Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For All The Gibbs Haters Out There

KingSprings

Granted the Redskins did not play their best game of the year today. As a matter of fact I thought they played miserably. I noticed a lot of you calling for Gibbs to be fired. My question to you is, are you serious???

For those of you who answered yes, I have a couple of questions for you. How many rushing yards did Clinton Portis have today? The answer is a whopping 50 yards on 25 carries. You do not have to be a math genius to come to realize that this is a 2 ypc average.

Several of you have been calling for JC to throw the ball more. Guess what?? You have been getting your wish over the last few weeks. Has Campbell throwing more won us any games?? The obvious answer to this is no! He is a young qb and is getting better each week.

Did you see the atrocious play of the O-line today??? They couldn't get a push on a Pop Warner D-line. Futhermore, when JC did drop back to pass he had pass rushers in his grill every time. How can you expect to move the ball and be productive on offense when you can't run or pass?

Sure Gibbs made a mistake by calling the second timeout. This I can not argue. Did it cost us the game? Who knows? Lindell looked pretty good on the first try before the penalty.

After today's game I saw coach Gibbs man up and admit that he screwed up by calling the second timeout. However, I failed to see any player come out and say, yeah I played like ***t today.

I guess what I am trying to say is this. Stop trying to place all the blame on the coaching staff. Instead, call out the players who are obviously underperfroming. I'm sick and tired of all the "fire Gibbs" bs. Why not fire some of the players who fail to show up week in and week out?

:2cents:

It is plain and simple to see and to deduce that the underperforming is a DIRECT RESULT of the lack of coaching. I will give but 1 example to give credence to my point of argument:

DALLAS look at how they were last year and look at this year and they have the same roster.

As the Head Coach everything starts and ends with you, Bubba Tyer not being the stregnth and conditioning coach is truly hurting the team YES, Joe Bugel's inability to properly coach and teach fundamentals is another glaring issue, however these pale in comparison to Gibbs who starts out by bringing in and betting the farm on Brokedown Mark Brunell, Gibbs reluctance to bench him when WE ALL could see Mark was holding this team back FAR too long.

Greg Williams is also a liability, he continues to be arrogant and foolish, you continue to start Reed Doughty when you could have still had Ryan Clark and or Omar Stoumire, he let's them go for a safety like Adam Archuleta :doh: . His allowing that linebacker coach Dale Lindsey to alienate players like LaVar Arrington, Anthony Pierce to name a few was another issue that should have NEVER occurred.

As much good as Gibbs stands for on a personal note and all that he did in Gibbs 1.0 we now see just how dyfunctional this team is and the coaching staff is leaving alot to be desired. This team and the players are a direct result of a head coach and when you have a head coach that is more like a old grandfather than a head coach the end result is what you see sunday after sunday, super smart players that love one another that continue to wallow and fall short. :2cents:

You can blame the players for lack of performance and execution BUT in the end the coach should be held accountable for what they do (or don't) accomplish on the field of play. Gibbs must go. The players are not even buying into the 1980's garbage he's selling at this point. It hurts, but it's the truth. His mind isn't even in the game, and I'll throw today's result out for obvious reasons, but he's been making FUNDAMENTAL gaffes all year long. I respect the heck outta the guy but his coaching days are in the rear view mirror. When you lose the respect of your squad you're done, that's what I'm seeing on the field.

Intelligence? So now Redskins fans are stupid? I don't care if Vince Lombardi is the coach of this team. We aren't winning with the players we have.

I think it's pretty obvious that we have a lot of dumb fans. All you have to do to figure that out is read this message board. Fortunately, we have many intelligent fans too.

When Gibbs took over this team in 2004 he basically had to blow it up except for the O-line. JG has built a nice team, but I still feel he can only take this so far and someone else can take them to the next level. We're in year four of this and we're injury riddled and can't hold onto a lead. Like I said, Joe has done a very good job building a foundation. I just think it's going to take someone else to take us to the next level.

I wonder what it would take to pry Jason Garrett away from Dallas.

You can blame the players for lack of performance and execution BUT in the end the coach should be held accountable for what they do (or don't) accomplish on the field of play. Gibbs must go. The players are not even buying into the 1980's garbage he's selling at this point. It hurts, but it's the truth. His mind isn't even in the game, and I'll throw today's result out for obvious reasons, but he's been making FUNDAMENTAL gaffes all year long. I respect the heck outta the guy but his coaching days are in the rear view mirror. When you lose the respect of your squad you're done, that's what I'm seeing on the field.

Yeah, well, people like to deny the truth especially when it hurts. :)

EXCELLENT POST.

And for the record, Jason Campbell manned up & admitted his mistakes that could have cost them the game.

And what class Gregg Williams has, when they asked him about the double T.O. call, for blaming it on himself for the Defense even allowing the kicker to be in that position for the field goal.

The coaches and players have a LOT more class than some of our fans. That's all I have to say.

If the team buys into most of this stuff on here, then we'll never have a championship team. Championship teams are built through continuity. That takes time. And sometimes that means more than 4 or 5 years. If this team changes coaches, they will most likely be starting over, once again. Then, 4 years down the line, most of you will be calling for the new coach's head when he hasn't won a championship. Relax, Gibbs isn't some senile old man who hasn't done this before. He's built a foundation of good players, he's brought in good coaches, and he's taught his team to stick together through thick and thin. Now, they just need to stay healthy and make plays, both of which they haven't had happen this year.

