw the ball outside to TO and down the middle to witten, and your QB is doing well in Romo sits to pee; I don't know he would be a viable candidate for HC job. To me it would be like putting Tom Moore the Indianapolis Coordinator up for a head coach job. While calling plays are great, it is the players who are executing the calls that make the coordinators look great. I am not saying that the scheme that Garrett is using isn't good because obviously it is great if the Cowboys are doing that well. I am saying that it isn't rocket science to stretch the field with T.O. and move the ball slow and steady to witten and the other wideouts.

While it may look easy to us fans, I doubt it. Playing football isn't easy. Winning games isn't easy. Ask anyone who has ever played football. TO, Witten and Romo sits to pee are doing their thing and if it was as easy as you say it is, surely by now, opponents would have been able to put a stop to it. So your statement, while slanted towards dissing the Cowboys success, also disses the efforts that Cowboys opponents have put forth. Perhaps you know something that they don't.

While I would agree with you that Garrett is an unproven commodity when it comes to head coaching, his meteoric rise in the NFL coaching ranks is no accident. He has all of the attributes you would want. Several NFL players, coaches, and media pundits have said as much in the past couple of years. Garrett will get his opportunity in due time and we'll see what happens.

I just have to ask why you would keep Wade if Garrett is making this O fire off as well as they appear to be. I say appear to be because I cant fully give a Puke team full credit for anything. Anywho, back to my point. Wade is NOT a winning HC from his prior track record and I think that we can all agree that he just took over for a Parcells team that was coming together and getting all the right players in place. I believe that Garrett has brought something good to this team and implemented his own style more then Wade has. Wade was a good DC out here in SD but I still am not sold on him as a HC. I just remember years of mediocrity. And of course his big fat hillbilly daddy Bum.

Archived