Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For All The Gibbs Haters Out There

KingSprings

Granted the Redskins did not play their best game of the year today. As a matter of fact I thought they played miserably. I noticed a lot of you calling for Gibbs to be fired. My question to you is, are you serious???

For those of you who answered yes, I have a couple of questions for you. How many rushing yards did Clinton Portis have today? The answer is a whopping 50 yards on 25 carries. You do not have to be a math genius to come to realize that this is a 2 ypc average.

Several of you have been calling for JC to throw the ball more. Guess what?? You have been getting your wish over the last few weeks. Has Campbell throwing more won us any games?? The obvious answer to this is no! He is a young qb and is getting better each week.

Did you see the atrocious play of the O-line today??? They couldn't get a push on a Pop Warner D-line. Futhermore, when JC did drop back to pass he had pass rushers in his grill every time. How can you expect to move the ball and be productive on offense when you can't run or pass?

Sure Gibbs made a mistake by calling the second timeout. This I can not argue. Did it cost us the game? Who knows? Lindell looked pretty good on the first try before the penalty.

After today's game I saw coach Gibbs man up and admit that he screwed up by calling the second timeout. However, I failed to see any player come out and say, yeah I played like ***t today.

I guess what I am trying to say is this. Stop trying to place all the blame on the coaching staff. Instead, call out the players who are obviously underperfroming. I'm sick and tired of all the "fire Gibbs" bs. Why not fire some of the players who fail to show up week in and week out?

:2cents:

I think our strength and conditioning coach needs to go.

Injuries, injuries, injuries. We have a healthy o line, 3 healthy starting WR's, a healthy fullback, a healthy #1 corner, etc..

We have a very different team. Remember how well we ran the ball in game 1. 170 yards on the ground I think.

Maybe we don't need to fire everyone, maybe the players just need to stretch more and spend more time in the weight room.

respectfully, all else aside, but the answer to all of your questions is still Joe Gibbs...

4 years ago, Joe Gibbs was brought in to be the GM and Head Coach of thise team...

if it has deficiencies or serious flaws now, FOUR years later, it is because the people responsible for building this team, and preparing this team, have not done their job....

certainly, I see your point...Gibbs is not executing the plays on the field...but the preparation and the building of this team, for 4 years now, is completely on his shoulders...

beyond the failures at the game management level, there are failures there too....4 years into Gibbs II, this is still just a middle of the road football team...in that same period of time the cowboys have gone from middle of the road to among the elite...same with the packers....hell the BROWNS have...we have wallowed in mediocrity...

that, for me at least, is perhaps the greatest failure of Gibbs II...

Actually a consultant the Skins brought in recently said most of the injuries were due to overwork. So instead of spending more time in the weight room , less would probably be better. Stretching is not going to do much for a joint injury, hamstring maybe, but not knee/elbow/ankle stuff.

I like Coach Gibbs as a person. But, after watching the Redskins since his return I can now only say they play like a poorly coached team and the in game decisions are not real good. Not sure why, but as much as I hate it I would have to blame the coach for that.

More than ever we need to hire a strong, knowledgeable GM who has the authority to rebuild this team from the coaching staff to the players. The Redskins need a new beginning with a bright young, innovative coaching staff and players who really want to win. Painful decisions have to be made in my view. We have to break this cycle of defeat.

I feel and hope Joe will resign making this very much needed transition a reality.

CP was absolutely right a few weeks ago when he suggested this current team might be blown up. They should be. We do not have the talent to seriously contend next year anyway so lets start to rebuild the right way.

Gibbs needs to go or become a sole GM. I'm hoping for the later. But Snyder is an ass and probably won't consider it with Vinny on the payroll. I'm very sympathetic for Gibbs...as most fans are. But can you get your act together and stop blaming fans for wanting change. All we've had is more of the same....more of the same. The status quo is not good enough unless sub-.500 season are good enough for you. We've all seen his incompetence as a game manager and the morale of this team is at an all time low, and was getting there even before Taylor's death. The coach is responsible for the success of this team week in, week out, regardless of circumstances.

