Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For All The Gibbs Haters Out There

KingSprings

I asked my girlfriend if she knew the rule about icing the kicker. She said' date=' "You can't call two timeouts in a row."

So, a 30-year-old, casual female fan knows the rule.

Our coach? Yea...not so much.[/quote']

Do you have anything intelligent to add to this thread? Please:(

Granted the Redskins did not play their best game of the year today. As a matter of fact I thought they played miserably. I noticed a lot of you calling for Gibbs to be fired. My question to you is, are you serious???

For those of you who answered yes, I have a couple of questions for you. How many rushing yards did Clinton Portis have today? The answer is a whopping 50 yards on 25 carries. You do not have to be a math genius to come to realize that this is a 2 ypc average.

Several of you have been calling for JC to throw the ball more. Guess what?? You have been getting your wish over the last few weeks. Has Campbell throwing more won us any games?? The obvious answer to this is no! He is a young qb and is getting better each week.

Did you see the atrocious play of the O-line today??? They couldn't get a push on a Pop Warner D-line. Futhermore, when JC did drop back to pass he had pass rushers in his grill every time. How can you expect to move the ball and be productive on offense when you can't run or pass?

Sure Gibbs made a mistake by calling the second timeout. This I can not argue. Did it cost us the game? Who knows? Lindell looked pretty good on the first try before the penalty.

After today's game I saw coach Gibbs man up and admit that he screwed up by calling the second timeout. However, I failed to see any player come out and say, yeah I played like ***t today.

I guess what I am trying to say is this. Stop trying to place all the blame on the coaching staff. Instead, call out the players who are obviously underperfroming. I'm sick and tired of all the "fire Gibbs" bs. Why not fire some of the players who fail to show up week in and week out?

:2cents:

AAAMMMMMEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I have a second on that! Could not have said it better myself!

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :applause: :applause: :applause: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

If the team buys into most of this stuff on here, then we'll never have a championship team. Championship teams are built through continuity. That takes time. And sometimes that means more than 4 or 5 years. If this team changes coaches, they will most likely be starting over, once again. Then, 4 years down the line, most of you will be calling for the new coach's head when he hasn't won a championship. Relax, Gibbs isn't some senile old man who hasn't done this before. He's built a foundation of good players, he's brought in good coaches, and he's taught his team to stick together through thick and thin. Now, they just need to stay healthy and make plays, both of which they haven't had happen this year.

AMEN! Best reply post I've read in a long time.

Im not dwelling over it, but I wasnt going to overlook it. Your in the wrong don't try to blame me. I forgot to mention how McNabb and Vick are doing so great this year and what they have done for their teams.

We all know McNabb and Vick aren't doing anything for thier teams this year, but that doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they are mobile QB's. It also has nothing to do with the fact that when one thinks of mobility they tend to think of afro american athletes. It is what it is whether you like it or not. The days of Hitler's thinking that white athletes are supreme are over and simply wrong. Also because this might come up later both races have very good and awesome athletes but just as some cops profile most young black men as thugs or drug dealers we all or the majority think of mobile QB's as being black. :2cents:

Granted the Redskins did not play their best game of the year today. As a matter of fact I thought they played miserably. I noticed a lot of you calling for Gibbs to be fired. My question to you is, are you serious???

For those of you who answered yes, I have a couple of questions for you. How many rushing yards did Clinton Portis have today? The answer is a whopping 50 yards on 25 carries. You do not have to be a math genius to come to realize that this is a 2 ypc average.

Several of you have been calling for JC to throw the ball more. Guess what?? You have been getting your wish over the last few weeks. Has Campbell throwing more won us any games?? The obvious answer to this is no! He is a young qb and is getting better each week.

Did you see the atrocious play of the O-line today??? They couldn't get a push on a Pop Warner D-line. Futhermore, when JC did drop back to pass he had pass rushers in his grill every time. How can you expect to move the ball and be productive on offense when you can't run or pass?

