Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Lavar done ?

shuler74

I think he meant that there has been no laughter in his life since the tragedy.

LaVar is retired and he is probably not in any shape to play football. I think he just wanted to be part of the Redskins family again.

Yeah, you are probably right. If so I apoligize for posting that. I would hope no skins fan would say something like that as a joke.

Does anybody know the status of Lavar's injuries in his motorcycle accident and know if he is going to ever going to play again ? If so what are the chances he resigns with the skins?

At the funeral today . When I saw Lavar walk on stage I couldn't believe my eyes. The man is bent over and walks real tenderly. Hobbled it seems. His speach was touching and brought the house to tears. (myself included) If you recall he was our Sean Taylor at one time, until we felt he turned his back on us. I have to say I felt ashamed of myself for saying all the bad things I've said about him. He sees the errors of his ways and his eyes are wide open noe. It's just too bad with his injuries I don't think we will ever see him play football again.

I'll grant you that. But LA's knee is gone. Bone on bone apparently. By the looks of him, he is either off the juice (?) and/or out of the gym. He CANNOT play, regardless of the other stuff. He proved that in NY.

Turbo,

i'm with you..... i'm not/ nor am I one of the ones suggesting he play again. I was just addressing the hate for him here.

especially since he WAS the face of the team 5 years ago.

He repaired a bridge today for sure. I don't think he will be healthy enough to play he looks like a basketball player now he is skinny and his arm looks like it had muscle removed.

Oh I guess he repaired a bridge with the mods here too :laugh: these threads are not being banished to Around the NFL like they were last year.

I really enjoyed LaVar's speech today, but guys...let's get real here. Why in earth would the Redskins sign him? You all are thinking about this from a fan-sentimental POV. Forget about the bridges he burned here and just think about our LB situation next year: Washington (OLB) and Rocky (OLB) will be the starters, obviously, and Blades plays all three spots. Watching Blades in the pre-season, I came away very impressed. He's a nice utility LB that we DRAFTED and can develop. No way can banged up LaVar offer more athletically than Blades at this stage in his career, and besides, don't you all want to develop drafted talent?

So we bring in Lavar to be a fifth LB?

Heck, even Godfrey has more to offer than LaVar off the bench.

Like I said, great, great speech that moved me to tears, but we have two young OLB'ers that we recently drafted that need to come first.

I would actually like to see LaVar replace Sam Huff in the radio booth.

He's done, as a Redskin.

His crocodile tears today did nothing to erase calling our management and coaches a bunch of liars and thieves. Even if he apologized OFF camera to them, he made the charges ON camera. So, any apology should also be done in full view, IMO.

Just say no to the drama queen.

I have no ill will towards the man. I suspect he will try to come back and play for someone, though I doubt it will be the Skins. With the leg injuries his speed and hitting in space, the strengths of his play will be negaited and he will never be the player he could/should have been.

It's a shame really.

Yeah, you are probably right. If so I apoligize for posting that. I would hope no skins fan would say something like that as a joke.
Seriously, I haven't laughed since Sean was murdered, meaning it has been a dreary week just shaking my head wondering why.

But I got a kick out of this thread. I knew the LaVar guys were still here, much like the Ramsey fans who are lurking and just waiting for JC to go down and start their "bring back the Ramz" campaign. We still have MB supporters too.

I myself was a LA fan in his heyday. But anyone who has been in his presence picks up on how full of himself he is in just a few seconds. He made Joe Theisman look humble. An exact opposite of ST. Personality aside, the guy used up his knees. They are gone. And mentally, he could not abandon his lone wolf QB stalker ways that he built his reputation on to contribute effectively within a GW scheme. No discipline. I'm not claiming GW uses his available talent properly, but he is the General and one soldier trying to win the battle on his own can lose the war for everybody.

If you can, go back and watch some of LA's games. Everybody remembers those big hits and knocking Aikman into Orange Parking. But we lost that game and many others. You never blamed Lavar for the big gains on us because he was nowhere near the play. Point is, the hole was where LA was supposed to be.

But LA did have some good on-camera words for Sean. So did Theisman, and I appreciate that.

