Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

@ New York, @ Minnesota, Home for Dallas - Which is the toughest game?

footballhenry

Out of the three games we have left on the schedule, which one looks the most daunting to pull out a W for?

Personally I have to go with this next game in the Meadowlands. As we Skins fans are far too aware, this team has not fared well up north when facing the G-men. I do think we have some things going in our favor such as the inclement weather possibility and the 10-day break but for me, this game is going to decide whether or not we make the playoffs.

I honestly feel that if we can get a huge W in New York, then that will be enough to propel this team into the playoffs (most likely) but of course if we lose then it looks like its over more than likely.

So in your opinion, which game is going to be the TOUGHEST for this team to win? Try to give some good reasons for why you think so too.

My reasoning, a backup QB coming in for his first start in years trying to lead a team on the bubble in a crucial essential playoff game against a hated division rival. Doesn't get much tougher than that, imho.

Which game is the toughest?

The game that we don't play our best football in. Simple answer, yet truthful.

We can beat any of those teams, convincingly, if we just play good football. Each game that we lost, we made stupid stupid mistakes. I can not honestly say that we were outright beat by any team this year, outside of the Pats. It was our mistakes (mostly in the second half, while we have the lead) that has us on the outside looking in. We are a good football team.. just clumsy.

The Giants game...I believe if we win that we can roll into MIN with real belief and momentum and stop Peterson/Taylor.

Agreed 100%

If we lose in NY, the Vikings game becomes a lot tougher, with a LOT more pressure.

Win in NY, and I think we go to Minnesota with a ton of confidence.

The last two games for the Giants will be against two AFC teams (Bills.Pats). If the Giants beat the Eagles the game against the Skins will be pretty much meaningless. They could lose their last 3 games of the year and still have a 9-7 record (7-5 conf) which is good enough to make the playoffs.

Plax not being 100% should also help us.

I think we dismantle Eli and take down the Giants!

i believe that the vikings will definatly pose a challenge. They have the amazing Adrian Peterson. i watch the guy all through College( he played on my fave college team) and that guy can run. but Romo sits to pee and the Cowboys definatly pose a great risk. they are having an outstanding season. lets just hope their center plays as well as he did last time

Which game is the toughest?

The game that we don't play our best football in. Simple answer, yet truthful.

We can beat any of those teams, convincingly, if we just play good football. Each game that we lost, we made stupid stupid mistakes. I can not honestly say that we were outright beat by any team this year, outside of the Pats. It was our mistakes (mostly in the second half, while we have the lead) that has us on the outside looking in. We are a good football team.. just clumsy.

Very well said and if my memory serves me correctly, every game we lost we led at halftime (except the Pats).

Yup just checked... every game we lost this season except Pats and TB, we were leading at halftime. Even the TB game we could of wrapped up without those 2 INTs at the very end of the game.

Minnesota.

Hear me out. I know we struggle to do anything in the Meadowlands, but when facing the Giants there:

a) we already won up there this year (vs. Jets)

B) we have more time to get healthy and rested than the G-Men

c) Giants are entering their December struggles

d) barring Campbell, all active players should be able and ready for the Giants game

e) Collins will still be a bit of an enigma (not enough game footage to get a great feel of him) and his knowledge might be more helpful at this juncture than Jason's highly talented but still raw skills.

f) The Giants will probably lock up the 5th seed with a win this week vs. the Eagles, they won't be as desperate as us to win.

The Cowboys will be a 2nd stringer game barring a 3 game meltdown by the Pokes....

Minnesota will be as hungry as us, will be as desperate as us, will be at home in their dome environment and are playing good at the right time.

They will be the toughest challenge of the three IF we beat the Giants next week.

We cant win at the meadlowlands

Minny has the best run defense in the league and our run d will have to play the 2 headed monster in AP and CT

Minny's run D isn't as *great* as everyone says it is. Yes-they're very good b/c of the Kevin/Pat Williams combo at DT, but their stats are a bit inflated b/c of teams are taking advantage of their very poor pass D. When we played them, even Julius was getting good yardage early in the game(as we all know, JJ has been an all-out underperformer here in Big D).:2cents:

Minny's run D isn't as *great* as everyone says it is. Yes-they're very good b/c of the Kevin/Pat Williams combo at DT, but their stats are a bit inflated b/c of teams are taking advantage of their very poor pass D. When we played them, even Julius was getting good yardage early in the game(as we all know, JJ has been an all-out underperformer here in Big D).:2cents:

your line is playing lights out, ours isn't :laugh:

I am going to say with the way the Redskins have been playing this year, that no win will come any easier than the next. They will either win or lose the next three games by a single score, unless some how Todd Collins ends up pulling a Kurt Warner.

The cowboys game, they are still the best team in the NFC

The giants, Im not sold on them, and their late season breakdowns, however this game is still very hard

The vikings, Im not sold on them either, they cant pass the ball, and we have a good run defense, still going to be a tough game

But the hardest I think is going to be the cowboys

Archived