Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's all remember that Tampa Bay's defense is #1 in NFC

redskins59

If we can throw against a defense like Tampa, we can throw against anybody. While Jason Campbell threw two interceptions, and yet has to prove that he can win games from behind, I was encouraged by the fact that he threw for 301 yards. In the second half, the offense was moving the ball very easily. Gibbs made a few boneheaded decisions as well. Also, Portis, a veteran fumbled the ball twice, and moss fumbled it once. It was a bad day in terms of turnovers.

As far as JC's fumble is concerned, that is clearly not his fault. He was trying to throw the ball, and Tampa's player just made a good move. That one was Chris Samuels' fault, if I am correct.

Total yards by offense: 400+. Now, we just need to be consistent and stop all the fumbling. This season is lost. We will surely be better next year if we manage our cap situation. We are 19.5 million above the salary cap.

If we can throw against a defense like Tampa, we can throw against anybody. While Jason Campbell threw two interceptions, and yet has to prove that he can win games from behind, I was encouraged by the fact that he threw for 301 yards. In the second half, the offense was moving the ball very easily. Gibbs made a few boneheaded decisions as well. Also, Portis, a veteran fumbled the ball twice, and moss fumbled it once. It was a bad day in terms of turnovers.

As far as JC's fumble is concerned, that is clearly not his fault. He was trying to throw the ball, and Tampa's player just made a good move. That one was Chris Samuels' fault, if I am correct.

Total yards by offense: 400+. Now, we just need to be consistent and stop all the fumbling. This season is lost. We will surely be better next year if we manage our cap situation. We are 19.5 million above the salary cap.

The effort by the players today is unacceptable. They really dont care and it is obviuos. You all can keep coming up with excuses on why this and why that. But the fact is we are a losing team. They are teams with a winning record and not as talent as us. Thats has to do with the teams playing harder or their coaching is superior then ours.

Next year it will be the same story becuase we wont change our coaching and our players wont play hard. They just wanna get paid.

they had a rookie QB at the snap from about 90 seconds in to the game and they still did enough to beat us.

There is always a reason for us losing - never the coaching, the players, people screwing up, crap time management, burning up time outs like chocolate biscuits. Never ever anything to do with this team. Someone always produces a stat about the other team's D or offense, yards, passes etc etc

I'm amazed no one hasnt run up the usual thread of how we should be 10-1. With the usual claim of fact! its the truth! all you guys are just Campbell haters/Gibbs haters/Portis haters*....blah blah blah blah blah blah (*delete where applicable)

We lost. Again.

:helmet:

There's a difference between us now and losing skins teams of the past. There is hope...I refuse to accept there isn't. Past seasons I've come to accept it during the first half of the season I still havene't this year. There's something intangible I can't put my finger but it feels like we're close.

I need two things out of this team and FO - I need us to beat the pukes in the last game and we need to stick with it one more year. I really do think we're that close to something extraordinary and I haven't been one to say that before. Call me a homer but in the end that's what I am so it doesn't matter.

Boy, what an absurd statement: We have a good team but cant win.

Good teams win games, put up more than 13 pts and dont turn the ball over 6 times.

This team is bad. Face it and live with it.

It sucks.

Thinking the same thing on that post.

Our Skins are flawed. Deeply flawed. Those first 4 damn fumbles shows proof of that. Ridiculas. Bad teams like our Skins, Raiders, Miami, perhaps the Rams have games like these. Good teams like the Cowturds, Packers, Colts dont.

Lord. We are a joke. :mad:

The effort by the players today is unacceptable. They really dont care and it is obviuos.

As painful as it is to admit, I think you're right. What other explanation is there for nobody getting mad on the sidelines and rallying the troops. Someone should step up and be a leader (Fletcher, Cooley, Portis, Campbell where are you guys?). Hopefully a player runs across this. Step up.

Yeah, we suck so much that even after 5 turnovers, we still had a chance to win the game against the #1 pass defense.

Jason

And we had a chance against the Giants, Packers, Eagles, Cowturds. But this team is absolutely, totally, incapable of winning ANY meaningful close games.

There's always next season.

And we had a chance against the Giants, Packers, Eagles, Cowturds. But this team is absolutely, totally, incapable of winning ANY meaningful close games.

There's always next season.

Ah, so would you have rather that we have been blown out of all of those games?

Coming off of last season, being in the position of winning these games is a positive development. And yes, there is next year.

Jason

Ah, so would you have rather that we have been blown out of all of those games?

Coming off of last season, being in the position of winning these games is a positive development. And yes, there is next year.

Jason

Actually the Patriots loss was easy to take by halftime. I knew we lost. Chalked it up and went out and fired up the grill. These last minute heartbreaking losses are getting old. Same thing, different year. Redskins have a chance to win it and blow it. Something always happens to snatch the victory away and it's usually our own stupidity. So yes, Mr. Everything has a positive outlook, I'm almost at the point where I'd rather get blown out.

Actually the Patriots loss was easy to take by halftime. I knew we lost. Chalked it up and went out and fired up the grill. These last minute heartbreaking losses are getting old. Same thing, different year. Redskins have a chance to win it and blow it. Something always happens to snatch the victory away and it's usually our own stupidity. So yes, Mr. Everything has a positive outlook, I'm almost at the point where I'd rather get blown out.

I guess then you wouldn't have to care about what the team does.

Jason

I'm tired of all these moral victories.

You and I both know it isn't about "moral victories". It is about getting better, and this team is getting better. Problem is, it isn't as fast as you'd like. Personally, I wish we could fix all of our problems in one offseason, but that rarely happens to a 5-11 team that looked very much like its record.

I pretty much knew that we wouldn't have enough to do much better than 8-8 in the offseason. Not all problems were going to get solved.

Jason

Archived