Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Lavar done ?

shuler74

I wouldn't object to him trying out for the Skins and trying to earn a spot on the team, providing he is willing to apologize to the coaching staff and team for the way he acted prior to his departure and the things he said after he left.

He still lives in the same place he did when he was here and is opening a redskins themed bar near the stadium. He has also visited the Redskins unofficial museum after his accident. Make no mistake he sees himself as a Redskin and is very disapointed in the deteriorated relationship. Dale Lindsay was a HUGE problem for this team and he and LaVar are both gone. It might be nice to give one of them another shot and it won't be Lindsay.

You know I'm wondering, Lavar was decent in pass rushing as I recall. Any chance we might bring him back as a Situational pass rusher? Maybe he could be a Special Teamer! :D I'd sign him a one year deal with an option to extend him if the redskins like him at vet mins ;/

Wow...

it's amazing the 'hate' here....

I'm MTU and Truman... that situation was NOT all on LaVar (contract) NOR was the mess with Lindsey and GW... what did GW do after praising #57 (I forget his name now) old man from the Bears.... he was essentially benched the next season.

let's be honest.... LaVar wasn't a saint... but neither were GW/ Lindsey/ Mr Owner

Wow...

it's amazing the 'hate' here....

I'm MTU and Truman... that situation was NOT all on LaVar (contract) NOR was the mess with Lindsey and GW... what did GW do after praising #57 (I forget his name now) old man from the Bears.... he was essentially benched the next season.

let's be honest.... LaVar wasn't a saint... but neither were GW/ Lindsey/ Mr Owner

I'll grant you that. But LA's knee is gone. Bone on bone apparently. By the looks of him, he is either off the juice (?) and/or out of the gym. He CANNOT play, regardless of the other stuff. He proved that in NY.

from his speech at the funeral I take it he misses being a Redskin

I took it as he just has a much better appreciation for life and the relationships within life... he appreciates the little things like the times and memories he spent with those guys. And he never got the chance to say (much like many people didn't get to say to Sean) what he felt about his friends and wanted to use the oppurtunity before. His whole point was that we take life for granted and sometimes dont use the oppurtunities we do have until it's too late. Each breat is NOT guarunteed.

Sometimes it takes a 800 pound object hitting you on your head and the loss of a dear friend to change your whole outlook on life about what really matters.

Kudos to him for saying what he fealt he should have said along time ago to his former teamates/friends. You never know if you're ever going to be able to say that again, and he realized that so he said it. You're next breath is a blessing. You never know when it will cease.

Never going to happen. Double Genius doesn't like him, and now he's coming off a major injury, and he's old.

OLD? He is 29

HE's quite a bit younger than most of the players on this defense. Hell he is younger than 2/3 of our current starting LB's.

Griff and Daniels are in their mid thirties.

Hecould make it back. He could, is all I'm saying

Lavar Arrington is Clinton Portis on defense.

He wants the spotlight, he wants the praise, he even works hard.

But he doesn't work smart. He makes too many mistakes and is unwilling to do the little things to make himself the player he mistakingly thinks he is....

The fact that a bunch of fans would hear a speech at a funeral and think...gee, this guy can still play football just shows how little they use their brains.

Archived