Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should all of Sean taylor's killers/intruders receive the same punishment?

JosephGibbs

They all should be gone for ever, due to the fact they targeted STs house. That Rivera dude should die, though he can't be killed legally by the state, I hope somebody in population illegally rapes and then murders him.

I still can't believe ST is gone, and the more I hear reports about how the older ones let the younger Rivera talk them into doing it, the angrier I get. Bottom Line Rivera deserves to die.

If the law is the same as it is in MD regarding this, even the driver who may have not even left the car can be charged with murder as well due to knowingly driving them to his house to commit a felony, burglary.

Can read up more on felony-murder here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony_murder . As it stands though, they'll all face life in prison and most likely will get it.

I don't believe they should all receive the same punishment. The one that killed him, put him on trial for murder (unpremiditated/premeditated/accidental/whatever-the-law-allows). The rest should be put on trial for armed robbery or home invasion with a deadly weapon...whatever that charge was.

They may have been there, but they weren't the ones that pulled the trigger. Sure they intended to rob him, but only one guy decided to shoot someone.

I know I'm in the minority with this opinion.

Not just minority opinion on this board, but minority opinion in law, as well. If they intended to commit a burglary, then, under law, they are presumed to have participated in all of the acts committed in furtherence of the burglary, no matter who physically committed them. It's basically intended as a deterence: you may know what you're capable of, but you should probably think twice before you sign up with a bunch of thugs on a mission to mug someone

Of course they shouldn't all get the same punishment. One guy shot Sean Taylor while the others did not. Some might not have known Rivera had a gun, or that he was going to use it. Some might not have been in the same area of the house as Rivera at the time. I didn't read your article, but I heard one guy say he ran out when he heard a noise which makes me think he wasn't trying to have a confrontation with anyone.

Burglary's way different than murder, and it could end up that some of them aren't as bad as we think.

Hell yes!! Their was nothing innocent or good about their intent.Instead of getting out here and WORKING HARD for the nice things that ST had in his home.They decided to take what he had by breaking into his residence two times.That scum bag Rivera CHOSE to bring an lethal weapon inside and when they heard that someone was in the house locking the bedroom door to DENY ENTRY the door was kicked in and ST was shot.No one stayed to try and help or even call 911, to me that shows NO remorse for the events that transpired.So they all should suffer the same fate.NO PLEA DEALS!! A young man lost his life . A little girl lost her daddy all the film,pictures and stories about what a good man her father was will ever replace the real actual daily love and presence of her daddy.ST was more than a great football player he was a father,son, brother and friend.The four/five human beings should suffer the same fate as ST did.

The fact that they were in ST's house a week prior to rob him, and then had the BALLS to go back and rob him again says these idiots totally planned to take advantage of ST. Talk about a bunch of idiots. These retards are of no use to society anyway, so I say we fry all of em. And if we can't fry em b/c they're too young, we should consider the fact that they werent too young to go and rob/murder a person. I can only hope when they go to jail someone as big as Mike Sellers rapes the crap out of them repeatedly. I wanna hear them yell to their mammas.

I agree with the law...........if you go to rob someone, and that person dies, you were responsible. If you went with a group, you agreed with them, you had a chance to not be involved. You were at least partially responsible for the action. If you dont want to take the chance of a murder charge, dont commit the original crime. I agree with one of the earlier posts, if one of them had stayed to help, if one of them had called for help, I would feel differently, but they did nothing to help a dying man that one of their "homeboys" assaulted during the commission of a felony. Hell, think about it like this. If even one of them had called for help while getting away, could ST had survived? Probably not, but he would have had a better chance of living, even if not playing again, if help had arrived 10-15 minutes earlier. They were all responsible for their actions, and should be punished since those actions resulted in the death of a human being.

Huh, didn't know that. I don't agree with the law, but a law's a law. Guess they're all looking at a murder charge. Sucks to be them.

no all of em didnt pull the trigger

....some of you guys will never understand what life is like in the streets. am i justifying what they did? hell no i love sean taylor. but i understand.

send em to jail but dont kill them. they young and dumb.

As much as I hate what they did, no.

Criminal intent is the reason for my opinion. Yes, they all had intent to commit burglary. Matter of fact, they are guilty of conspiracy to commit burglary which carries a heavier penalty in most states.

For me, and for most folks associated with criminal law criminal intent is the deciding factor. You have to be able to show that someone had the intent to do something, it's ultimatly the difference between an accident and an actual crime or something that's criminal.

I personally don't feel that three other men should be punished because one of them is/was the responsible party in ST's death. Don't get me wrong they're still guilty of breaking at least one law and should serve time for that. But if I were the prosecutor I'd put all my eggs in one basket and go after the shooter.

As much as I hate what they did, no.

Criminal intent is the reason for my opinion. Yes, they all had intent to commit burglary. Matter of fact, they are guilty of conspiracy to commit burglary which carries a heavier penalty in most states.

For me, and for most folks associated with criminal law criminal intent is the deciding factor. You have to be able to show that someone had the intent to do something, it's ultimatly the difference between an accident and an actual crime or something that's criminal.

I personally don't feel that three other men should be punished because one of them is/was the responsible party in ST's death. Don't get me wrong they're still guilty of breaking at least one law and should serve time for that. But if I were the prosecutor I'd put all my eggs in one basket and go after the shooter.

If this were the case, it would only make sense if after leaving the scene they turned themselves in and the shooter.

Since they never turned themselves in, they all should fry or get the injection IMO.

Other than the gangs suspect words, what evidence is there as to who really pulled the trigger? If there's no other evidence, wouldn't it make sense for them to say the youngest (who can't be executed) pulled the trigger?

If there's no clear evidence who shot Taylor, I say try them all on it. All those who entered the house participated in the shooting anyways.

Archived