Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Disrespectful? Or am I just being overreactive?

pez

As mentioned here plenty of times, Bills fans as a whole largely respected ST and mourned his loss. I have gone to plenty of Skins games and encountered the most obnoxious fans in the world. Starting fights with opposing teams fans, swearing left and right even in front of kids, etc., etc. I do not paint every skins fan the same way, nor should you or anyone else do the same with Bills fans.

When there are many classless Skins fans in that stadium don't act all high and mighty. I especially loved when some Skins fans were yelling Bills suck during the moment of silence or my favorite... selling the beloved towels on eBay.

So you're saying that 2 wrongs make a right?

You can't speak on behalf of all Bills fans, any more than I can speak on behalf of all Skins fans (note that I did not do either, I used the qualifying word 'some'). There were some very classy Bills fans, who taped TAYLOR on the name plate of their 21 Bills jersey. I stopped them to thank them for that.

I also believe that most Bills fans must be true fans, seeing as how the franchise went to all those SB's and lost every one, 4 straight times. So I respect the Bills fan base as a whole, but I dont' respect any idiot, whether they're wearing burgundy, gold, red, blue, purple, etc. Trust me, if it were Skins fans doing the same thing with the towel, Pez' reaction would've been the same, I'd venture to guess. :2cents:

So you're saying that 2 wrongs make a right?

You can't speak on behalf of all Bills fans, any more than I can speak on behalf of all Skins fans (note that I did not do either, I used the qualifying word 'some'). There were some very classy Bills fans, who taped TAYLOR on the name plate of their 21 Bills jersey. I stopped them to thank them for that.

I also believe that most Bills fans must be true fans, seeing as how the franchise went to all those SB's and lost every one, 4 straight times. So I respect the Bills fan base as a whole, but I dont' respect any idiot, whether they're wearing burgundy, gold, red, blue, purple, etc. Trust me, if it were Skins fans doing the same thing with the towel, Pez' reaction would've been the same, I'd venture to guess. :2cents:

Actually I at first thought they were skins fans, I didn't find out till the very end they were bills fans, because they were in plain clothes. Whether or not it was a skins fan or a Bills fan, I just found it to be very disrespectful...

This was more than a towel... it was a memorial token given by the redskins to their fans on a day celebrating sean taylor's life. I see some disagree and some don't, it is just my opinion. I will move on...

If people are worrying about getting wet. Stay at home and watch the game. Don't go to an stadium without a dome when the weather calls for rain. The simple fact then when they were asked to stop because it IS disrespectful, they continued. KNOWING it was pissing people off. That is classless.

Just a towel? You get plain towels at the local store. This was a towel made to show respect to a football player, father, soon to be husband, friend, family man, who we are all mourning.

Go ahead and wipe your seat with the Terrible Towel in Pittsburgh and then sit on it. See if you don't get the same reaction that Pez had.

And if you are worried about people using a TOWEL on a wet day, don't hand them out. As stated many times before, the Bills fans that I saw honored and respected the moment of silence. I would have thought that the Skins organization could have handed out something a bit nicer than a towel to honor ST. I would liked to see a nice commerative printing, with some photos on ST, etc.

Side note: I used to live in Pittsburgh, they even use their towel to wipe the seat.

And if you are worried about people using a TOWEL on a wet day, don't hand them out.

unless anyone was a blind deaf mute, it was quite obvious what the "towell" was for, and why it was given out

it's is on the individual to choose how to use a memorial token that was given free as a way for fans to honor ST during the game.

Pez:

If you, Huly and your Mom and Dad weren't such dedicated fans ;) :point2sky

To use a paraphrase from Rev. Jackson today at Seans funeral -

Sean was a flower in God's flower garden (perhaps this was the symbolism of the kicker yesterday accused of crushing the flower)- anyway, our Washington Redskin flower was taken from us - WAY too early - way to early and way to violent -

but,

God left us with weeds- which grow in flower gardens and sometimes overtake the garden (disrespectul fans from other teams at the game- and some of the Bills fans some of our own selling the towels on ebay) to deal with.

God Bless you Pez - I would have thrown paper towels at them and taken their Taylor towels away from them ;) , I truly would have.

unless anyone was a blind deaf mute, it was quite obvious what the "towell" was for, and why it was given out

it's is on the individual to choose how to use a memorial token that was given free as a way for fans to honor ST during the game.

Perhaps they were honoring "in their dumb way" the kicker that Sean "smacked down" -

And if you are worried about people using a TOWEL on a wet day, don't hand them out. As stated many times before, the Bills fans that I saw honored and respected the moment of silence. I would have thought that the Skins organization could have handed out something a bit nicer than a towel to honor ST. I would liked to see a nice commerative printing, with some photos on ST, etc.

