Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Punt Returns....

Dccat

I know alot has gone on with us,BUT we have to find someone besides Keenan to return punts when El is hurting. We need someone who is a threat to take it to the house,We are not potent enough offensively to just concead punt returns.I know James is out, and altho steady he really isn't a threat either.Maybe Caldwell....I don't know? but we need some speed back there.

I never understood the idea of putting the oldest WR in the league, who was never a burner to begin with as a punt returner. He will never break one. The other team knows he will never break one.

I know he has sure hands but is there no other offensive player or sure handed defensive player with sure hands. I mean anybody.

I agree.

Realize that Keenan is our THIRD STRING punt returner, behind Randle-El and Thrash. So a few weeks ago, the team probably didn't even contemplate Keenan being back there. But now that its been a couple weeks with non-production there, it's time to get Rock shagging punts in practice.

The reason why he is out there is just to catch the ball. No real reason to put the ball on the ground during a punt return attempt. We do enough of that throughout the game.

Let Keenan catch it and start with offense. No one has the experience outisde of ARE right now.

There will be 1,000 threads starting once we put a guy back there with no game time experience and he fumbles.

Get used to Keenan back there.

I don't understand why they won't put Moss back there from time to time. I'm sure they don't want to risk him, but other teams aren't afraid to put top players back there when they're looking for a play. The Ravens will put Ed Reed in to PR sometimes. Dallas will put Newman back there. The Packers with Charles Woodson.

Holy crap, Keenan is terrible at returning punts. Combine that with his alligator arms in the Dallas game, and his CRUCIAL drop against Tampa, and I don't know why he is still on the roster. :doh:

EDIT: I'd rather have butterfingers Brown back there returning kicks - because at least he had a shot of taking one to the house. :(

i vote for santana (hopefully ARE is back tonight though) Betts, Cartwright.... hell, just about anyone who could advance the ball 10 yards or so, all he does is fair catch or let the ball bounce- that may have cost us the game last week, allowing poor field position which resulted in a safety.

I'd actually like to see how Torrence would do. He was obviously better known for his CB skills at Stanford, but he originally started off his non-redshirt freshman season there taking back returns as well. His Stanford bio says his return average was only 15 yards, though. Also ran track in college in the 100/200. Don't know what he did for the Falcons as a rookie.

We need to fool around with that position, see who works out at least for now.

The reason why he is out there is just to catch the ball. No real reason to put the ball on the ground during a punt return attempt. We do enough of that throughout the game.

Let Keenan catch it and start with offense. No one has the experience outisde of ARE right now.

There will be 1,000 threads starting once we put a guy back there with no game time experience and he fumbles.

Get used to Keenan back there.

Absolutely right. Maybe there is someone else on the roster who can return punts, be a threat and be reliable at holding onto the ball, but I haven't seen them (it won't be Moss, he has had enough trouble staying healthy as is).

If there is no one else who can do it, might as well have a guy who won't cough the ball up.

Archived