Sure Gibbs made a mistake by calling the second timeout. This I can not argue. Did it cost us the game? Who knows? Lindell looked pretty good on the first try before the penalty.

After today's game I saw coach Gibbs man up and admit that he screwed up by calling the second timeout. However, I failed to see any player come out and say, yeah I played like ***t today.

I guess what I am trying to say is this. Stop trying to place all the blame on the coaching staff. Instead, call out the players who are obviously underperfroming. I'm sick and tired of all the "fire Gibbs" bs. Why not fire some of the players who fail to show up week in and week out?

:2cents:

Maybe I have enhaled too much smoke from all the fires, but I couldn't agree with you more. :applause:

Okay let's blame Gibbs for the coaching gaffles and let's blame Gibbs again for bringing these under achievers in. Is that fair? When and if Gibbs leaves the under achievers he brought in here are allowed to leave with him, is that fair?

We all know McNabb and Vick aren't doing anything for thier teams this year, but that doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they are mobile QB's. It also has nothing to do with the fact that when one thinks of mobility they tend to think of afro american athletes. It is what it is whether you like it or not. The days of Hitler's thinking that white athletes are supreme are over and simply wrong. Also because this might come up later both races have very good and awesome athletes but just as some cops profile most young black men as thugs or drug dealers we all or the majority think of mobile QB's as being black. :2cents:

See your totally going the wrong way with this. I simply stated that what you posted was a racist remark, which it was, and now your compairing me to Hitler acting like I think all whites are supreme beings over blacks? What the ****? What you said was racist so stop defending it like it wasnt. YOU get over it and stop pointing your finger at me because I decided to call it out. You may think of blacks when you think of mobile QB's, but thats totally your opinion and in no way a fact.

Actually a consultant the Skins brought in recently said most of the injuries were due to overwork. So instead of spending more time in the weight room , less would probably be better. Stretching is not going to do much for a joint injury, hamstring maybe, but not knee/elbow/ankle stuff.

I like Coach Gibbs as a person. But, after watching the Redskins since his return I can now only say they play like a poorly coached team and the in game decisions are not real good. Not sure why, but as much as I hate it I would have to blame the coach for that.

the way gibbs works his player i wouldnt doubt they are not fully rested come game time..

gibbs should work more on the fundaMENTALS then the physical labor..

say you are a player and uve studied the plays mentally.. youve been in the classroom taking down notes joe gibbs been drawing up on the chalkboard vrs on the practice field or weight room all week.. if u are a player, which way do u think is more effective and will get the players more prepare and excited for the game... my opinion, studying the plays in the classroom is more effective because they havent touched the football in 3-4 days, thats long to them they are excite..when they see the football. they want to play. they are confident about the plays theyve studied all week. they arent burnt from all the practice theyve been putting in, but this is gibbs team.

its hard work, run run run, when we have the lead with two minute left up by two points..

gibbs play calling is a joke

See your totally going the wrong way with this. I simply stated that what you posted was a racist remark, which it was, and now your compairing me to Hitler acting like I think all whites are supreme beings over blacks? What the ****? What you said was racist so stop defending it like it wasnt. YOU get over it and stop pointing your finger at me because I decided to call it out. You may think of blacks when you think of mobile QB's, but thats totally your opinion and in no way a fact.

Ditto just as your opinion of what I said was racist. :notworthy I am at work right now and I canvased my techies here and asked when you think of a mobile QB who comes to mind, I had many responses of Mike Vick, McNabb, Gerrard, the Vikings QB. I had a few older guys say Fran Tarkenton.

So I am just saying maybe your age might have something to do with your perception of my original post. :2cents:

Ditto just as your opinion of what I said was racist. :notworthy I am at work right now and I canvased my techies here and asked when you think of a mobile QB who comes to mind, I had many responses of Mike Vick, McNabb, Gerrard, the Vikings QB. I had a few older guys say Fran Tarkenton.

So I am just saying maybe your age might have something to do with your perception of my original post. :2cents:

Hahaha! :laugh:

Here's a quote from your post.

