Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should all of Sean taylor's killers/intruders receive the same punishment?

JosephGibbs

I'm not buying the 'my client was unaware of the intent to rob' or 'he didn't know a gun was involved' type crap that we have heard/will be hearing. These are punk gang-bangers who should be punished to the fullest extent. I have no sympathy for the guy(s) who might say they had no idea what was going down. Tough ****.

I don't believe they should all receive the same punishment. The one that killed him, put him on trial for murder (unpremiditated/premeditated/accidental/whatever-the-law-allows). The rest should be put on trial for armed robbery or home invasion with a deadly weapon...whatever that charge was.

They may have been there, but they weren't the ones that pulled the trigger. Sure they intended to rob him, but only one guy decided to shoot someone.

I know I'm in the minority with this opinion.

Living down here in Miami and subsequently in law school in FL, they are all responsible for the death of Sean b/c the murder happened during the commission of a felony and thus, they're all guilty of felony-murder. Here's the definition: felony murder doctrine

n. a rule of criminal statutes that any death which occurs during the commission of a felony is first degree murder, and all participants in that felony or attempted felony can be charged with and found guilty of murder. A typical example is a robbery involving more than one criminal, in which one of them shoots, beats to death or runs over a store clerk, killing the clerk. Even if the death were accidental, all of the participants can be found guilty of felony murder, including those who did no harm, had no gun, and/or did not intend to hurt anyone. In a bizarre situation, if one of the holdup men or women is killed, his/her fellow robbers can be charged with murder.

I'm not buying the 'my client was unaware of the intent to rob' or 'he didn't know a gun was involved' type crap that we have heard/will be hearing. These are punk gang-bangers who should be punished to the fullest extent. I have no sympathy for the guy(s) who might say they had no idea what was going down. Tough ****.

Gotcha but there are elements to each crime. If your the defense and you can prove that one of the elements is not there then you get off. They are all being charged with Felony-Murder because a death occurred while they were committing a felony. It is now up to the defendants to assert their defenses, except for the trigger man. (BTW, I hope that they aren't cooperating to say that Eric Rivera was the triggerman because he was the minor in the bunch and thus safe from the death penalty) The defendants will all try to argue that they did not know that the triggerman had a gun and was going to kill someone. If they can successfully prove this then they will get off on the Felony Murder which is the stiffest charge of course. I think it obvious that the burglary charge with stick with all of them.

The main question is, did they have any intention at all of shooting anyone in that home if someone did happen to be there. I dont think the others should get the death penalty. i really dont believe that they wanted to hurt taylor. it was a tragic accident.

I believe that the only one that should get the murder conviction is the triggerman. If the rest knew he had a gun, which in all likelihood they did, then they should be charged with accessory to commit murder.

The reason why I say the likelihood of the others knowing Rivera had a gun would be high is the fact that they were all young and dumb. Rivera probably showed the others the gun while in the car or sometime before.

The other three should definately get the felony robbery charge AND the accessory charge, but they should not be punished for the stupidity of one individual.

BTW, they HAD to know he was packing ESPECIALLY the other guy that was in the house with him. Do you honestly think that they busted down the door and ST allowed him to reach in is pants an pull out his gun before he started to carve dude up like a holiday ham? Dude had gun in hand probably as soon as he got out of the car.

This has been really hard for me these past couple of weeks. I still seems so unreal. I keep reading things about the whole robbery and I keep thinking what if?

All I know is that we lost an HUGE part of all of us fans out there a little over a week ago and it is going to be a LONG time until we come to some sort of normalcy.

Archived