Side note: I used to live in Pittsburgh, they even use their towel to wipe the seat.

A towel is very NICE - what did you want, a white piece of paper with Seans number on it? Get a CLUE.............:doh:

what was disrespectful was how you guys thought we were scared of you and proceeded to start fighting some bills fans for no reason at the end. i watched some black guy get knocked out cold ( a redskins fan ) by a bills fan. it was the funniest thing i ever saw. after yesterday i could care less about your stadium, your team and your fans. you are a bunch of miserable people.

Uh, how do I say -

"Like we care about you and your opinion"? We think the same of you as we always have.;)

And, we hope God Blesses your player that is struggling to regain his life from his life altering injury - bet he would be embarassed at your statement.

I actually gotta say I was shocked at some of the Bill fan reactions. Being a Philadelphia fan I'm used to the moniker and have grown accustom to it. But when you think Buffalo you think of a midwestern town in upstate New York. At least thats what I think of. There were a ton of fights and Bill fans gloating like crazy yesterday. It was bizarre.

Who Del - I am sure "they think they are SuperBowl bound":doh: - We still pray for their player - he doesn't represent the Bills fan base.

I don't think it's a big deal - when it started raining, Redskin fans were using the towels as cover. Wiping the seat and using it as a towel isn't disrespectful as much as indifferent. If I gave someone I didn't know a towel that commemorated someone they didn't know, would I get upset if they used it as a towel? I don't think so, even if it was someone very dear to me; it's on me because I gave them that towel. It just means they didn't care the same way as you about that towel. But then, that towel wasn't really meant for Bills fans; they just happened to be there to get it.

And as for Bills fans being disrespectful, unless it was during the moment of silence... well guess what, they can cheer for their team when they win. It was a football game. Yes maybe in these special circumstances, it was more heartbreaking than most (I know I felt that way) but still it was just a football game. Remember that.

And also, always remember, 37-24 (only after 31-3, and then not really caring because Gibbs has never "really cared" about blowouts as much as Ws), if you really feel your blood boiling. That was still our last really great season, and it was capped against the Bills. The Bills are currently one of the most infamous teams to come oh so close but never quite far enough, so many times... so yes the fans are bitter, especially against the (more than one) teams that pretty much completely embarrassed them in the big game, on an international stage.

Talk about disrespectful. Lame post.

pBillsie:

You shouldn't even be on this board - what's the matter, no friends on your Board?

We will assist "our own" - you go play with your other little friends- your comments prior to this post is what brought out the worse in "X" -

"GO away" or we will ask the MODS to delete you - "get my drift"?

Again, it's a freakin' towel, way to want to fight over a towel.

But it's not a towel. It means something more to many Skins fans. If it doesn't to you, then that's your problem, but don't expect us to react positively to someone mistreating something we take seriously.

Furthermore, what's an autograph? It's a piece of paper with a name scratched on it. What's a quilt fhat's been passed down in your family for generations? A piece of fabric. BFD if something happens to it, right? :rolleyes: Objects mean more than what they actually are to many people, and the towel is no different. Have some respect for our feelings.

pBillsie:

You shouldn't even be on this board - what's the matter' date=' no friends on your Board?

We will assist "our own" - you go play with your other little friends- your comments prior to this post is what brought out the worse in "X" -

"GO away" or we will ask the MODS to delete you - "get my drift"?[/quote']

Why did you quote yourself? Just curious. And why can't I be here? After all at least one Bills fan should be here listening to Skins fans bash us, our team and our city.

But it's not a towel. It means something more to many Skins fans. If it doesn't to you, then that's your problem, but don't expect us to react positively to someone mistreating something we take seriously.

Furthermore, what's an autograph? It's a piece of paper with a name scratched on it. What's a quilt fhat's been passed down in your family for generations? A piece of fabric. BFD if something happens to it, right? :rolleyes: Objects mean more than what they actually are to many people, and the towel is no different. Have some respect for our feelings.

I have complete respect for the Skins and the loss of ST. Damn shame, young kid, very talented and most important of all is that he seemed like he was getting away from that thug-life attitude, realizing what was the most important - fiance and child. I have nothing but respect.

I was just finding it interesting how some skins fans can promote the harming of Moorman, say that they showed great restraint by not punching a bills fan in the face, yell Bills suck during the moment of silence, use their #21 towel as a cover for their head when it was raining, etc., etc. but the most important thing here is that a Bills fan used a towel to remove the rain from their seat. That's absurd to me.

I expected this thread to be about the ***holes screaming during the moment of silence, that seemed to be coming from the upperdecks. That really ****** me off that not only was that happening in any stadium, but happening in ours:mad:

pez, to answer your question, without doubt the bills fans you mentioned were disrespectful, good job to you and your mom for calling them out!