"I will go further and say he maybe finally realized that a black mobile QB has a higher success rate than the old fashioned type of QB he drove to FL to get..."

My age affecting my perception? "A BLACK QB has a higher success rate at running than passing" So again, where does race play a part in this matter? Seriously? Manning isnt a great runner so that means they should rid him and pick up a black QB that can scramble? That's basically what you said. It has nothing to do with race so im confused why you used the word "black" considering it was totally unnecessary if you are claiming it wasnt intended to be racist.

My question for the Gibbs backers is this.

Do you want him to stay because of anything he's done in the 4 years he's been here since coming back.

Hard to separate the two. However; I can honestly say I want him to stay through his contract because of things he has done the past four years. I believe that this year, minus the injuries, minus losing Sean, this team is in the playoffs. And before you play the "injuries are part of the game" card... look at the key injuries we've had. Two offensive linemen, both on the right side. That in itself is big when it comes to a young quarterback. Then, 3 weeks ago, Sean Taylor is hurt. We win that game if he's not hurt. I would guarantee that. I also really believe we beat Dallas had ST been in the game. We'll never know.

Has Gibbs made mistakes. Of course. He's human. Today's mistake, regardless of how serious it was (and yes, it was) did NOT cost us the game; however. It's interesting that I see people jumping on the "fire Gibbs" bandwagon when something like this occurs, but I don't see people on the "get ridof JC" back. And trust me, I'm not on either. I like Jason. I think he's young. He's learnin

I just want people to look at the big picture. Yes, I had high expectations when Gibbs was hired as I am old enough to have been around in the 80s; but that is not why I think he will finish his contract. I really do believe he's "that close" to being a contender. I'll even go far as to say that; aside from all other injuries, if Randy Thomas and Jon Jansen are in for the season; we win at least 2-3 of those games.

This week, this team has gone through something that we can only try to imagine. If any one of us had lost a member of our family, our workplace would have given us time off to grieve; especially after the initial shock and the circumstance. The NFL did not give the Redskins family time to grieve. Not that they should have. I knew that one of two things was going to happen with this game. They were either going to take out their anger and grieving on Buffalo, or they would not be able to be totally focused because the death is just so fresh. Smoot even admitted to shedding tears the first couple defensive drives. I cannot blame them if lack of focus cost us this game. Were they trying. Of course. Were they playing their hearts out. Yes, I believe so. But the human psyche has a "mind of its own" and I have no doubt that if only for a split second, people lost focus today; and those people include the players AND the coaches. Was this what happened

when Gibbs called the 2 time outs. I have no clue.

Was that what happened during the turnovers? Who knows. All I'm saying is that for this game, I'm cutting everyone a break. Even the coaches. I've seen that penalty at lesat 2 other times in the NFL this season .. so obviously Gibbs is not the only coach who doesn't know that particular rule.

Yes, there's been mistakes. No it's not all Gibbs' fault. The players play the game and must execute wht is called. On the 3 field goals, if we had come out of those with at least one TD, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. And guess what? The plays called at the goal line always can be changed by audible by Jason. So he had the opportunity to change the play if he feels he needs to. And I'm not putting it all on Jason either. I'm just trying to say look at the big picture.

Yes, I do believe he has accomplished something in the 4 years he has been here. No, it's not a consistent contender for the playoffs as I'm sure many were expecting. But he came into a new NFL.

I just don't think we are that far away from what everyone wants. I really don't.

And at least for this week (including the Chicago game)... give the players, coaches, Sean's family time to grieve. The human psyche needs it.

So do we.

I was one of the people who said, after Sean's death, that the rest of the season was put into perspective and while I hoped they would win out if for no other reason, I would not let a loss eat me up like I used to.

And I still maintain that. What is eating me up now is the lack of space that human beings (the fans) are giving other human beings (players and coaches) to mourn the loss of a loved one.

I'll get off my soapbox. I'm sure there are those of you that will verbally attack what I'm sayng. That's okay. If that is how you need to vent because of ST's death, go right ahead. See.. I'm going to cut you a break too as I know you are grieving as well.

