Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boycott Merchandise NOW

mr.halfsmoke

Yep.. I'll be ordering the wifey her pink Cooley jersey today. :D

:doh:

Seriously ... please don't order a pink jersey ....

Pink, yellow, and all of those other girly colors don't belong on a redskins football jersey. Tell her to stop being so prissy and wear burgundy and gold.

Somehow I don't think that boycotting merchandise is going to make the team win .... Just my :2cents:

:doh:

Seriously ... please don't order a pink jersey ....

Pink, yellow, and all of those other girly colors don't belong on a redskins football jersey. Tell her to stop being so prissy and wear burgundy and gold.

Somehow I don't think that boycotting merchandise is going to make the team win .... Just my :2cents:

one cog in a larger wheel.

Have Redskins fans really gotten this bad?

No, but the team has. I said it before in another thread. Ever since that glorious five-game winning streak that launched us into the playoffs in 2005, the team has gone 10-17. And that streak was supposed to be this franchise's return to glory, something to build on for 2006 and beyond. Guess it was just an illusion.

So....will this boycott help them stop fumbling and turning the ball over?

If not, then what exactly does this accomplish?

I'm no contract/lawyer/agent or back office expert, but I'm sure there's a clause that states madatory charitable work. However, I don't look at a $10 burger/beer or pink jersey "charitable" ;)

I never have or never will stop being a Skins fan -- a "boycott" of merchandise is exactly what it proposes. What you do with your hard earned money is always absolutely up to you! More $ for Ben's Chili Bowl for me!!!

Fo' shnizzle ;)

So what will happen... well on the very very very slim chance that the Skins don't make their quota with skins gear, they will simply shift to another aspect...

For instance, they may throw in a couple more minutes of advertising and take away even more precious time from our beloved Redskins band thus making an impact on fans experience.

I joined the season ticket waiting list in 2000. My tickets came in for the 2007 season. Section 452 Row 26 Seats 13-16. I was on the Waiting List for only 7 or 8 years.

$3040.00.

That's it for me.

I'm throwing in the towel. Some other chump can have my seats.

I lost about $500.00 selling these on e-bay.

I'm selling all 4 tickets to the Bears game on E-Bay. With 6 hours left, the bidding is up to $45.44.

I bought a yellow Nike NFL Redskins Fitted Cap on E-Bay. I wish the Redskins were as good as that Cap is.

I'm no contract/lawyer/agent or back office expert, but I'm sure there's a clause that states madatory charitable work. However, I don't look at a $10 burger/beer or pink jersey "charitable" ;)

I never have or never will stop being a Skins fan -- a "boycott" of merchandise is exactly what it proposes. What you do with your hard earned money is always absolutely up to you! More $ for Ben's Chili Bowl for me!!!

Fo' shnizzle ;)

Uh....riiiiight...

So....does boycotting help them stop fumbling or turning the ball over?

Again, if not, what is the point?

No, but the team has. I said it before in another thread. Ever since that glorious five-game winning streak that launched us into the playoffs in 2005, the team has gone 10-17. And that streak was supposed to be this franchise's return to glory, something to build on for 2006 and beyond. Guess it was just an illusion.

How many starters have we lost due to injury since then?

We also had a major adjustment period with Saunders coming in and our switch at QB (the most important position on the field). While being 10-17 since 2005 is a major disappointment (because of how we lost some of those games) we could EASILY be much worse with all the stuff that has happened the past couple of years...

So what will happen... well on the very very very slim chance that the Skins don't make their quota with skins gear, they will simply shift to another aspect...

For instance, they may throw in a couple more minutes of advertising and take away even more precious time from our beloved Redskins band thus making an impact on fans experience.

Interesting. Hypothetically - imagine if the organization didn't sell anything for an entire season except tickets. Does it help them win? Of course not. Does it hurt fans? Nope, we save money. Will they close down FedEx Field or move the Skins to Alaska? Hardly :silly:

There will always be backlash, scrutinity and opposition. But a proposal to NOT buy merch for the REST OF THE SEASON (not forever y'all) is an interesting one. It's holiday time - root for the team, and buy yourself something nice in the meantime ...or help send the kids to college, haha!

So....does boycotting help them stop fumbling or turning the ball over?