:bearsuck:

I think Dan may let him be a Redskin for 1 day, just so he can retire a Redskin, any other way I just don't see it happening at all.

LA knows Snyder loves signing over the hill players to big contracts, maybe he is looking for another big payday...

I was a big LA supporter for most of his 1st tour in DC but I thought he was out of line the way he left...

:logo:

Wow it is amazing the vile people still spew his way, I guess all you here still hating him walk with God huh? LaVar was our first ST and he was my favorite player. He looks like he will never play again and that is sad. I would welcome him back with open arms and wish these malice self rightgeous people here would just go be Dallas fans. I hope God and Jesus has more mercy and forgiveness for you all then you all show LaVar

Does anybody know the status of Lavar's injuries in his motorcycle accident and know if he is going to ever going to play again ? If so what are the chances he resigns with the skins?

For all you Lavar haters out there. He gave 1 hellofva speech today that was very emotional and moving. I actually talked with him after the service and he seemed so humble and appraciative.

He basically said in his speech, that that Sean has changed him in a way that he can not explain. He credits Sean for being inspirational and realizing that you should never take anything for granted and he said he was guilty of this many times. He broke down and lost it when he said..............

When Sean was drafted and became a Redskin he (Lavar) was like his gardian angel and mentor. He said and I quote "as it turns out Sean was really here as my guardian angel"

I still love Lavar......

and for the record, I have no respect for the Rev. Jesse Jackson.

He picked this time to voice his political views and talked about gun laws. Im sure I will take some heat from some on my view and opinion......but I think it was classless and tasteless to use this stage for your views on the "right to bear arms" and call for tougher gun laws...just my opinion

I loved LaVar when he was here. By far my favorite player when he was here. That was one of my few negative memories from that 2005 season was that relationship with the coaching staff/ownership and Arrington. I always felt that both sides were at fault (like former LB coach Lindsey, who always seemed to take shots at Arrington in the media). As a coach, he should've tried to help Arrington, but it just seemed like he didn't want to deal with him.

Yes, he freelanced plenty in his early years, but I felt that he had improved in that aspect, and he was still making plays in that 2nd half of 2005 when our defense became dominant.

However, Arrington's greatness came from his amazing athleticism (much like Taylor in terms of his level). With his multiple knee surgeries, torn Achilles' tendon, and most especially the motorcycle crash in June of this year, I don't think he can really perform on a football field again.

An article from Sept. 23 can reveal a lot about how LaVar's life has changed since he was blowing up RBs and QBs.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2007/09/23/2007-09-23_lavar_arrington_gives_first_interview_si.html

The 6-3 linebacker who was built like a Mack truck and hit like one is almost unrecognizable to former teammates who have seen him. While his face is unscathed due to the fact that he was wearing a helmet, Arrington's body looks more like that of a small forward than one of the NFL's most intimidating linebackers. He weighs just 235 pounds, down from the 260 he played at last year with the Giants before suffering a season-ending torn Achilles six games into the season.

Arrington says his kidney is fine. But his right arm, once bulging with Popeye muscles, is frail and weak. Having just had his cast removed not too long ago, Arrington has a white wrap on his forearm that covers a nasty scar. With a couple of surgically-inserted rods in his reconstructed arm, the man who ended Troy Aikman's career with a punishing hit can barely squeeze a reporter's arm.

Also, the link has some of his frustrated and disrespected thoughts about the organization. Really, it's a case where LaVar was always an emotional player who gave it everything and expected to be the spotlight. His fall from face of franchise to benchwarmer was incredible, something I still shake my head at how it happened.

During his work with Comcast this season, he's said how DC is his true home, and I feel that his attitude is more like Smoot's now, in that if there was any team he'd be with, it would be the Redskins. I wanted him early this offseason as a backup/situational player to replace someone like Jeff Posey, as an older veteran who could contribute on special teams and certain situations.

I would still hope that he could make a comeback through hard work and dedication. I would gladly support #56 if he comes back to the burgundy and gold, but honestly, it is a wild dream that has very little possibility of happening.

Archived