Yes, I'm rambling. That is what people do whn they hurt.

I'm sure some of you will attack and pick apart my words. That's okay. Go ahead. You need to grieve and lash out yourselves.

Hahaha! :laugh:

Here's a quote from your post.

"I will go further and say he maybe finally realized that a black mobile QB has a higher success rate than the old fashioned type of QB he drove to FL to get..."

My age affecting my perception? "A BLACK QB has a higher success rate at running than passing" So again, where does race play a part in this matter? Seriously? Manning isnt a great runner so that means they should rid him and pick up a black QB that can scramble? That's basically what you said. It has nothing to do with race so im confused why you used the word "black" considering it was totally unnecessary if you are claiming it wasnt intended to be racist.

Okay there Papabear let me get this all out as clear and concise as I can. Since I am a bit more older than you let me explain something from Gibbs past tenure here, Gibbs was against black quarterbacks and truth be told he did everything he could to get Doug Williams either benched or placed as second string. The remark of A BLACK QB having a higher sucess rate than the usual WHITE POCKET PASSING QB offers THIS TEAM, a better chance for positive yards. This offensive line STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN! Regardless of injuries or whatever excuses people want to use. Manning would not be a good fit here because this offensive line STINKS, Tom Brady wouldn't be anygood here BECAUSE THIS LINE STINKS! Jason Campbell has been able to avoid some pressure and sacks because he can be mobile, that is apparent by his average yards per carry this year. Maybe with all I have been through today and felt this isn't clear but I know me, I know I married a white woman and I know my grandfather is white and I have 2 kids from my interacial marriage so I know I am not a racist! So this will be my last post on this subject you took offense to what I wrote and your opinion is it's a racist remark, fine, I refuse to sit here and argue with a 21 year old that isn't my style and it serves no purpose. I have my own opinions and whether you think they are racist or not I don't care about your thoughts I care about what God thinks. :notworthy

Okay there Papabear let me get this all out as clear and concise as I can. Since I am a bit more older than you let me explain something from Gibbs past tenure here, Gibbs was against black quarterbacks and truth be told he did everything he could to get Doug Williams either benched or placed as second string. The remark of A BLACK QB having a higher sucess rate than the usual WHITE POCKET PASSING QB offers THIS TEAM, a better chance for positive yards. This offensive line STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN! Regardless of injuries or whatever excuses people want to use. Manning would not be a good fit here because this offensive line STINKS, Tom Brady wouldn't be anygood here BECAUSE THIS LINE STINKS! Jason Campbell has been able to avoid some pressure and sacks because he can be mobile, that is apparent by his average yards per carry this year. Maybe with all I have been through today and felt this isn't clear but I know me, I know I married a white woman and I know my grandfather is white and I have 2 kids from my interacial marriage so I know I am not a racist! So this will be my last post on this subject you took offense to what I wrote and your opinion is it's a racist remark, fine, I refuse to sit here and argue with a 21 year old that isn't my style and it serves no purpose. I have my own opinions and whether you think they are racist or not I don't care about your thoughts I care about what God thinks. :notworthy

lol, your not taking time to argue with a 21 year old, yet you sat there for what? like 15 minutes writing this post? You can use the "im only 21" defense all you want, but I wasnt calling you a racist, I was simply stating that what you said was racist. Whether Gibbs felt that way or not it was still racist the way you put it out there. So say whatever you want, but im not gonna spend 15 minutes trying to explain why I don't want to talk to you. I want to go and smoke my weed and go to bed instead of arguing why I think people should word their posts not to be so racist. **** this stupid ****.

lol, your not taking time to argue with a 21 year old, yet you sat there for what? like 15 minutes writing this post? You can use the "im only 21" defense all you want, but I wasnt calling you a racist, I was simply stating that what you said was racist. Whether Gibbs felt that way or not it was still racist the way you put it out there. So say whatever you want, but im not gonna spend 15 minutes trying to explain why I don't want to talk to you. I want to go and smoke my weed and go to bed instead of arguing why I think people should word their posts not to be so racist. **** this stupid ****.

goodnight and enjoy your weed :laugh:

Yes I'm serious. I would take almost anyone else over Gibbs as a head coach right now. He is not just doing a bad job, he is doing an embarassing job. He is so bad he is not only NOT helping the team on the field, he is actually hampering our ability to win games. It's been like this for a while, but, to be honest, any of the fans that have failed to realize this by this point are just not very intelligent. I'm not going to cater to the oblivious anymore.