Again, if not, what is the point?

Look, nobody here is a magician. But if any of you are - please magically make the Skins never turn the ball over. Either that or make the beer free every time we get a 1st down.

Obviously debating how we play/win/lose is not gonna cure defeat or frustration. But the 12th Man can of course boycott at least *something* in opposition. Give me one good reason why you wish to continue to dish out cash this season on merchandise? So you can one-up the guy down the block?

- Retail workers will not lose their jobs, sheesh. Calculate how many users are on ExtremeSkins. Chop that in half. Now multiply that by a jersey or a stack of nachos for the rest of the season ONLY. How much $ is that? Now, calculate how many Skins fans there are in world. Chop that down to 10%. Multiply that 10% by purchasing some kinda merchandise. Compare ExtremeSkins fans to 10% of all-time global Skins fans side-by-side and guestimate the math as to how much they constantly rake in with sales. Now tell me that a $5.00/hr worker will still lose their job ;)

- For any business, 1% to 10% loss in revenue is substantial enough to offer incentives back to the people who make their payroll possible in the 1st place. Read original post.

- I can't believe I just typed that

Look, nobody here is a magician. But if any of you are - please magically make the Skins never turn the ball over. Either that or make the beer free every time we get a 1st down.

Obviously debating how we play/win/lose is not gonna cure defeat or frustration. But the 12th Man can of course boycott at least *something* in opposition. Give me one good reason why you wish to continue to dish out cash this season on merchandise? So you can one-up the guy down the block?

- Retail workers will not lose their jobs, sheesh. Calculate how many users are on ExtremeSkins. Chop that in half. Now multiply that by a jersey or a stack of nachos for the rest of the season ONLY. How much $ is that? Now, calculate how many Skins fans there are in world. Chop that down to 10%. Multiply that 10% by purchasing some kinda merchandise. Compare ExtremeSkins fans to 10% of all-time global Skins fans side-by-side and guestimate the math as to how much they constantly rake in with sales. Now tell me that a $5.00/hr worker will still lose their job ;)

- For any business, 1% to 10% loss in revenue is substantial enough to offer incentives back to the people who make their payroll possible in the 1st place. Read original post.

I can't believe it either, because absolutely none of it makes sense.

Boycotting the Skins will not make them better nor give them incentive to play better. The players are going to get paid no matter what. Boycotting first of all wouldn't even work (never does), but if it did it would only affect the Skins organization (not the coaches or players). It would just make the FedEx experience even worse and things even more expensive. You don't want to go to the games fine...don't go. But there are 90K+ who would love to. How does making their experience worse benefit you?

Would you keep pouring money into hemoraging stock shares? (this is just a rant)

Can your wear a stock? Will a stock keep you warm when it is cold outside? I know it sucks right now with this 3 game skid but you need to give a better reason to boycott buying something other than the Redskins have lost the last 3 games.

I can't believe it either, because absolutely none of it makes sense.

Boycotting the Skins will not make them better nor give them incentive to play better. The players are going to get paid no matter what. Boycotting first of all wouldn't even work (never does), but if it did it would only affect the Skins organization (not the coaches or players). It would just make the FedEx experience even worse and things even more expensive. You don't want to go to the games fine...don't go. But there are 90K+ who would love to. How does making their experience worse benefit you?

Astonishingly, my post made perfect sense -- no offense, but I think you're just reading what you want to read, and hearing what you want to hear. If you don't wish to boycott, then by all means ...keep buying merch! Boycotting merch doesn't hurt a players salary or performance, exactly. But it can damn well save you money this holiday/football season :2cents:

EVERYONE! PLEASE DO YOUR PART TO OPPOSE THE SKINS!

God, some people are just crappy fans. :doh:

Astonishingly, my post made perfect sense -- no offense, but I think you're just reading what you want to read, and hearing what you want to hear. If you don't wish to boycott, then by all means ...keep buying merch! Boycotting merch doesn't hurt a players salary or performance, exactly. But it can damn well save you money this holiday/football season :2cents:

So what's the point of this then? if it's not going to effect the players or team in general, what's the boycott all about? You said in the opening statement that this was to do with the performances they have put in of late. Didn't see that it was about holiday finacial advice.

Archived