Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Huckabee thought that AIDS Research Received an Unfair Amount of Federal Money

#98QBKiller

The truth is, AIDS is a self-inflicted disease to a huge amount of sufferers. I don't want my money to bail people out that contracted it due to homosexual sex or drug use.

bail people out? That's a pretty cold way of describing saving someones life. I guess in your world it's moral to put money over life so long as you decide they are unworthy.

bail people out? That's a pretty cold way of describing saving someones life. I guess in your world it's moral to put money over life so long as you decide they are unworthy.

I agree, it is pretty cold. But I have absolutely had it with people who are not accountable for their own actions. If I was in a similar situation, I would not blame people for not "bailing me out".

I'm also enjoying the folks who have no bias against gays claiming that they don't want AIDS research because people deserve it, and the government shouldn't be protecting people who make stupid decisions and get hurt by them, while claiming the money should be spent working on heart attacks and cancer.

I love how some of the Ron Paul supporters are bashing Huckabee for this, when their own saint has made racist remarks in the past. I wonder how they defend that.

No he hasnt and it's been covered ad nausium. It was a newsletter that contained writings of an aide that was pulled as soon as it was made known.

nice try with old news, try another tact that is actually factual next time.

Just last week he was asked about that incident and this was his short response:

"I didn't write it, I didn't state it. After 15 years it should be history." - Dec 06.2008 Stephanie Miller Show.

In his own words on racism in America:

Racism

A nation that once prided itself on a sense of rugged individualism has become uncomfortably obsessed with racial group identities.

The collectivist mindset is at the heart of racism.

Government as an institution is particularly ill-suited to combat bigotry. Bigotry at its essence is a problem of the heart, and we cannot change people's hearts by passing more laws and regulations.

It is the federal government that most divides us by race, class, religion, and gender. Through its taxes, restrictive regulations, corporate subsidies, racial set-asides, and welfare programs, government plays far too large a role in determining who succeeds and who fails. Government "benevolence" crowds out genuine goodwill by institutionalizing group thinking, thus making each group suspicious that others are receiving more of the government loot. This leads to resentment and hostility among us.

Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of groups rather than as individuals. Racists believe that all individuals who share superficial physical characteristics are alike: as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism.

The true antidote to racism is liberty. Liberty means having a limited, constitutional government devoted to the protection of individual rights rather than group claims. Liberty means free-market capitalism, which rewards individual achievement and competence - not skin color, gender, or ethnicity.

In a free society, every citizen gains a sense of himself as an individual, rather than developing a group or victim mentality. This leads to a sense of individual responsibility and personal pride, making skin color irrelevant. Racism will endure until we stop thinking in terms of groups and begin thinking in terms of individual liberty.

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=982

I'm also enjoying the folks who have no bias against gays claiming that they don't want AIDS research because people deserve it, and the government shouldn't be protecting people who make stupid decisions and get hurt by them, while claiming the money should be spent working on heart attacks and cancer.

I assume this was directed at me, but I think I made myself abundantly clear that I was speaking in terms of prioritization of funds. It's just my personal opinion that if our tax dollars need to be put into medical research at all, then they shouldnt go into the preventable diseases before those that are harder to prevent.

Please dont read into my post anything more than I said. Thanks

No he hasnt and it's been covered ad nausium. It was a newsletter that contained writings of an aide that was pulled as soon as it was made known.

nice try with old news, try another tact that is actually factual next time.

:rolleyes: The FACTS are that those racist remarks were made in HIS newsletter under HIS name. I don't believe the whole ghostwriter excuse he made anyway, nor do other people. Just a little too convenient, don't you think? Besides, even IF it were true, don't you think it's a little irresponsible for him to let someone write those things under HIS name in HIS own newsletter. And why would he employ anyone with those racist views anyhow?

For those that are curious, here a few of the remarks made in HIS newsletter:

"If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be."

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal,".

"we are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers."

"Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action"

"We don't think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That's true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such."

But, he really, really didn't write these things, now did he? Cause he said so, right?