I have complete respect for the Skins and the loss of ST. Damn shame, young kid, very talented and most important of all is that he seemed like he was getting away from that thug-life attitude, realizing what was the most important - fiance and child. I have nothing but respect.

I was just finding it interesting how some skins fans can promote the harming of Moorman, say that they showed great restraint by not punching a bills fan in the face, yell Bills suck during the moment of silence, use their #21 towel as a cover for their head when it was raining, etc., etc. but the most important thing here is that a Bills fan used a towel to remove the rain from their seat. That's absurd to me.

If you noticed, there are threads that cover subjects in your last paragraph. Most of us do not condone violence towards other fans, but then we have visiting fans who act like jerks and want to start fights. (Case in point, the other Bills poster that talked about a Bills fan punching a Redskins fan...) I am not going to defend the asinine behavior of one of my fellow fans, but, in the same regard, I will make a comment on the crappy behavior of visiting fans as well, especially boorish behavior.

You are welcome here on the board, but when your fellow fans behave poorly or display disrespect, but don't be surprised when we comment on such poor behavior.

If you noticed, there are threads that cover subjects in your last paragraph. Most of us do not condone violence towards other fans, but then we have visiting fans who act like jerks and want to start fights. (Case in point, the other Bills poster that talked about a Bills fan punching a Redskins fan...) I am not going to defend the asinine behavior of one of my fellow fans, but, in the same regard, I will make a comment on the crappy behavior of visiting fans as well, especially boorish behavior.

You are welcome here on the board, but when your fellow fans behave poorly or display disrespect, but don't be surprised when we comment on such poor behavior.

Thanks for that post. I like you do not condone bad behavior by fans either. It's dumb and frankly people like that are wasting other fans time. Both Skins fans and opposing team fans. Bills fans as well as other fans throughout the NFL feel the Skins and their loss. Hell, no one wanted to run deep and across the middle because of Taylor. The dude was a beast and I know he will be sorely missed. Football aside, I respected him because he went from young thug, to soft spoken friend of players and fans and most importantly loving father and companion. THAT is what he should be remembered for more than anything else.

I didn't notice what they were doing with the towels, but there were a number of Bills fans around where I was sitting. Most of them seemed like they were doing what you're supposed to do when at the opposing teams stadium...respectfully watching the game and cheering for their team. BUT, there were a few that were completely disrespectful and mouthing off throughout the entire game, and especially after it. I would be shocked if they didn't get into a fight because they were instigating the entire time they were there, and while heading out. That is the type of thing people are talking about here. It's bad enough at any normal game, but this was not any game. We Skins fans were much more emotional than usual after one of our most popular, and most likely our best player was brutally murdered, and these people should have known better. Period.

And the towels were given out to honor Sean, because towels are something that can be acquired and printed on quickly in large quantities, and are easier than t-shirts because you don't have to worry about sizes. Everyone gets the same. So, no they were NOT to wipe the seats or be sat on, and anyone who did showed disrespect to the Redskins, the NFL, and Taylor's family. I agree with Pez's reaction and would have felt the same way. And pBills, he said he felt like he wanted to "knock his block off," but he DIDN'T! Feeling the urge to do something and actually doing it are two completely different things.

Yes, every team has ***hole fans, but yesterday was not the day for the ones who root for the Bills to show their colors....and unfortunately many of them did.

Thanks for that post. I like you do not condone bad behavior by fans either. It's dumb and frankly people like that are wasting other fans time. Both Skins fans and opposing team fans. Bills fans as well as other fans throughout the NFL feel the Skins and their loss. Hell, no one wanted to run deep and across the middle because of Taylor. The dude was a beast and I know he will be sorely missed. Football aside, I respected him because he went from young thug, to soft spoken friend of players and fans and most importantly loving father and companion. THAT is what he should be remembered for more than anything else.

Anytime, amigo. As a note, pBill, none of this is directed towards you, and I do appreciate your own words, sentiments, and feelings on this subject. As you can tell, for the Redskins fanbase, it has been a tough week (and even tougher for the players and family of Sean Taylor), and we are a bit touchy on this subject. I mentioned in a previous post that I had some good chats with some Bills fans after the game, and I do some there are bad apples in any bunch. Maybe you guys have had a rough season and some of your compatriots wanted to make themselves feel better, but unfortunately they didn't represent your city, team, and fanbase very well.

But again, thanks for taking the time out to post your comments - they are appreciated.

To a Redskins fan, a Sean Taylor towel is a Sean Taylor towel.

To ANYONE ELSE, a Sean Taylor towel is a towel with Sean Taylor on it.

I can understand why a Redskins fan could be offended by what another fan allegedly did with their towel. But you have to be adult enough to remember that other people don't need to get their asses wet just because your eyes are.

Archived