Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Simple Q. Can we make the playoffs?

ItaliaMuscle

Who cares?

The question is "Can this team win the Super Bowl"? The answer to that is clearly no. We are too inconsistent. And even when we bring our best game like yesterday, we still lose to the elite the teams.

Who cares if we can squeak into the playoffs only to lose in the first round?

It's about championships. I don't see any chance we have to win one this year.

NO - especially if GUTLESS JOE is calling the plays, trying to reign in Jason Campbell, and opting to never go for it on a 4th down. Why opt for the 52 yard FG from Swisham? The team was rolling @ that point, go for the 1st down - if you don't make it - the Cowboys get the ball FARTHER away than they do wheh Swisham misses the kick.

Of course - "what if he makes that kick" - well he didn't & being GUTLESS once again keeps this team wallowing in mediocracy! But "i'm proud of our guys fight and effort out there..." give me a break!!!

Yes, but we really need a win streak to make it likely. If we could reel off 3 wins in a row (big if) we'd be in good shape:

Bucs W

Bills W

Bears W

8-5, then we would need to win 2 of 3 to gauranteed a playoff birth, or 1 of 3 to have a shot.

Giants

Vikings

Cowboys

If we get to 8-5, I think we are in good shape, but if we drop one of the next 3, then we have a tough road ahead. Strange thought, but it might end up helping us if the Pukes win out. That would put them in the position where the last game of the season didn't mean anything to them because they would be a game ahead of GB and own the tie-break. At this point, we aren't going to catch them, so I just assume have them beat any NFC teams they play at the very least...

I dont think they have it in them.

To many Injuries.

Tough games on the road.

Conservitive coach. Gibbs

Gregg Williams has been exposed By New England. Now teams have the Blue Print to move the ball on us.

Fedex Field has no home field advantage. To many fans sell tickets to opposing teams.

People dont stand up when we are on D. "Wine and Cheese Crowd"

Yea we played Well Yesterday, but was that because we were "jacked up" to play dallas,or has this team turn the corner and poised for a run.

Talk to me.

Between the Lions, Cardinals, Redskins, and Eagles - the Skins have a good a shot as any of them. Some have said our schedule is getting harder now but I don't see it. Campbell is playing great now, the coaches believe in him, I say going 4-2 the rest of the way and getting #6 is a solid bet.

Who cares?

The question is "Can this team win the Super Bowl"? The answer to that is clearly no. We are too inconsistent. And even when we bring our best game like yesterday, we still lose to the elite the teams.

this is a good year not to be the second, third, or fourth best team in the NFL. No one is beating the Patriots. Skins will make their SB run next year.

The question should be reprhased. It should read as this. WE SHOULD MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. I beg everyone to go look at the schedule for the Lions, Cards And Vikings. These are the teams we need to beat. Oh wait. We already beat two of them.

The Lions will probably finish 7-9. 8-8 would be good but there is no way they get to 7-9

The Cards could get hot and get to 9-7 but 8-8 is more realistic

The Bucs, stop worrying about them. They will win their division. There is no way Carolina, NO or Atlanta get to better than 7-9 because they all play each other.

If the redskins handle their business at home and beat Minny or Tampa they go. It is that simple.

We're sitting 7th in the NFC and play Tampa Bay this week who are sitting 5th. The top 6 make the playoffs. We're better than the Lions (6th), the Bucs (5th), and the Seahawks (4th). We've already beat the Lions, so in the event of a tie we'll get that over them. We should be able to beat the Bucs this week, so that would help, too. I personally believe we'll make the playoffs. I'm looking forward to playing Dallas again at the end of the season. How nice would it be to see them in the playoffs? ;) HTTR!

I dont think they have it in them.

Gregg Williams has been exposed By New England. Now teams have the Blue Print to move the ball on us.

Talk to me.

He had a good game [plan for Dallas: he mixed up playing pressure vs. coverage, which is what I've been saying he needs to do all along. Springs' performance was very disappointing, and Taylor was out. The only problem was the big plays to TO which wouldn't have happened (or at least wouldn't have gotten in the endzone) if Taylor were playing.

this is a good year not to be the second, third, or fourth best team in the NFL. No one is beating the Patriots. Skins will make their SB run next year.

Why would the Patriots be any worse next year? They aren't losing any major players, and should have a top 5 pick in the draft. They could be even better next year.

Simple Q. Can we make the playoffs? Thats the Question. And How?

If we win out yes it can happen. And in my opinion thats not that far fetched. The Cowboys are regarded by most to be the best team in the NFC this year and we played them extremely close. A few non blown coverages here, a run instead of a bad INT to end the game and we would have beaten them. Our upcoming opponants aren't very good teams:

Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Chicago, and The Giants

None of them are very good. They will all be dog fights but with some luck that no one gets hurt and playcalling like we had here yesterday and we could make it to the playoffs.

With that said I predicted an 8-8 year and I'm sticking to it. I don't think we can make it to the playoffs this year. But were building the right pieces to make it next season and thats a very good thing

Who cares?

"A" game? You call the defensive performance in dallas the skins best?

We have to win the next 2 games for sure. I for one am totally against the "making the playoffs doesn't matter if we can't win the Superbowl" camp. That's ridiculous. The playoffs are the difference between respectability and mediocrity, and once you are in, anything can happen. The only way to guarantee we can't win the Superbowl is to not make the playoffs.

As long as the math is there, we can do it. Once the math doesn't work, we're out. :D

My prediction on whether or not we WILL make the post season is: No.

Not because I don't think we are improving but because I just don't see room for us there with Detroit, Seattle, Chicago, and especially the Giants in the mix.

Also- We CANNOT stay healthy. We lose a key player (or two) every week.

Archived