Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A HC Candidate Absolutely No One is Talking About -- Chud

method man

Let me introduce you to Rob Chudzinski, the offensive coordinator for the Browns. A young 39 years old, Chud, in his first year as an offensive coordinator, has led a top-10 offense with a formerly unknown QB that came into this season with no proven weapons and an unknown offensive line. This is his 4th year coaching in the NFL after coaching 8 years at the U.

I feel that this would be an excellent choice if Gibbs does choose to retire. Chud is very well-liked by the players and he coached at the U while Portis and Moss were there. The guy is young but is a coaching veteran with an excellent pedigree who has done an excellent job wherever he has been. As the tight ends coach at the U from 96 to 2000, he coached Franks, Shockey, and Winslow. As the offensive coordinator of the U from 2001 to 2003, he led them to the national championship. In his first year in the NFL, he was promoted to interim offensive coordinator for the Browns in 2004. In 2005 and 2006, he was San Diego's tight end coach and helped Gates to become the player he is today. And this year, we know what he has done for the Browns. He has been a success whereever he has been.

He is an adjustable guy too. His primary philosophy is to have a run-first game. However, with Lewis struggling, he changed up the scheme to make it more pass reliant and the Browns have had great success. If you guys are looking for the next Gibbs, it is this guy.

http://www.ncsports.us/

"Chudzinski, 39, has not been linked to any NFL team thus far. But the way his offense has taken off, he may be in the mix when vacancies open up in the coming weeks.

It will be very interesting to see what happens in Miami. The Dolphins are 0-11 under first-year coach Cam Cameron and owner Wayne Huizenga obviously is not happy about the direction of his franchise.

Cameron was San Diego's offensive coordinator the two seasons Chudzinski was tight ends coach. The offensive system in Miami essentially is the same one with the Browns.

If Huizenga wanted to maintain some kind of continuity while making a change, he may investigate Chudzinski. In addition, there is some name recognition with Chudzinski in South Florida.

He played four years at the University of Miami and then coached 10 years at the school. Chudzinski was offensive coordinator for the Hurricanes' last national championship team in 2001.

In Chudzinski's first year as offensive coordinator here, the Browns are on pace for a franchise-record 458 points. That would be 67 points more than the 1986 Browns -- the team record for a 16-game season.

Some might say it's premature for Chudzinski to take the giant step to NFL head coach. But owners are always looking for the next great offensive mind."

Chud has done real well this year in Cleveland. I am a bit concerned though because this was the first breakthrough year for him

The 2001-2003 Miami teams were loaded with offensive talent, in particular the 2001 and 2002 squads with guys like Dorsey, Portis, McGahee, Winslow Jr, Shockey, Andre Johnson, and the best o-line in football.

I don't think he is a bad guy to take a chance on, but I am not sure if his pedigree is enough, yet

Good call, meth, but don't get your hopes up too high. Snyder is riding Gibbs until Gibbs himself retires.

I'm guessing that GW will be the hext HC and Blache will be the next DC, but don't worry about that until 2009.

Oh god no...one of the reasons Mr. Williams got canned in Buffalo was because he favors Gibbs's super-conservative style.

Chud has done real well this year in Cleveland. I am a bit concerned though because this was the first breakthrough year for him

The 2001-2003 Miami teams were loaded with offensive talent, in particular the 2001 and 2002 squads with guys like Dorsey, Portis, McGahee, Winslow Jr, Shockey, Andre Johnson, and the best o-line in football.

I don't think he is a bad guy to take a chance on, but I am not sure if his pedigree is enough, yet

You've gotta remember though that as a position coach with TEs, he was really successful there as well. The man is a good coach...period. At the very least, he is much more proven than Garrett or McDaniel. The reason why I am liking Chud more than Garret and McDaniel is that he has much more coaching experience. If Gibbs does leave at the end of this season, I think this guy should be near the top of their lists.

Oh god no...one of the reasons Mr. Williams got canned in Buffalo was because he favors Gibbs's super-conservative style.

If GW had a nice GM to back him up I think he'd be fine.

But, that's just me thinking we could use more talent and depth at key positions;).

I was thinking about this guy a couple months back when the Browns suddenly became an offensive juggernaut. This guy took Derek Anderson and turned him into a stud numbers wise by spreading out the defense. He could do the same with Jason Campbell no doubt. I doubt we'll get him, but we should at least watch some tape of the way he runs his offense and model it off of that. (Yes, I know he has talented players in Edwards and Winslow, but still, its Derek Anderson).

I was thinking about this guy a couple months back when the Browns suddenly became an offensive juggernaut. This guy took Derek Anderson and turned him into a stud numbers wise by spreading out the defense. He could do the same with Jason Campbell no doubt. I doubt we'll get him, but we should at least watch some tape of the way he runs his offense and model it off of that. (Yes, I know he has talented players in Edwards and Winslow, but still, its Derek Anderson).

lol true and you also have to remember he is doing it with no running game because jamal lewis stinks

If a coaching change is in the offing, I like the direction you're going in.

Fresh blood. Young guy who is looking for a chance. I don't know if Chud is head coaching material or not but he's certainly the type of guy we should be talking to if and when the time comes.

My greatest fear is Gibbs steps down and we have the following canidates interview for the job

Gregg Williams

Jim Fassel

Ray Rhodes

Bill Parcells

I think I'd rather take my chances with year 5 of Gibbs 2.0 then settle for a bunch of also rans.

I really think that unless we win out and make the playoff that this is JG last year. The losing really seems to be taking a toll on him personally and the ST ordeal just may be the final nail in the coffin that causes him to give in at the end of the year. If this is the case, I really think we go outside the organization for the next coach due to the lack of success of the current organization. It would just seem to be a Daniel Snyder type of move right now.

Archived