Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Disrespectful? Or am I just being overreactive?

pez

Sat with my mom yesterday as we were doing the ticket shift yesterday with

various folks, and a couple of fans (we found out later were Bills fans) were in

and out of their seats all game, getting up and down during plays, etc, etc, etc

The thing that I found (and I may be wrong here) extremely disrespectful, was

how they would use the towel to clean off their seat, and then proceed to sit on

the towel. Now... because I was on an emotional rollercoaster yesterday, maybe

I was out of line, but I called them out on it, proceeding to tell them how

disrespectful it was to sit on a memorial token of a man who just died that was

given to Redskins fans. They kept blabbering back how it wasn't and just flap

their mouths...

I was about 10 seconds before I was ready to knock their blocks off, but good

ole mom restrained me..... of course then she started to give them **** too..

various folks, and a couple of fans (we found out later were Bills fans) were in

and out of their seats all game, getting up and down during plays, etc, etc, etc

how they would use the towel to clean off their seat, and then proceed to sit on

their mouths...

Pez, it's just par for the course on how the idiot factor has grown in the stadium experience. Between the shouting through the "moment of silence" to the drunkenness to the boorish behavior, going to the stadium is very quickly losing its appeal.

Don't expect class coming out of either Philly or Buffalo. Plain and simple.

I actually gotta say I was shocked at some of the Bill fan reactions. Being a Philadelphia fan I'm used to the moniker and have grown accustom to it. But when you think Buffalo you think of a midwestern town in upstate New York. At least thats what I think of. There were a ton of fights and Bill fans gloating like crazy yesterday. It was bizarre.

Seems even with such a terrible death in our Skins family we dont get any respect from any opposing team or fan. That speaks volumes for the current state of our franchise.

What can we do? This is the way it is. Sports as we know it today.

i just dont think people think about what they are doing.... they prob. did not even know what it was, thought it was giving out to clean your seats.....

And ya know, it quite possibly as simple as that. I hate to play this card, but this time I will. I've had a lot of experiences with death. Been there when they were dying and dead. That said, respect in this type of situation is ,as with many things, subjective. We all deal with things like this differently. At moments like this, we may say and do things we later regret as well,(I can assure you that my over-developed sense of gallows humor is something that I regret to this day). In this case, it's the same. How we show respect is different than others. It's not always upon us to dictate how others should show that respect. We may,(and actually do), feel differently than others about Sean's death and therefore how to show "proper respect." This has little to nothing to do with fans at FedEx. It's just people. Just that simple.

Pez, I can honestly say I would probably have done something similar at first. Then I would probably regret it later for the reasons above. Know what? There's the possibility that those people may feel a bit differently right about now as well. As in regret. Yeah,maybe you and a bunch of us are a bit sensitive, but there's nothing wrong with that either.

But when you think Buffalo you think of a midwestern town in upstate New York.

Midwestern? Upstate NY? Whoey...do you have a map? :doh: :laugh:

Buffalo is about a spits distance from Canada...they are like that because they are cold and bitter just like their stupid city. Soon they will all be hibernating under the 20 feet of snow they get regularly. ;)

Midwestern? Upstate NY? Whoey...do you have a map? :doh: :laugh:

Buffalo is about a spits distance from Canada...they are like that because they are cold and bitter just like their stupid city. Soon they will all be hibernating under the 20 feet of snow they get regularly. ;)

Talk about disrespectful. Lame post.

It's not always upon us to dictate how others should show that respect. We may,(and actually do), feel differently than others about Sean's death and therefore how to show "proper respect."

I agree. While I'm bummed about the whole horrible situation, I just can't equate Sean Taylor's death to the death of say, a family member. I never knew the guy. I can't relate to a lot of people here, but I respect their view regardless.

I don't think you are over-reacting at all. It WAS disrespectable, and it wasn't just a towel. Hell, it wasn't even raining *that hard* during the game and they didn't need to keep wiping off their seats. I would almost suggest that they were doing it purposefully, unless they were dressed in shorts or something and REALLY needed to have wiped off the water from the seats. Also, I probably would have tried to yank the towels out from under their fat asses, so you probably have a good measure of control.

It wasn't just a towel, because it does have symbolism to it.

I had a couple of good conversations with Bills' fans yesterday on the cash-lot bus, but I was annoyed at a small group of them that were walking through the parking lot, singing some Bills song and obviously gloating. I replaced their song lyrics with a few choice words, which made me feel better, since they were being asses.

Bills fans aren't Eagles fans, but I wouldn't exactly call them "classy."

I was really shocked how disrespectful the Bills fans were yesterday. There were three of them sitting a few rows back from me, yelling Redskins suck during the pregame moment of silence for ST. Those guys really needed a but kicking, I had to contain myself as I didn't want to get thrown out before the game even started.

their mouths...

Yes, you were completely out of line. It's a friggin' towel.

I was really shocked how disrespectful the Bills fans were yesterday. There were three of them sitting a few rows back from me, yelling Redskins suck during the pregame moment of silence for ST. Those guys really needed a but kicking, I had to contain myself as I didn't want to get thrown out before the game even started.

As a Bills fan, I too think that is bad. Sure say the Skins suck during the game, but not during the moment of silence.

I don't think you are over-reacting at all. It WAS disrespectable, and it wasn't just a towel. Hell, it wasn't even raining *that hard* during the game and they didn't need to keep wiping off their seats. I would almost suggest that they were doing it purposefully, unless they were dressed in shorts or something and REALLY needed to have wiped off the water from the seats. Also, I probably would have tried to yank the towels out from under their fat asses, so you probably have a good measure of control.

It wasn't just a towel, because it does have symbolism to it.

I had a couple of good conversations with Bills' fans yesterday on the cash-lot bus, but I was annoyed at a small group of them that were walking through the parking lot, singing some Bills song and obviously gloating. I replaced their song lyrics with a few choice words, which made me feel better, since they were being asses.

Bills fans aren't Eagles fans, but I wouldn't exactly call them "classy."

Give me a break. So now it's bad if your team wins and you sing? It's football. And it was a towel. Be pissed at the people selling it on eBay.

I was at the game yesterday, section 450 and there were a couple of obnoxious Bills fans behind us. Before the game they were there talking crap about the ST death, and laughing about it, and continued to yap throughout the moment of silence. If it wasnt for the moment of silence i would have turned around and punched them in the mouth, but ended up just moving down a few rows (saw some empty seats).

I have to tell you, i never thought Bills fans were so classless. I have many obnoxious cowboys, giants, eagles fans around me all the time and they were nothing but supportive of the skins throughout all this. Hell my biggest enemy, a dallas fan was actually rooting for us to win like it was his own team. He was truly pissed and upset that we lost.

It's upsetting how people can behave the way they do and show no respect for someone who passed away.

The simple truth is probably that some Bills fans didn't realise the disrespect in their actions and others did but didn't care either way. Sad really but that's human nature for you, it never fails to disappoint. :doh:

They've probably got a chip on their shoulders as they know they will be moving up to Canada some time soon. ;)

Archived