Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should all of Sean taylor's killers/intruders receive the same punishment?

JosephGibbs

A little off-topic for the thread but i've been corresponding back and forth with one of the friends of the killers. It's really disturbing the crap these kids do and believe in. It started when i saw the one kid who had his page saying to free all of the killers, i was so mad i let him know how i felt and its been goin on a few days now. soooooooo angry.

If this were the case, it would only make sense if after leaving the scene they turned themselves in and the shooter.

Since they never turned themselves in, they all should fry or get the injection IMO.

That's ridiculous. Just because they didn't turn themselves in doesn't mean they intended to go in and kill Sean Taylor. I would bet that you probably have a few bad things you did that you didn't fess up about, but were maybe caught anyway.

This "eye for an eye" thing is a joke. We'd be living in an even more ****ed up society if everything was done that way.

Yes! And I am not just saying that because it was ST. A man died in the commission of a felony that all 4 were committing. I don't care if they didn't intend for it to happen or no one else knew there was a gun. A man died while they were breaking the law. There are consequences for every action we take, and they will now learn that the hard way.

A little off-topic for the thread but i've been corresponding back and forth with one of the friends of the killers. It's really disturbing the crap these kids do and believe in. It started when i saw the one kid who had his page saying to free all of the killers, i was so mad i let him know how i felt and its been goin on a few days now. soooooooo angry.

What are they saying to you?

Yes! And I am not just saying that because it was ST. A man died in the commission of a felony that all 4 were committing. I don't care if they didn't intend for it to happen or no one else knew there was a gun. A man died while they were breaking the law. There are consequences for every action we take, and they will now learn that the hard way.

Exactly!

The ironic thing about this case is that because the shooter was only 17, he cannot be sentenced to death, but the other three can under the felony murder law in Florida. They'll all probably get LWOP, though...fine by me...knowing they'll all be getting new names like "Debra" and "Susan" in the joint, and be getting assraped every day for the rest of their miserable lives, fills me with joy. :D

Death penalty for all the scum invaders. All legal bills including Seans medical must be paid in full by the trash parents of all the killers. Once the youth are dead the parents are to be tied up at halftime at fedex field at the 50 yard line and all 90 thousand of us can remove teeth and finger/toenails from them until halftime is over. Then we unveil Seans ring of fame banner and begin to let the healing start.

As much as I hate what they did, no.

Criminal intent is the reason for my opinion. Yes, they all had intent to commit burglary. Matter of fact, they are guilty of conspiracy to commit burglary which carries a heavier penalty in most states.

For me, and for most folks associated with criminal law criminal intent is the deciding factor. You have to be able to show that someone had the intent to do something, it's ultimatly the difference between an accident and an actual crime or something that's criminal.

I personally don't feel that three other men should be punished because one of them is/was the responsible party in ST's death. Don't get me wrong they're still guilty of breaking at least one law and should serve time for that. But if I were the prosecutor I'd put all my eggs in one basket and go after the shooter.

criminal intent has nothing to do with felony-murder, since it's a strict liability crime.

as long as the prosecutor can prove the burglary, you don't have to prove any intent for the felony-murder, it happened, guilty as long as they're guilty of the underlying felony.

by the way... can we get a sticky at some point, because i feel like i've made about 10 posts (along with a number of others) outlining how felony-murder works, and how you cannot execute juveniles. can we just have a sticky with the relevant law for everyone to access?

Archived