Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I've held it in as long as I can (rant)

bigtommmy

Look we are all on this site because we either like or love the REDSKINS. We havent been very good lately and we havent been Champions in over 15 years. There are some teams that have never even been to the Super Bowl yet even have one of those pretty silver trophies. We cant make quick changes because things go bad we are a very competitive team & very close to being an elite team :2cents: Tom Brady was a 6th round pick so the Patriots got lucky we all need to stop thinking we need to get rid of good players just because we dont win every game. Injuries, death and luck plays into every season and this has been a hard season. If any of you so called Redskins fans dont think this is going to motivate our team to be one of the best next year you have no ideal who or what Joe Gibbs stands for. Lets just stick together and be glad our team plays hard every game & has only been blown out once this year because with a little luck we could & should be 10-3 :gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck :point2sky :laugh:

Maybe Extremskins should be split into 2 sites. One for negativity - in which everyone can bemoan how horrible this team is and how everything needs to be changed, and one for optimism - where everyone can sit and hold hands around a campfire and discuss how much the Redskins will dominate the next game and all season.

I, for one, would choose to visit neither of these sites.

Kumbya my lord, Kumbya :logo:

No offense.. but who the hell are you to complain about what this site should and shouldn't have.

Take the good with the bad. This team is faaaaaar from perfect and some of the problems are directly related to Gibbs, whether you like it or not.

This is a talented team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs more then twice in the last 15 years. As fans we have the right to vent and be heard. If you don't like it go to a different "rose colored" site...this site is burgundy.

Let me start by saying I've been coming here for 5-6 years. I've never joined or wanted to until a couple weeks ago. The reason I joined was to voice my opinion on how ridiculous this board has gotten. I used to love reading educated discussion on the Skins and find out information on the team. Now I sit and read ignorant posts for dumb asses. I still can't get over some "fans" are bashing and criticizing everything. Lets look at this year. Gibbs lets the players work on their own because that's what THEY wanted. You lose your left guard to FA. Your LT misses the whole preseason. Start the year, RT gone for the year, RG gone for the year, receivers can't practice, linemen can't practice, hardest schedule in the league, worst tragedy imaginable, starting CB done for year, one of the best QB in the league knee injury, etc. There is no other team, coach, players, orginzation in the NFL that could go through this and still be not only competitive but in the playoff hunt. But, instead of celebrating this, we have "fans" that constantly bash Gibbs, and the team. I almost puked watching the game and seeing empty seats in the 4th quarter. Everybody on that team poured everything they had into that game and how do they get rewarded, EMPTY SEATS. I have gone from being so proud to be a Skins fan for how we handled the tragedy of losing Taylor to being disgusted reading this board and seeing people leave early! Here's an idea, if you can't have a normal discussion without saying what a joke a topic is, or how bad Gibbs is, don't post. Better yet pick another team and go ***** about them. This team, and fans deserve better!:logo:

We are just in a bit of a state of shock thats all.When Gibbs came back most if not all of us knew that this organization would see a rebirth of greatness again. Corny. But that's how I felt. To see this season turn the way it has has made me bitter. Basically Im angry because the fun and joy of Skins football is gone. I'm not enjoying this but at the same time I love the B and G with total passion. And it hurts which is why I will rant on when i see such inconsistencies and foolish sideline decisions on the field.

Anyone out there enjoying this miserable season needs therapy.

Blah Blah Blah. :blahblah: Keep beating a dead horse. You are like the 500th guy that I've seen make a thread like this. Get over yourself.

Learn to ignore the hate. People are ignorant. Look past it.

yea.....unfortunately these threads don't do anything. Do people really expect to change the mentality of a few thousand people with a thread like this? i don't think so. I learned the hard way lol

Fans are going to complain, that's what we do. My only problem comes when "fans" jump ship and start talking about backing other teams. I actually read a post on here in which a so called Redskins fan said he thought about joining Dallas.

Just back the team through thick and thin....complain if you must, but stand behind us.

Fans are going to complain, that's what we do. My only problem comes when "fans" jump ship and start talking about backing other teams. I actually read a post on here in which a so called Redskins fan said he thought about joining Dallas.

Just back the team through thick and thin....complain if you must, but stand behind us.

ditto that. I could leave a NBA or MLB team but never my Skins. Ever. But I will chastise this team when I feel the need. Like this miserable season.

I will envy a fan base like the current state of the Cowtur...boys, admire that potent damn offense they have but I will always love my Skins.

I long for the day people get past the elementary-school mentality of dividing people on football message boards into "homers" and "haters."

Or "realists" and "apologist". Or the also elementary-school mentality of people having or not having "knowledge" because they agree or disagree with an opinion.

why cant the "naysayers" or the "homers" just post their opinions without people having to continuously make these "call out threads"

If you don't like someone's position on the subject, either debate with them in the thread that the difference occured. If you choose not to do this, then just say nothing. Have the damn board is threads that basically say "naysayers this..." or "homers that..."

Some people are stupid, unfortunately those same people have the same ability as us to post on a message board. As the message board becomes more popular the more dumb people you get. What we should do is when someone makes a retarded post we IP ban them!

6 Pages, 6 pages and not one once of discussion or debate on the OP points about the injuries ...this has turned into yet another fan Vs fan call out thread but he did bring up key points which no one has talked about ...

"If you cannot learn to ignore the hate..." There is nothing else on this message board I think THAT has to be the biggest disappointment of the year and the MODs have done nothing to curb these threads that pollute the board week in week out . At a time when we should all come together as fans there is nothing but venom and spite here. I am not even going to ask why can we not just get along because I know some people are incapable .

I there is one positive my PhD thesis gets a boost for the next 6 months because I will have some free time not checking out this site . It is a shame because it USED to be good even when we were suffering under Spurrier or 0-5 under Marty ...ah well :ciao:

I agree :cool: Just a thought: Maybe when your negative posts out number your positive posts, you should consider jumping ship. :2cents:

This is what I was talking about. I question everything the Redskins do and I'm as upset as anybody, but from my standpoint everytime somebody tries to post something positive there are 50 you suck, they suck, this sucks. We act like a second rate group of fans when we are the BEST. I just needed to vent.

By the way, we've won more playoff games than Dallas has since their last Super Bowl!

Anyone who tries to make any kind of an argument that the Redskins have been a more successful franchise than Dallas since '91 is guilty of deluded thinking. I do agree with you about the overuse of the term "sucks" in responding to posts. I just chalk it up to people with a limited vocabulary.:D

Let me start by saying I've been coming here for 5-6 years. I've never joined or wanted to until a couple weeks ago. The reason I joined was to voice my opinion on how ridiculous this board has gotten. I used to love reading educated discussion on the Skins and find out information on the team. Now I sit and read ignorant posts for dumb asses. I still can't get over some "fans" are bashing and criticizing everything.

:cry: :doh: :yawnee: :doh1:

Archived