Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For All The Gibbs Haters Out There

KingSprings

Gibbs brought in these players we have. Your whole argument about how it is not gibbs fault just smacked you in the face.

the people HE brought in are not producing.

and if they are not producing, then light a fire under their ass. does he? no. all he ever does is talk about jesus and "redskins smashmouth football"

REDSKINS SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL IS DEAD

Wait a minute Lord Gibbs brought in Mark Brunell :laugh: He then allowed Champ Bailey the best CB in the league to leave and gave another draft pick up for Clinton Portis who is a great back but just wrong for the type of offense Gibbs seems unable to rid himself of. Why Gibbs didn't go get a true bruiser back like Riggins? He goes and gets a 205 pound back that is used to a whole other blocking scheme again :laugh:

He then goes to Buffalo to go get Greg it's my schemes not the players Williams and allows him to bring in buffoons like Dale Lindsey again :laugh:

He then decides to go and try and get the smurfs again when his offense has always been designed to have large possession recievers AGAIN :laugh:

We just signed a 6'5 WR Anthony Mix and get in the redzone 4 times and Mix's number isn't even close to be called AGAIN :laugh:

But this is the same man that so many people are saying has more football knowledge in his toenail that we have together AGAIN :laugh:

His football knowledge is predicated on old school football NOT TODAY'S NFL it's a shame all these educated fans here cannot and will not see the forrest for the trees. And when fans like myself yell and curse for change because it's obviously isn't and will not work we are accused of being fair weather fans, there are some fans here that simply are allergic to the Gibbs aide we have been forced fed for the last 4 years, I want a new flavor to drink to wet my whistle. This Gibbs Aide 2.0, is flat, stale and basically nasty......:2cents:

the people HE brought in are not producing.

Your whole argument is also smacking you in the face. You just admitted the players aren't producing. So, then, maybe we should talk about Gibbs the GM. If you want to go there, that's a whole other discussion. Although, I think he's brought in some pretty good players. Some of them had record setting years a couple years ago and are just not having a great season this year.

Your whole argument is also smacking you in the face. You just admitted the players aren't producing. So, then, maybe we should talk about Gibbs the GM. If you want to go there, that's a whole other discussion. Although, I think he's brought in some pretty good players. Some of them had record setting years a couple years ago and are just not having a great season this year.

you guys are hilarious.

we say he is calling horrendous plays/ clock management etc.

you say well he doesn't execute. its not his fault.

so i say he brought in these players that are not executing.

So who is to blame then, if its not joe gibbs?

Snyder? he brought gibbs in. yeah, maybe its him

I will admit, the coaching staff has made some mistakes this year, but overall, the players have made countless turnovers and dropped critical passes all season long. So, in my estimation, if they're putting them in position to win (6 of the 7 losses have been by 8 points or less), then the only move they have is to either bench the players making mistakes or replace them. If you want to blame Joe for that this year, go ahead. However, it seems he's trying to put the best team on the field week in and week out. AND, Joe realizes it's a violent game.... he drafted Sean Taylor (R.I.P.), the baddest SOB to play safety in a long time.

Joe Gibbs DID NOT DRAFT SEAN Greg Williams did! We all know Gibbs doesn't believe in the draft, why do you think we have drafted basically nothing but defensive players with the exception of Campbell and Cooley and he is well on his way of ruining Campbell as Spurrier destroyed Ramsey.

I will go further and say he maybe finally realized that a black mobile QB has a higher success rate than the old fashioned type of QB he drove to FL to get, and yes Brunell used to run but the old brokedown version that came here was like a pair of 30 year old tires. Old and too much mileage.

Face it the players he has brought here for the style of football he swears by alone is an oxy moron in itself. Gibbs is much like the QB he brought here Brunell GIBBS NOW IS HOLDING THIS TEAM BACK AS MARK BRUNELL DID. :2cents:

Well, I'll agree to disagree with you guys on this one. I still hope Gibbs sticks around to finish out his contract because I believe he can get the job done. However, I refuse to be critical of this team and it's coaches after this game. What they went through this week, and will go through tomorrow, was by far abnormal for any team. I may not agree with all of Gibbs' decisions, but I fully support him and this team. Go Skins!

Intelligence? So now Redskins fans are stupid? I don't care if Vince Lombardi is the coach of this team. We aren't winning with the players we have.

