Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar Arrington Forgiveness Thread

glikster04

I met Lavar back in 01 at Fair Oaks Mall because he was with a friend of mine. A helluva guy and always loved him here in Washington even when they didnt play him....His speech today hit me pretty bad and I know his career is pretty much over in the NFL i just hope he cherishes life like the way we all should through this tragic event

I've never felt the need to forgive Lavar. I DO feel that there ARE a lot of people on this board who need to ask forgiveness for the things that they said about Lavar!

As we have been reminded this week, although we love this team and we love this game, there are WAY more important things than football, and losing your humanity because of your rage regarding things that you have no control over, and don't have perfect knowledge of, is terribly sad!

God bless Sean Taylor and his wonderful family. He is in a far better place today.

I went home for lunch to watch part of the service. I got to see Lavar speak - it was a good speach and very emotional. He said Sean's death forced him to deal with things he just was letting pass by - like telling his Skins teammates he loves them and the way things went down when he left.

From JLC's Insider Blog:

LaVar:

[He started by speaking of how he is "guilty of moving on," in football, in life, not taking the time to look back.] "This situation has forced me to face those issues that sometimes you really don't want to face. You imagine that your boys and your loves ones are okay and always will be. Sean, I love you as my brother, as my friend ... the rest of my fellows and my teammates that I never took the opportunity to tell you how much I love you guys, this is the opportunity to do it. I'm going to miss him with all my heart. ... I thought when he came to the Redskins that I was his guardian angel. I know he was one of my guardian angels. He was there for me. Today, he's one of mine."

I was very moved by Lavars eulogy. It truly goes to show that we can take nothing for granted. Lavar has pride just like the rest of us. Sometimes we let our pride get in the way of how we truly feel, as was the case with Lavar. Sean heard Lavars cries for forgiveness, and being the man that Sean is, I'm sure he's been forgiven.

I especially was moved by what Jackies sister had to say. What an incredible show of love and admiration. God bless you, Sean and the entire Taylor family.

Bring him back. Give him the opportunity to end his career here. Hopefully out of these terrible events, the lesson has been learned that life is too short to stay angry and that the opportunity to make ammends may not be there tomorrow. I hope Lavar and Dan Snyder can learn the lesson that life is too short. I think the entire Skins family needs Lavar now......

Bring him back. Give him the opportunity to end his career here. Hopefully out of these terrible events, the lesson has been learned that life is too short to stay angry and that the opportunity to make ammends may not be there tomorrow. I hope Lavar and Dan Snyder can learn the lesson that life is too short. I think the entire Skins family needs Lavar now......

Amen I agree

Archived