Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday Night Football Crew - Kornheiser, Jaworski, and Tirico - How have they done?

footballhenry

Hey fellow Skins :point2sky fans! So I'd like to get an opinion of what :logo: Skins fans think of the Monday Night Football crew this year in Tony Kornheiser, Ron Jaworski, and Mike Tirico. Personally, I love just about every aspect of it. Jaworski provides excellent analysis, Kornheiser brings up great points, comedic shots, and serves as a thought-provoker while Tirico has shown great poise and delivery in play-by-play. Imho, they are the best announcing team in football....by far. I always tune in now to watch MNF regardless of the game, I feel compelled to watch even moreso than years past. I really think ESPN has done a great job at putting together a slick presentation all around.

1. MNF Crew

2. Troy Aikman & Joe Buck

3. Madden & Al Michaels (maybe..)

:2cents:

I preferred Theismann, Mike Patrick, and Paul McGuire.

The current crew would be better if they'd leave Tony K at some truck stop and drive away! I can't stand Korno! I feel like I'm not Jewish enough (I'm not Jewish at all) to understand anything he says! Theismann calls it "The Tony K Show." He's right.

Kornheiser brings up great points, comedic shots, and serves as a thought-provoker

You mean like the karma statements he was making last monday?

Kornball suks and the whole MNF has gotten terrible. I dont even watch MNF anymore and I eat, sleep and drink football. The 3rd quarter special guest F that people turn on MNF to watch football. IT SUCKS!

I think another factor is that ever since NBC got the Sunday night game back, the SNF game seems to be more compelling than the MNF game. The majority of the time I look at who's scheduled to play on Monday night and feel little desire to turn on the game. And that's early in the season.....starting now, SNF also has the benefits of the flex scheduling. Granted, the next 2 weeks (and perhaps beyond) are going to be the Patriots lovefest, but still.

As for the MNF crew itself. Tirico is OK but no Al Micheals. Jaworski and Theismann each bring about the same insight. I used to love Tony's columns but for the life of me can't see what he brings to the broadcast.

I don't see how anyone can stand to listen to MNF anymore. It's regularly horrible. ESPECIALLY the third quarter. Celebrity guests are for talk shows.

For some reason Jaws used to really bug me. I think because I used to think he was a Redskins hater. Recently though I've come to respect his commentary for the most part. He knows his stuff and generally seems annoyed at everyone else in the booth when they get off track from the game.

I don't really like Tirico because he seems to raise his voice a little more and get excited for a certain team during a game when he is calling it. He does this for basketball games too. Kornheiser does not belong in the booth. Maybe not as bad as Dennis Miller, but geez. Jaws is fine and I have no problem with. I can only hope he starts drowning out Kornheiser more.

But anyway, I hardly even watch MNF because it has gotten so bad. SNF is so much better in every way...and the flex scheduling starting at week 11 just makes it that much better.

I don't care for them w/the exception of Jaworski. He bring quite a bit of knowledge. The others I can do w/o. But I don't know who I would like to replace them. I liked Pat Summerall..but that ship has sailed.

I agree totally! They bring these people into the booth and the game is no longer the focus. I come to watch a game! Not a celebrity talk show!

Oh and Jaws is the only one I want to see too.

they flat out suck. I'd rather hear Madden and Summerall/Michaels, and that's saying a lot. Aikman and Buck are also solid.

Tirico just seems boring. Jaws/Thiesmann are/were knowledgeable so they can stay.

Kornheiser, useless. I hate it too. He's a pretty funny/cynical guy with the Washington Post, but now for MNF, all he does are heartfelt stories and thinks he's funny when he's not. Then how he would just stupidly argue with Thiesmann last year was annoying.

Personally, I think MNF would be better served without announcers, just show the dang game, not the entertainment/guests. This is why I really hate ESPN.

I really can't stand MNF. Not withstanding the fact that they seem to have the most horrible games a network can possibly get, the commentating team is horrible. As someone already stated, they spend way too much time trying to make the broadcast entertaining by cracking jokes than they do following the game.

The celebrity quarter needs to go as well. It wouldn't be too bad if they had someone in that knew something about the game (Vince Vaughn was actually tryingto comentate on the game while he was up there), but most of the time it's people that have no clue or desire to comment on the game.

Then again, maybe that all goes back to the games just not being very interesting. Seahawks and 49ers? Really?!

Whichever guy was the only one to pick us back in week 2, he's alright in my book. The rest of them are all haters and Cowboys.

As for the other crews, Aikman is a good announcer compared to the competition but he's still a Cowboy and therefore he sucks. Madden and Michaels don't bother me at all because I play too much Madden and almost expect to hear them.

I know I'm alone in the world on this but my favorite announcer is our own Joey T. I was glad to have him for half of a preseason game this year. (NFl Network split the local broadcasts for preseason replays, home and away team each got half)

I don't care who's in the booth if they stop bringing in celeb guests. I need 20 minutes of Barkley like a third nad...........

Now if ol Dan Deredorf (sp) was to drop by for all of about 10 seconds to say "Suffering succatash", it would make my night ;)

Hey fellow Skins :point2sky fans! So I'd like to get an opinion of what :logo: Skins fans think of the Monday Night Football crew this year in Tony Kornheiser, Ron Jaworski, and Mike Tirico. Personally, I love just about every aspect of it. Jaworski provides excellent analysis, Kornheiser brings up great points, comedic shots, and serves as a thought-provoker while Tirico has shown great poise and delivery in play-by-play. Imho, they are the best announcing team in football....by far. I always tune in now to watch MNF regardless of the game, I feel compelled to watch even moreso than years past. I really think ESPN has done a great job at putting together a slick presentation all around.

1. MNF Crew

2. Troy Aikman & Joe Buck

3. Madden & Al Michaels (maybe..)

Jaworski and Trico make for a great pair. As much as I like Kornheiser...he seems like a bit of a third wheel. I think Madden and Michaels were a solid duo on ABC'S Monday Night Football and I enjoy watching NBC's Sunday Night Football.

Plus, I HATE how they take an ENTIRE quarter from the game and into the booth. Really takes a fellow away from what's going on down on the field.

Correction: Summerall and Madden are my favorite pair in the booth. They did soild work for both CBS and FOX (really liked the NFC for some reason)

Archived