Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Simple Q. Can we make the playoffs?

ItaliaMuscle

Who cares?

The question is "Can this team win the Super Bowl"? The answer to that is clearly no. We are too inconsistent. And even when we bring our best game like yesterday, we still lose to the elite the teams.

Who cares if we can squeak into the playoffs only to lose in the first round?

It's about championships. I don't see any chance we have to win one this year.

So u want a super bowl, so does everyone else, remember you got to crawl before you walk

I still think with a healthy Randy Thomas, and a healthy Sean Taylor...we can make it to the Superbowl. If we play the Patriots, we know it won't be that same outcome as last time. Winning the NFC is still very possible and we showed that we can hang with the best of em yesterday with a depleted line-up. Let's rip off 3 in a row and show the NFL what we are made of.

IF we go 6-0..Definately. In fact I think we get #5.

IF we go 5-1..Definately. We get the #6 seed. outside chance at #5, al;though unlikely.

IF we go 4-2..Most likely because the other teams currently at 5-5 or 6-4 loose 2-3 games each. Minimum.

It all rides on this weeks game against the Bucs. We need a win.

To get the #5 seed we need either 6-0 or 5-1(possibly) and to beat the Giants and have the Giants loose at least to the Pats. That puts them at 11-5. IF they loose 1 additional game ( Vikes, Bears, Eagles, Bills ) they go 10-6.

Arizona looses at least 2 games down the stretch. Maybe 3. To put them no better than 9-7.

Lions loose at least 3. At best. 9-7

Eagles. At least 3. At best 8-8.

Vikes and Bears and Pathers ( all at 4-6 ) loose at least 3 each. 7-9 at best.

Saints. Now here is where I see the problem. They MAY ruin the table. Howvere I see them loosing at least 1 game ( vs. Bucs ).

That's my take on the current playoff picture. I still like to say if we win, we are in. That's the best way to do it and not worry about the other teams. But even with a loss or two, it is possible to make it in, with help.

As long as the math is there, we can do it. Once the math doesn't work, we're out. :D

My prediction on whether or not we WILL make the post season is: No.

Not because I don't think we are improving but because I just don't see room for us there with Detroit, Seattle, Chicago, and especially the Giants in the mix.

Also- We CANNOT stay healthy. We lose a key player (or two) every week.

Well the Giants have minn new eng and redskins at home and 3 semi tough road games at philly, bears, and buffalo, seattle will win the west leaving them an unlikley wild card, we play chicago and the giants and we can beat them, and we beat detroit in atiebreaker and detroit has 2 games with green bay1 with dallas and are at san diego, next prediction please

Why would the Patriots be any worse next year? They aren't losing any major players, and should have a top 5 pick in the draft. They could be even better next year.

Patriots will have a top 5 pick in the draft? why?

On another note, does 9-7 make it into the NFC playoffs? If so, then we still have a chance. My worst prediction.. sitting at 7-8 heading into the last game of the year with 5 different scenarios, of which we need 3/5 to happen in order to get into the NFC playoffs :rolleyes: .You are what you are and we are an average team right now.

The Patriots traded their first round pick in 2007 to the 49ers for a 2007 4th round pick and a 2008 first round pick. That 4th round pick was used to trade for Randy Moss.

The rich keep on gettin' richer. Get used to seeing the Patriots at the top of the league.

why dont you follow your name and leave...YOU MUST GO!!!!!!

Who cares?

The question is "Can this team win the Super Bowl"? The answer to that is clearly no. We are too inconsistent. And even when we bring our best game like yesterday, we still lose to the elite the teams.

Who cares if we can squeak into the playoffs only to lose in the first round?

It's about championships. I don't see any chance we have to win one this year.

wish is were that simple....

The question should be reprhased. It should read as this. WE SHOULD MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. I beg everyone to go look at the schedule for the Lions, Cards And Vikings. These are the teams we need to beat. Oh wait. We already beat two of them.

The Lions will probably finish 7-9. 8-8 would be good but there is no way they get to 7-9

The Cards could get hot and get to 9-7 but 8-8 is more realistic

The Bucs, stop worrying about them. They will win their division. There is no way Carolina, NO or Atlanta get to better than 7-9 because they all play each other.

If the redskins handle their business at home and beat Minny or Tampa they go. It is that simple.

Archived