:rolleyes: The FACTS are that those racist remarks were made in HIS newsletter under HIS name. I don't believe the whole ghostwriter excuse he made anyway, nor do other people. Just a little too convenient, don't you think? Besides, even IF it were true, don't you think it's a little irresponsible for him to let someone write those things under HIS name in HIS own newsletter. And why would he employ anyone with those racist views anyhow?

For those that are curious, here a few of the remarks made in HIS newsletter:

"If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be."

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal,".

"we are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers."

"Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action"

"We don't think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That's true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such."

Again, This has been known and responded too a long time ago, the newsletter was pulled as soon as it was learned that his aide published it.

I like your desperation in trying to paint him as a racist though, you make it fun.

Are many racists going on record saying that their hero's are MLK jr, and Gandi? Hmm, How many racists have said publically that one of their desires would be to have an African American VP running mate? (Walter Williams)

Any attempt you make to spin this into him being a racist makes you on par with DU and Huff post. It just makes you look worse and worse when you view his actual beliefs as documented in numerous speaches and writings.

Please carry on so all can see your desperation.

Again, This has been known and responded too a long time ago, the newsletter was pulled as soon as it was learned that his aide published it.

I like your desperation in trying to paint him as a racist though, you make it fun.

Are many racists going on record saying that their hero's are MLK jr, and Gandi? Hmm, How many racists have said publically that one of their desires would be to have an African American VP running mate? (Walter Williams)

Any attempt you make to spin this into him being a racist makes you on par with DU and Huff post. It just makes you look worse and worse when you view his actual beliefs as documented in numerous speaches and writings.

Please carry on so all can see your desperation.

What do you mean the newsletter was "pulled". Those remarks were made in his newsletter in 1992, but did not become a big issue until his 1996 campaign for Congress, when his opponent used it against him. It was at that time that Paul said that a ghostwriter wrote those remarks. Let's get the facts straight here. Nothing was immediately "pulled". And how do you explain the anti-Semitic remarks he made in another newsletter. Oh, I guess his ghostwriter wrote those too.

By the way, I never called him a racist. I said he made racist remarks. Only he knows in his own heart if he is a racist.

What do you mean the newsletter was "pulled". Those remarks were made in his newsletter in 1992, but did not become a big issue until his 1996 campaign for Congress, when his opponent used it against him. It was at that time that Paul said that a ghostwriter wrote those remarks. Let's get the facts straight here. Nothing was immediately "pulled". And how do you explain the anti-Semitic remarks he made in another newsletter. Oh, I guess his ghostwriter wrote those too.

By the way, I never called him a racist. I said he made racist remarks. Only he knows in his own heart if he is a racist.

So you admit that he didnt say the remarks then, good. Now you are being intellectually honest.

The newsletter was "pulled" soon after it came out in 1992 and the staffer was fired. They were unable to stop all the newsletters from going out, but they tried to recitfy it in any manner they could. The fact that his opponents latched onto this in 1996 yet he still has returned to congress will tell us that it's a non-issue.

We have plenty of evidence that Congressman Paul isnt a racist. Will you continue to try and make this false claim (just like DU does?)

question, just answer clearly and concise.

Do you actually believe RP is a racist? If so, what of his actual writings, speach, votes or actions are you using to base that belief on? If you don't believe that he is a racist, what was your true intent in posting about the newsletter comments?

I'll anxiously await your heartfelt response.

So you admit that he didnt say the remarks then, good. Now you are being intellectually honest.

No, I never said that. I don't 100% know if he made these remarks or not. It seems just a little too convenient that a ghostwriter wrote these remarks. What else did Paul not write? Can he go back to other positions and statements that he made under HIS name and under HIS newsletter and clarify the ones that shouldn't be attributed to him? Let's assume that a ghostwriter did write these remarks. Then he was careless and irresponsible to allow them to put under his name.

The newsletter was "pulled" soon after it came out in 1992 and the staffer was fired. They were unable to stop all the newsletters from going out, but they tried to recitfy it in any manner they could. The fact that his opponents latched onto this in 1996 yet he still has returned to congress will tell us that it's a non-issue.