I should say respect your elders.

I won't say I know more about football than you do as I do not presume to know your background, but I know my fair share, and probably more, because of mine. Gibbs is not hampering our ability to win games. He's doing everything in his power to win games; and at times he's is trying so hard, that what he does to TRY to win, may appear to hamper our ability to win. We, as fans, expect what we had before (or in your case, expect what you've heard about before), and what we are getting is being held to a higher standard.

If a very objective, and tactful football coach from a college can tell me that the problem is not Gibbs, then I believe him. And such a very blunt, tactful football coach who is in the Maryland Sports Hall of Fame has said that very thing. Gibbs is not the problem with this team. But because he is being held to a higher standard, he will be taking the fall for it.

However, do not call me "not intelligent" merely because I do not share your opinions.

1) We do NOT know what goes on behind closed doors. We talk like we do, but we don't. We do not know what discussions the coaches have with players, what Gibbs and Snyder discuss, what coaches discuss with each other. We presume because we want to believe that as fans we have the right to know all that information. We don't. Never did. Never will.

2) There is a continuity in coaching staff and players we haven't had in a while. Players do not point fingers. The concept of team that was missing for so long is finally coming back.

3) As much as people say "injuries are a part of football," we used up our fair share of injuries to key players by the time the first third of the season was over. THAT does play into what coaches can and cannot do. This is not an excuse. It's a fact.

4) Player respect the coaches, and more importantly, each other. The players were the first ones to come to the defense of Gibbs after this loss, after Gibbs took the fall for the two timeouts, to say that they should not have been in the position they were in to start with. And they were right. One touchdown instead of one of those field goals and we would not have been looking at that play. Minus one turnover and we probably have a win. Protection by a make-shift offensive line when we are backed up prevents a safety and we are not having this discussion.

5) See #4. You say the wrong plays were called when we were in the red zone? Jason Campbell can audible in the red zone if he feels he should call something different. No, I'm not putting it all on Jason's back either. But don't fault a coach when the QB has the ability to change the play if they feel it is warranted. If we call a play that results in a score.. Gibbs is genious. If we don't score, he needs to be fired.

6) It's the timing of the double time outs that caused the "unsportsmanlike conduct". If the kicker had not been lined up, the ref would not have called unsportsmanlike conduct - it would have been a 5 yard penalty. He wouldn't have given the timeout and let the play go, but the fact that the timing was such that the kicker was lined up and the intent was to "ice" the kicker a second time is what caused the penalty. Not the actual calling of the second time out. If a second time out is called at any other time not construed as unsportsmanlike conduct, the penalty is 5 yards. (I can give you a rule book reference here if you'd like). As for the coach knowing the rules here... I've seen this called in at least 2 other NFL games this season.. so there are other coaches in the league not "clear" as to this specific rule.

People want to blame someone. Gibbs is an easy scapegoat because he's the coach, he is being held to a standard from the past that he cannot live up to in today's NFL, so it is automatically his fault all of this is happening, "this" being the injuries, the lack of execution on the field, the turnovers.

And do not get me into the fact that this week and next are two weeks that in the normal workplace, an employee would not have to deal with "work". Nevertheless, suffice it to say that in a "normal" workplace, a person who has lost someone close to them would be given time off, to mourn, to attend a funeral, to grieve in private. The entire Redskins team, including coaches, have not been afforded that luxury. And to think that would not spill over onto the playing field is simply not logical.

I'll end my vent here.

Archived