Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Injury Status

gobigred

It depends on how Collins plays and what our standing is.

If Collins is lighting it up and we rattle off 2 more wins and come home to face the Cowboys. Collins will likely start.

You have to remember that Gibbs doesn't like to go from one QB to the other, think Jay Schroeder.

It depends on how Collins plays and what our standing is.

If Collins is lighting it up and we rattle off 2 more wins and come home to face the Cowboys. Collins will likely start.

You have to remember that Gibbs doesn't like to go from one QB to the other, think Jay Schroeder.

I'm thinking the same exact thing and also it may be best for Jason to sit and watch TC for the rest of season to keep himself from further injury.

I just thank GOD it wasn't a career ender - I know Jason is in pain, and the pelims show that no bones were involved - but further study is going to be done on the MRI (according to Coach Gibbs) TO MAKE SURE and rule out no bone chips.

Folks, I've had one of these injuries (not trauma related like Jasons') but it takes a good 6-8 months to walk normal again. I eventually had to have surgery, "not fun, not fun at all".

Please keep Jason in your prayers.

Dang it, I was having a good day up until that point. Why not "think snow" or "think about Christmas", something slightly more pleasant?

OK. Think Tony Banks. See what that feels like?

The reality of the situation is that we are a long shot to make the playoffs and even if we do, we all know who is going to win the super bowl. So in a sense everyone is playing for second place. JC has come a long way this year and with another offseason he is going to make even greater strides towards becoming the franchise QB. I think it may benefit him greatly seeing a QB who has been in the system for 7 years run it the way it is meant ot be run. I think Saunders will be able to break out more of the playbook and Jason should soak it up like a sponge. Sometimes you can learn a lot from watching. If we make the playoffs, I think JC should be allowed to guide the team to their destiny. Unlike some QB's, the players on the team respect and think highly of Campbell and his ability to lead as well as his physical talents. I am sure Collins would be gracious and let JC play, win or lose. The future of this team is with Campbell, not Collins, and playoff experience is invaluable, so I think it would benefit him to come back if we were to make it.

I have dislocated each one of my knees 5 times.

10 times in total.....mostly occuring during high school football, baseball and wrestling.

It was the same thing every single time.

One month in a cast.....when the cast comes off.....it takes another week to two weeks to be able to bend your knee normally. It is stiff from being straightened for a month.

Now I didn't have nfl trainers....thank God JC does.

I would imagine a cast for 3 weeks....then 2 more weeks before he is decently fit.

Even then....he won't be able to move much. I believe he is done for the year.

Interesting Fact: Dislocations on average, are twice as painful as breaks.

The most painful part of the body to dislocate? The hip, followed only by the kneecap.

Get better JC.

I had my knee scoped after pretty much the same injury. Small meniscus tear although I think his is ok, I was back in good form (walking around work) within 6 months. With all the high dollar rehab stuff and time these guys have he should be ok in a matter of weeks. I agree though, it's not usual for Gibbs to change quarterbacks. If Collins plays reasonably, Campbell probably won't be back this season.

I dont think JC will play the rest of the season, if Todd is playing well and we're winning, he will be the starter, if the doesnt and we're losing, why risk getting JC hurt even more??

Exactly, TC might have something to say about Campbell playing the last game of the season.

I would hope they shut him down for the rest of the year. No point in risking him, we will need him for the next 10 years. It will be fun to see what Collins can do!

This is how I feel about it too. I'm not jumping on the Todd Collins bandwagon but I do think that it's important to rest JC for the season and not risk any further injury. Because I feel very strongly that he's the Redskins franchise QB.

Let him study and learn the system and next year he will have 2 years experience studying the playbook and 1 1/2 years experience playing in the system, by that point I would hope that Al Saunders and Joe Gibbs would be comfortable enough letting him run this offense for 4 quarters as opposed to trying to milk out the clock and squeak in half-assed wins.

FYI..While a QB controversy seems to stem in some minds, just remember all those QB's who have come in due to injury and played well and were hereos the first week and then boooo'ed of the field shortly after. Yes! it's great we have a backup that know's the Saunders system well, that helps us through a difficult situation, It's also even better when the play calling becomes a liittle more aggressive and not so systematic as well...Thanks to the do or die calling from...????..I guess we won't really know, but I like it and it's been succsesful against a team who was hungry to do anything to win...kinda like us.;

we have learn from Gibbs II you cant trust his judgment about quarterbacks.

Really? I think he drafted the Qb of the future in Campbell and he also has coached 3 SB winning QBs. Ill take Joe Gibbs judgement on QBs over anyones period.

May be good for Jason to watch someone in there that knows how to run Al's offense.

and Campbell dont know how too? Besides those 2 ints ve the Boys and Bucs he has played damn good imo. Todd Collins is not Peyton Manning people. I hope he plays well but im tired of fans thinking Collins is a Savior.

Archived