Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar Arrington Forgiveness Thread

glikster04

From JLC's Insider Blog:

LaVar:

[He started by speaking of how he is "guilty of moving on," in football, in life, not taking the time to look back.] "This situation has forced me to face those issues that sometimes you really don't want to face. You imagine that your boys and your loves ones are okay and always will be. Sean, I love you as my brother, as my friend ... the rest of my fellows and my teammates that I never took the opportunity to tell you how much I love you guys, this is the opportunity to do it. I'm going to miss him with all my heart. ... I thought when he came to the Redskins that I was his guardian angel. I know he was one of my guardian angels. He was there for me. Today, he's one of mine."

I never had anything against him but I did think he was getting bigger then the team at one point........my point though, is that football is a game and what the players, family and friends are at today is REAL LIFE. Lavar is a winner and life and I would be honored to be his friend. It would be good for all sides to mend the fence b/c you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Lavar has always been a classy guy. even when he was benched, he never ****ed about it. The problem he had was his first 4 years in NFL, he had 4 different defensive coordinators and each year he had to learn a new system. by the time GW got here, the revolving door at that position had taken a toll on him. he had some AMAZING games in DC. I really hope his career is not over. I also blame the whole contract problem on his incompetent agent, not him, not snyder.

Again

What the hell are we forgiving him for? He didnt kill ST right? Lavar was a long time my favorite Redskin, and I still have his poster up in my room

What the hell does he have to be sorry for someone answer me that

LaVar was always for LaVar. He lived his life with a reckless abandenment. He played the way he wanted to play and not how the coaches wanted him to. He always thought that he knew everything. I use past tense because I truely believe that this tradegy has changed him.

LaVar was always for LaVar. He lived his life with a reckless abandenment. He played the way he wanted to play and not how the coaches wanted him to. He always thought that he knew everything. I use past tense because I truely believe that this tradegy has changed him.

He(Lavar) had his faults but so did the coaching staff. Both sides had contradictory statements. Its kinda ironic that the main coach who had a problem with Lavar Dale Lindsey was let go after Lavar was gone. Makes you say HMMMM. These coaches kept saying Warrick Holdman played WLB better than Lavar. Whatever? Holdman was getting 1 and 2 tackles a gm playing weakside backer. Thats ridiculous.

Forgive LaVar? for what...

Someone else said it in this thread and I agreee with it...there are people here who should be apologizing to him...but he does not need our forgiveness...

EDIT: How's this for irony...or maybe coincidence...This LaVar stick up post was post number 1056 for me...weird.....

My take was it wasn't a one sided thing the Redskins divorce from Lavar -- the Skins embarssed him nationally with his benching and clearly Lindsey the LB coach crossed the line pubilcly when he ripped him before the Giants game.

But am glad Lavar wants to move on and it was touching to hear him talk.

He always struck me as a nice guy. So I have nothing to forgive.

I wasn't either mate, I just wish he hadn't said some of the things he said (about the redskins). Thats what I meant by forgiveness

By everything he's giving to us throughout the years, and expressed his love for the team...I think it was just that type of moment where he said something that he didn't mean. Everybody does that, and the majority of the time, it's to the people we love most.

Wtf? Is this why so many people hate him? I have always loved Lavar, and always will love lavar, and now you people are saying its finally time to forgive him? I dont ever remember him doing anything wrong...

I never had a big beef with Lavar. I unfortunately didn't get to hear him speak today, but it sounds like a moving eulogy in print and was no doubt more so in person.

No hard feelings here. If Sean's death proved anything it's that life it too short to waste on such things.

Archived