He isn't saying that all Redskins fans are dumb. I agree with what he said. Joe Gibbs keeps looking like a High School coach at best (oh and by the way he is making 5 million a year and breaking us Redskin fans with his garbage. He allows players to check in and out as they wish, he calls running plays in passing situations and vise versa. To top it off back to back timeouts, C'mon man.

If you say it is the players my question to you is who brings the players in? Isn't Gibbs the Head coach and President. I agree some of these players suck. When players are allowed to give 1/2 an effort that comes down to the coach. Sean Taylor gave it all he had game after game so don't give me the bullcrap excuse. The playcalling was terrible before Sean died and now it is getting worse with back to back timeouts.

I will go further and say he maybe finally realized that a black mobile QB has a higher success rate than the old fashioned type of QB he drove to FL to get, and yes Brunell used to run but the old brokedown version that came here was like a pair of 30 year old tires. Old and too much mileage.

:2cents:

How the hell does race have anything to do with this??? That was probably the dumbest post I have read.

Well, I'll agree to disagree with you guys on this one. I still hope Gibbs sticks around to finish out his contract because I believe he can get the job done. However, I refuse to be critical of this team and it's coaches after this game. What they went through this week, and will go through tomorrow, was by far abnormal for any team. I may not agree with all of Gibbs' decisions, but I fully support him and this team. Go Skins!

Dude surely you know that these issues came well before Sean Taylor dying. Look at the Giants game, look at the Dallas game, look at this game. Hasn't Gibbs lost like 14 of 17 games they have led in the 1st half? If Gibbs completes another year mark my words it will be the same exact thing next year. Joe Gibbs just doesn't have it anymore, he is like Ali who stayed in the boxing ring far too long, he needs to bow out while he has some of his HOF credentials intact. :2cents:

Joe Gibbs hasn't been the same since he has come back. i think it is time to look for another coach. Just look at our team. We are loaded with great players but yet we never get it done.

This is true.

Gibbs is like a grandfather to me, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't react with a WTF to some of the things he says or does. He needs to step down, and the sooner the better. It's for the good of the team, as far as I can see it.

How the hell does race have anything to do with this??? That was probably the dumbest post I have read.

I say that only because look at the offensive line's play not only this year but basically the entire 4 years Bugel and Gibbs have been back. A black mobile or okay a mobile QB gives this or anyteam more chances at postive yards. Last I checked everyone is sniffing Brady and Manning's jock and they are many things but NOT MOBILE. So sorry you couldn't understand my meaning and sorry it was the dumbest post you have read, perhaps you might do a bit more reading :laugh:

I have to say, I was the first person to say that Gibbs must go, as a matter of fact I believe that was my first thread ever.

During this tragedy, I would not rather have any coach than Joe Gibbs, this whole thing was too much to overcome. Our players played inspired football and left it on the field.

The offensive line is terrible and there is nothing we can do about having 2 backups filling in on the same side. We missed Sean Taylor big time today. Again, I will bring it up, with him on the field, we would more than likely win the last 4 games instead of losing them.

That is not Joe Gibbs fault. That kicker was making a 60 yard kick no matter if we called 5 timeouts. It was not our day and it was not our week. One day it will be our time, one day we can smile when we hear the name of Sean Taylor...so will the Redskins. 4 guys were around the ball, and they still made the completion...the stars didn't align right for us and it still seems like there is a black cloud hanging over this team. I know that one day, we will be led out of this...we will have another young great safety that we can look back and say that wow, I wish he only hit as hard as Taylor. We are building something special...whether Joe Gibbs will be here for it or not, he is putting the pieces together...we do not need to turn our back on him until he is ready. He has a vision of a Super Bowl team...we had all the pieces in place, and now have something else to play for. Sean will be forever in the hearts of Redskins, but one day...probably not soon, we will recover.

You can't blaime Gibbs for injuries and this tragedy. He is a great coach and sometimes football can be about more than winning, it can be about class.

We need Joe Gibbs to be our coach...now more than ever.

I say that only because look at the offensive line's play not only this year but basically the entire 4 years Bugel and Gibbs have been back. A black mobile or okay a mobile QB gives this or anyteam more chances at postive yards. Last I checked everyone is sniffing Brady and Manning's jock and they are many things but NOT MOBILE. So sorry you couldn't understand my meaning and sorry it was the dumbest post you have read, perhaps you might do a bit more reading :laugh:

No perhaps I should be more racist.