The newsletter was never "pulled". Where are you getting this information? Please provide a link that backs that up. It never became an issue until 1996, not when it was originally published in 1992. And no, from what I've read, his ghostwriter was never fired. As a matter of fact, from what I recall, Paul refused to even name the ghostwriter.

We have plenty of evidence that Congressman Paul isnt a racist. Will you continue to try and make this false claim (just like DU does?)

question, just answer clearly and concise.

Do you actually believe RP is a racist? If so, what of his actual writings, speach, votes or actions are you using to base that belief on? If you don't believe that he is a racist, what was your true intent in posting about the newsletter comments?

I'll anxiously await your heartfelt response.

Other than those racist remarks, I don't know of any other actions that one could safely label Paul a true racist. As I said earlier, only he truly knows if he is a racist or not.

No, I never said that. I don't 100% know if he made these remarks or not. It seems just a little too convenient that a ghostwriter wrote these remarks. What else did Paul not write? Can he go back to other positions and statements that he made under HIS name and under HIS newsletter and clarify the ones that shouldn't be attributed to him? Let's assume that a ghostwriter did write these remarks. Then he was careless and irresponsible to allow them to put under his name.

The newsletter was never "pulled". Where are you getting this information? Please provide a link that backs that up. It never became an issue until 1996, not when it was originally published in 1992. And no, from what I've read, his ghostwriter was never fired. As a matter of fact, from what I recall, Paul refused to even name the ghostwriter.

Other than those racist remarks, I don't know of any other actions that one could safely label Paul a true racist. As I said earlier, only he truly knows if he is a racist or not.

Out of respect for the OP. We are derailing his thread.

I'd be glad to speak via IM or if you like, start another thread.

I'd be curious to see where you saw that Paul refused to name the ghostwriter or that the newsletters werent pulled (meaning, additional batches werent sent out after the issue was learned). I dont know if I can provide a link as stories from 1992 werent really filed via the web. All I have are the words I personally heard from Congressman Paul and the unarguable fact that he has never exhibited racists actions nor remarks from his mouth. In fact the evidence is strong to the contrary that he isnt a racist at all.

again, lets take this out of this thread though. We are causing a mess for those interested in the thread topic and we shouldnt do that. :2cents:

Huckabee called homosexuality 'sinful'
Oh my gosh!

ANd you don't think the other 16 million SOuthern Baptists don't feel the same way? :laugh:

I love how you derailed the topic.
Out of respect for the OP. We are derailing his thread.
How? By comparing what one candidate said 15 years ago to what another said 15 years ago?

While were at it we should discuss Obama doing coke and Hillary dealing with her husbands infidelity.

This thread is a partisan joke from the get go. And I'm not even voting for Huckabee. :doh:

How? By comparing what one candidate said 15 years ago to what another said 15 years ago?

But Ron Paul really didn't say what he thought he said .... uhhhh, I mean, he didn't really say what everyone thinks he said ... uhhh, I mean he didn't really say those things a long, long time ago .... uhhh, it was some stupid, unknown ghost writer that wrote those negative remarks. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket. :silly:

But Ron Paul really didn't say what he thought he said .... uhhhh, I mean, he didn't really say what everyone thinks he said ... uhhh, I mean he didn't really say those things a long, long time ago .... uhhh, it was some stupid, unknown ghost writer that wrote those negative remarks. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket. :silly:

:rolleyes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/22/magazine/22Paul-t.html?ei=5124&en=22ee37525a9fc4f5&ex=1343016000&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink&pagewanted=all

Paul survived these revelations. He later explained that he had not written the passages himself — quite believably, since the style diverges widely from his own. But his response to the accusations was not transparent. When Morris called on him to release the rest of his newsletters, he would not. He remains touchy about it. “Even the fact that you’re asking this question infers, ‘Oh, you’re an anti-Semite,’ ” he told me in June. Actually, it doesn’t. Paul was in Congress when Israel bombed Iraq’s Osirak nuclear plant in 1981 and — unlike the United Nations and the Reagan administration — defended its right to do so. He says Saudi Arabia has an influence on Washington equal to Israel’s. His votes against support for Israel follow quite naturally from his opposition to all foreign aid. There is no sign that they reflect any special animus against the Jewish state.

Archived