Stop living in the past people. It's sad, but Gibbs does not have the ability to coach anymore, obviously, so let's move on for the team. I'm tired of being disappointed every week because of ****ty playcalling FROM GIBBS, but nooooooooo people defend him for some odd reason. Jesus!

KingSprings, I totally agree with you on every point. Everyone has seem to forgotten that a young QB threw a couple of interceptions to end the Dallas game - a game that was within the Skins grasp. 6 turnovers last week at Tampa - very few teams have ever overcome that many mistakes. That was also a game within the Skins grasp. Gibbs has put this team in position to be 9-3, yet, for the last 4 games, the PLAYERS have not performed. I'm not for bashing on the team right now, but to defend Gibbs, I will call it as I see it. This team should be at least 9-3, if not 11-1. They gave those other 6 losses away mostly through turnovers and a lack of execution, not bad coaching. Gibbs will get this team to elite status before he's done. Redskins fans should take a page from the Steelers and stick behind their coach. That's how you get championships! The Patriots are a fluke. The Steelers and Colts stuck behind their coach, even after bad seasons, and it paid off.

gibbs is downright terrible. i know it was a tragic week, but this nonsense was going on long before taylor passed. you cant blame taylors death for how we played, we looked the same as we always do. bad redzone, bonehead coaching, bad playcalling (where was the no huddle today???), and yet ANOTHER BLOWN HALFTIME LEAD!!! count them ladies and gentleman: 5 blown leads at halftime. 3 of them have been at home, in our friggin house. we let a rookie qb with below average skills pick us apart today, and make key passes when it counted.

this whole coaching staff should be downright ashamed of how embarrassing they look. the one game we need to win for our playoff hopes, team moral, and to win one for the passing of our best player, and they STILL cant get one for us. unacceptable on so many levels.

come on you guys we have run in to some real bad luck. i think everybody is pressing including gibbs. besides the injurys to our o line. sean taylors passing r.i.p. this has been the most difficult seasons i have endured as a redskin fan. besides who will replace him ? what ever hapens the rest of the season think to yourself how would you be doing if you lost a good friend to tradgedy. would it make you a better worker? we lost a great player not for a few games not for the season but forever! did you see the look on the players faces that was a game they wanted.

I think our strength and conditioning coach needs to go.

Injuries, injuries, injuries. We have a healthy o line, 3 healthy starting WR's, a healthy fullback, a healthy #1 corner, etc..

We have a very different team. Remember how well we ran the ball in game 1. 170 yards on the ground I think.

Maybe we don't need to fire everyone, maybe the players just need to stretch more and spend more time in the weight room.

Agree with this one.

Yes I'm serious. I would take almost anyone else over Gibbs as a head coach right now. He is not just doing a bad job, he is doing an embarassing job. He is so bad he is not only NOT helping the team on the field, he is actually hampering our ability to win games. It's been like this for a while, but, to be honest, any of the fans that have failed to realize this by this point are just not very intelligent. I'm not going to cater to the oblivious anymore.

Yes I'm serious. I would take almost anyone else over Gibbs as a head coach right now. He is not just doing a bad job, he is doing an embarassing job. He is so bad he is not only NOT helping the team on the field, he is actually hampering our ability to win games. It's been like this for a while, but, to be honest, any of the fans that have failed to realize this by this point are just not very intelligent. I'm not going to cater to the oblivious anymore.

Intelligence? So now Redskins fans are stupid? I don't care if Vince Lombardi is the coach of this team. We aren't winning with the players we have.

I have some vague memories of the 80's. I think I was in 4th grade when we won it all in 1991, so I remember what Joe Gibbs meant to this team and to the city. I remember when he retired...

And I feel bad for feeling this way, I really really do. I want to think he can coach, I want to think he can turn this around simply because he did such an amazing job the first time around.

I won't bash him because I've got a lot of respect for him, but the writing is on the wall...he has to go.

Archived