I didnt know white QB's couldnt be mobile. lol news to me!

You have to try and get that last first down by going after it and not settling for three weak azz runs on a stout defense that had stuffed us all day. Despite everything such as not executing in the red zone like we have all year (coaching), making crititcal mistakes at critical juntures, the game was still winnable by getting one more first down to essentially run out the clock. But what did we do? We settled for three weak azz Portis runs.

That is why we lost the game. It was in our hands to win, but the continued timid playing not to lose play calling of Joe Gibbs II cost us yet another game. When you lose as many close games and second half leads as this team can only point to one thing -- coaching and coaching philosophy.

This league is too close in talent to be conservative. When you have a chance to slash your opponents neck to end the name, you have to do it when you can, you really do -- because if you don't, they can come back and beat you -- and they did.

I don't like that. I don't like not having the control over my destiny like that. Get that first down and "Win the game." Joe always settles.

Good coaches today know when to seize the momment and win the game in the momment when you can. Joe consistently does not do this to end games. He typically likes to relay on his defense to make one last stop when essentially one more first down would end the game. It drives me crazy. Would we have gotten the first down? Maybe not. But try more aggressively rather then settling for three weak runs in hopes the clock will run out on Buffalo.

Quite frankly, Joe is behind the times, and his second regime is showing it. After four years it is what it is. If this was another coach beside Joe Gibbs he would be on the hot seat for being fired. He really would.

Aside from a stretch in 2005 where we won five straight to end the season (against bad teams, Eagles, no McNabb, Imploding Cowboys, Imploding Giants, weak Arizona, and a bad St. Louis) this team has had one six win season, a five win season, and probably this year no more then seven wins.

The good news is that this teams is not that far when it comes to talent. However, the real enemy is not our opponents, but us -- has been all year.

No perhaps I should be more racist.

I didnt know white QB's couldnt be mobile. lol news to me!

I never said they couldn't however when one thinks of a mobile QB who comes to mind? Mike Vick, Donovan McNabb? or Tom Brady and Peyton Manning? I can only think of one mobile white QB and he plays for the Florida Gators. I again in no way meant that to be or taken as a racist comment. Jeez........:doh:

I never said they couldn't however when one thinks of a mobile QB who comes to mind? Mike Vick, Donovan McNabb? or Tom Brady and Peyton Manning? I can only think of one mobile white QB and he plays for the Florida Gators. I again in no way meant that to be or taken as a racist comment. Jeez........:doh:

Well whether you meant it or not it sure sounded racist to me.

I mean just read your posts.

I hope Gibbs finishes out his contract, comes back for that fifth year, and takes us at least to the NFC Championship game before stepping down and turning over the solid team he built to Williams and Saunders.

At the beginning of the season this was a 10-win team. This was a team that subsequently was forced to contend with a decimated O-line; a maturing young QB who still holds on to the ball too long at times, doesn't always protect the ball as he should, and still makes some poor decisions at the end of games; injuries to key receivers; and now the death of arguably its best player. Yes, Gibbs has made some poor in-game decisions. But he's the only coach this team should have right now, and he deserves one more year.

Consistent coaching overhaul = consistent failure. Have we learned nothing since 1992?

A previous post indicated that 'Skins fans who continue to support Gibbs are not very intelligent. Quite the reverse, 'Skins fans who think he should be replaced by Bill Cowher (15 years with the Steelers with 1 Super Bowl appearance and victory to show for it); or Jason Garrett (a two-year stint as QB coach for the Dolphins, who went 9-7 and 6-10, before riding a very good QB in Romo sits to pee to his current fame); or some other flavor of the week; are as short-sighted as Mr. Snyder used to be.

So kudos to Mr. Snyder for giving Gibbs four years so far, and a humble request that Gibbs be allowed to finish out his five-year contract.

We're disappointed this year, but we will not be disappointed in the long run.

My question for the Gibbs backers is this.

Do you want him to stay because of anything he's done in the 4 years he's been here since coming back.

or

Do you want him to stay because you're still thinking about everything he did back in the 80s and early 90s?

Because I think thats what a lot of you are doing and I really think they are two completely different coaches if not people.

Archived