EXCELLENT POST.

And for the record, Jason Campbell manned up & admitted his mistakes that could have cost them the game.

And what class Gregg Williams has, when they asked him about the double T.O. call, for blaming it on himself for the Defense even allowing the kicker to be in that position for the field goal.

The coaches and players have a LOT more class than some of our fans. That's all I have to say.

Gregg Williams class isn't it easy to have class when you making what 2.5 million a year? Had he sent a exotic blitz he is always hailed as having that long pass wouldn't have even been completed. Face it all Joe Gibbs teams are nice as hell and polite and classy, the only problem with that is the win and loss column, mostly the losses. :2cents:

Yes I'm serious. I would take almost anyone else over Gibbs as a head coach right now. He is not just doing a bad job, he is doing an embarassing job. He is so bad he is not only NOT helping the team on the field, he is actually hampering our ability to win games. It's been like this for a while, but, to be honest, any of the fans that have failed to realize this by this point are just not very intelligent. I'm not going to cater to the oblivious anymore.

Agreed, Gibbs II is just not working out. I'm starting to notice if you take away the 3-13 record of Norv's first year you pretty much see the same results. Their records are in the same ball park. And if I stand correct the majority of us couldn't stand Norv., but then again I guess it's hard for some to take off the burgundy shaded glasses.

EXCELLENT POST.

Joe Gibbs is not to blame for this loss. Plane & simple the team needs to show some heart & play like they want to win. They can start by not turning the ball over..

I agree with both of you. However, Bryan, I think the team was showing all the heart they could today and wanted to win worse than any of us fans wanted them to. I'm just proud that they suited up today and gave it a try. It's too bad we as fans can't lay off them for at least a day or two. To criticize them after the Bears game, maybe. But, to criticize any of them or the coaching staff after today is not standing behind your team in a tragic situation.

If the team buys into most of this stuff on here, then we'll never have a championship team. Championship teams are built through continuity. That takes time. And sometimes that means more than 4 or 5 years. If this team changes coaches, they will most likely be starting over, once again. Then, 4 years down the line, most of you will be calling for the new coach's head when he hasn't won a championship. Relax, Gibbs isn't some senile old man who hasn't done this before. He's built a foundation of good players, he's brought in good coaches, and he's taught his team to stick together through thick and thin. Now, they just need to stay healthy and make plays, both of which they haven't had happen this year.

GoSkins28 you can have all the continuity in the world, if the coaching is lacking so is the team. See the Washington Redskins for that fact. Any coach in today's NFL that picks his players smartness over athletic ability is setting himself up to fail. Joe Gibbs needs to be reminded this isn't chess this is a violent game which requires a certain athletic accumen, not being a road scholar. :2cents:

EXCELLENT POST.

wouldnt it be great if class somehow led to wins? let me know when it does.

Intelligence? So now Redskins fans are stupid? I don't care if Vince Lombardi is the coach of this team. We aren't winning with the players we have.

Gibbs brought in these players we have. Your whole argument about how it is not gibbs fault just smacked you in the face.

the people HE brought in are not producing.

and if they are not producing, then light a fire under their ass. does he? no. all he ever does is talk about jesus and "redskins smashmouth football"

REDSKINS SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL IS DEAD

EXCELLENT POST.

they should man up to these mistakes, they made them!!! why are you praising them so much?

GoSkins28 you can have all the continuity in the world, if the coaching is lacking so is the team. See the Washington Redskins for that fact. Any coach in today's NFL that picks his players smartness over athletic ability is setting himself up to fail. Joe Gibbs needs to be reminded this isn't chess this is a violent game which requires a certain athletic accumen, not being a road scholar. :2cents:

I will admit, the coaching staff has made some mistakes this year, but overall, the players have made countless turnovers and dropped critical passes all season long. So, in my estimation, if they're putting them in position to win (6 of the 7 losses have been by 8 points or less), then the only move they have is to either bench the players making mistakes or replace them. If you want to blame Joe for that this year, go ahead. However, it seems he's trying to put the best team on the field week in and week out. AND, Joe realizes it's a violent game.... he drafted Sean Taylor (R.I.P.), the baddest SOB to play safety in a long time.

Why is being critical of the Head Coach the same as being a "hater"?

Those of us critical of Gibbs aren't hating, we're simply being objective.

He's not getting the job done. The coaching staff he brought in isn't getting the job done. The players he signed/drafted/traded for aren't getting the job done.

If this were any other Coach it would be 100% acceptable among the entire fanbase to call for his head. But because Gibbs won Super Bowls 15-25 years ago he gets a pass...not from me though.

Time for a new start. This team isn't going anywhere in its current state.

Wait, didn't Gruden just tweak T.B.'s sysem in 1 year and they went to beat the Raiders in the S.B.?

Didn't Marv Lewis takeover Cincy and at least give them .500 record and above EVERY year?

Hasn't Dungy taken over the Colts from Mora and now they have double digit wins every year?

Cowher did a hell of a job with Pitt., whil losing key players to Free Agency every year.

Holmgren has done a pretty damn good job with seattle.

It only took 1 year for A. Reid to get phill dialed in for 5 years of double digit wins.

once again 1 bad year of Belichick at 5-11 and he got N.E. Dialed in, and yes they all steal signals.

So enough of the "scared to change coaches in fear we might have more sub .500 years." cause this boat just doesn't seem to be going anywhere under this regime.

Archived